Multiple Players Test Positive

Your understanding of the ins and outs of the liability world could use a razor-sharpening.

Like VolGee already stated can people still sue? Yes.

Will it cost the University money? Yes. But if all the bases are covered there honestly isn’t much people can do, other then waste the Universities money on legal fees

FWIW, I just signed my kids up for virtual in Forsyth. Not because I’m afraid of them getting coronavirus, but because I don’t trust the county to provide consistency in face to face education this fall. Of course, I have the luxury of working part time from home.

Har.

Called a lot of ball in Forsyth. I thought N. Fulton was hickola then I visited N. Forsyht. lol

Reactions: kcvols1
I am sure that is what Trey Smith's family wants to hear. "We did the best we could, we wiped down the weight equipment and gave him a shield for his face mask, sorry he died. But hey here is the telephone number of our insurance company we have liability policy for you all to use, but we had to play football. So best of luck. " You are a complete tool.

Trey should do as he's always done and listen to his physicians. If they tell him it's too risky for him, he shouldn't play. It sucks, but that's the hand he's been dealt.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Fair enough.
IMO the kids are safer playing football then they are if they aren’t regarding the virus. The University is spending 10s of thousands of dollars on testing every month to make sure their players are good. I say let them play it’s the safest they will be.
So testing for the virus makes sure that you don't get it .... Didn't realize it was that easy. I'm good to go.
😂 man if that’s what you got out of that you might have the IQ of Potato. Congrats.

@VolGee4 He had it coming after his comment lol. You dish it I dish it.

He didn’t like my comment earlier about his IQ being Potato. For not reading between the lines... apparently he believes these kids are safer at home with nothing else to do then in a football program where they are constantly monitored and constantly practicing.

What he doesn’t realize is these kids don’t want to jeopardize their football careers by possibly getting Covid before Gameday and would more then likely be more cautious about Covid then they would be if they were just at home doing “distance learning.”

On top of that, an environment that constantly tests, sanitizes, monitors, etc is safer then an environment that does not. Period.

Does that mean people won’t get COVID? No it doesn’t, however, it does lower the chances and increases the chances of catching it and contact tracing it before it is an issue.

But, he doesn’t realize that.....

Also, if I had to guess he is an individual who hasn’t really had to work with or around people during all of this.... you know like some of us have.....

You make good points, but I would guess that the act of actually playing football is what can be an issue. Football cannot be played with social distancing, and coaches have to be closely involved, too. (Although I had another UT fan joke with me that our defense in some years looked like it definitely understood social distancing- lol). But, it's the organization of the school endorsing the game and putting them on. If a kid wants to play backyard football with 10 other teammates, that's on them. But when the school endorses their playing, they inherently take on some risk.

Yeah, well, get your story straight. Either there is liability or not.
Well liability means you are “liable” for if someone were to contract the coronavirus. However, if a school does everything in their capacity to mitigate it etc. following federal and state guidelines based on medical experts information, there wouldn’t really be “liability” on their end.

The posts I read were stating the liability issue is a big concern for universities regarding the 2020 season. You were arguing against that if I read your posts correctly.

More that it shouldn't be. Science says the virus is not a significant threat to that age group except in cases where there are comorbidities. Players face numerous potential health threats every day, and they are not forced to play. They can leave any time they wish...just as I can leave my job.

Reactions: Dumbledorange
TESTS POSITIVE!!! Means what? Sick? No. It means Maybe Positive; but the tests themselves aren't 100%. Death rates among 20 year olds? That's what I want to see. .00012?

No one argues that the players themselves are at risk of hospitalization, intubation, or death. It is those they come in contact with that they will spread it to unknowingly since most younger patients are asymptomatic. Coaches, parents, professors are all at risk with infected players and the more infected people you have, young or not, the higher spread risk in the general community which makes vulnerable citizens at risk of infection.

I’m pretty amazed at how few people get even a basic grasp of viral community spread dynamics.

You make good points, but I would guess that the act of actually playing football is what can be an issue. Football cannot be played with social distancing, and coaches have to be closely involved, too. (Although I had another UT fan joke with me that our defense in some years looked like it definitely understood social distancing- lol). But, it's the organization of the school endorsing the game and putting them on. If a kid wants to play backyard football with 10 other teammates, that's on them. But when the school endorses their playing, they inherently take on some risk.
Now I don’t disagree with this. I also don’t know what UT has done outside of mitigation to handle this. I would assume UT would have their players and legal guardians sign a waiver of some sort saying the school is not responsible for any Covid related incidents and that the school had done everything in their power outside of canceling the season to mitigate the risk of Covid 19?

Like VolGee already stated can people still sue? Yes.

Will it cost the University money? Yes. But if all the bases are covered there honestly isn’t much people can do, other then waste the Universities money on legal fees
Your understanding of the Rule of Law and of Legal Institutions is on a 3rd grade level. And candidly, I am being generous with the expertise I'm giving you.

He didn’t like my comment earlier about his IQ being Potato. For not reading between the lines... apparently he believes these kids are safer at home with nothing else to do then in a football program where they are constantly monitored and constantly practicing.

What he doesn’t realize is these kids don’t want to jeopardize their football careers by possibly getting Covid before Gameday and would more then likely be more cautious about Covid then they would be if they were just at home doing “distance learning.”

On top of that, an environment that constantly tests, sanitizes, monitors, etc is safer then an environment that does not. Period.

Does that mean people won’t get COVID? No it doesn’t, however, it does lower the chances and increases the chances of catching it and contact tracing it before it is an issue.

But, he doesn’t realize that.....

Also, if I had to guess he is an individual who hasn’t really had to work with or around people during all of this.... you know like some of us have.....

The guy should just stay in his basement, we will let him know when it's over...

Your understanding of the Rule of Law and of Legal Institutions is on a 3rd grade level. And candidly, I am being generous with the expertise I giving you.

Right... because you know what my job profession is. 👌 Your trolling won’t work on me. You are honestly bad at it. That is also about the 4th sentence you haven’t been able to properly formulate. Yet I am the one with a low IQ....

Carry on with your bad self.

Now I don’t disagree with this. I also don’t know what UT has done outside of mitigation to handle this. I would assume UT would have their players and legal guardians sign a waiver of some sort saying the school is not responsible for any Covid related incidents and that the school had done everything in their power outside of canceling the season to mitigate the risk of Covid 19?

If they play, they may try that. Waivers are not automatically "no liability" tickets though. You can't knowingly build a deadly roller coaster and then ask people to sign a waiver. They will get some advice from the state health officials, and if they strongly urge not playing, then I find it hard to believe that the schools will go against that advice.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what happens. If there is a season, it will be a wild ride, and you will see guys miss games and decisions made that we've never seen.

Of course this point is different than the one you have been arguing with everyone about for the last 30 minutes. Take your Prozac and get some sleep, hit it hard tomorrow.

Right... because you know what my job profession is. 👌 Your trolling won’t work on me. You are honestly bad at it. That is also about the 4th sentence you haven’t been able to properly formulate. Yet I am the one with a low IQ....

Carry on with your bad self.
"Job Profession is" .... now that is a sentence to be proud of. Yep, you are the little rock for sure.

Stop. Just stop.

[VIDEO=]

Liable - Responsible by law.

Last time I checked individuals contracting viruses and getting sick on a college campus doesn’t make the college “liable” for their contracting said virus or sickness.....

Liability would come if a school knowingly sent its players into a game against a team with known Covid-19 cases and they contracted Covid-19.

If a kid gets the virus away from school the school isn’t responsible for that.

Anyways. Could there be “liability issues?” Possibly, but I would assume UTs lawyers are smart enough to figure that out and mitigate as much of the “liability” as possible.

Of course this point is different than the one you have been arguing with everyone about for the last 30 minutes. Take your Prozac and get some sleep, hit it hard tomorrow.

The boy's more than a bit confused. We can only assist him so far. If he's off his meds, then his family needs to be involved in getting him proper medical help.

Liable - Responsible by law.

Last time I checked individuals contracting viruses and getting sick on a college campus doesn’t make the college “liable” for their contracting said virus or sickness.....

Liability would come if a school knowingly sent its players into a game against a team with known Covid-19 cases and they contracted Covid-19.

If a kid gets the virus away from school the school isn’t responsible for that.

Anyways. Could there be “liability issues?” Possibly, but I would assume UTs lawyers are smart enough to figure that out and mitigate as much of the “liability” as possible.

Thank you for allowing people in the "know" to make the decisions, and again I am glad to see how far you have come from "Their safer if they play football." I mean it takes personal growth to not admit that you are wrong but spin into a 180 degree turn and start agreeing with people that are writing the exact same thing as someone that you are disagreeing with. Carry on...............

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Thank you for allowing people in the "know" to make the decisions, and again I am glad to see how far you have come from "Their safer if they play football." I mean it takes personal growth to not admit that you are wrong but spin into a 180 degree turn and start agreeing with people that are writing the exact same thing as someone that you are disagreeing with. Carry on...............

Nothing you stated was anything like @VolGee4 stated. Lol. Man you are a piece of work. The kids are in a safer environment then they would be if they are away from school. Period. The University is doing everything in its power to ensure that they are constantly monitored, tested and everything that they are around, touch, etc. is completely sanitized. You are a clown.

Reactions: BlackCreekVol
Nothing you stated was anything like @VolGee4 stated. Lol. Man you are a piece of work. The kids are in a safer environment then they would be if they are away from school. Period. The University is doing everything in its power to ensure that they are constantly monitored, tested and everything that they are around, touch, etc. is completely sanitized. You are a clown.

I feel sorry for your dog..... he must be one confused SOB. I mean the drivel that comes out of your mouth is just nonsensical. I am done, trying to convince you of another point of view is like try to teach a chicken not to sh#t where it walks. So goodbye for good. It has not been a time that I will remember with any fondness for you or your acumen (I assume you will have to look that one up.)

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN

VN Store

Back