Multiple Players Test Positive

The individuals that you said outside of the football team specific, are all tested and monitored the same as the football players. You trying to make this something it isn’t? Because you aren’t doing a good job at it.
So what if they are tested? They still may be high risk. The universities will have possible huge liability risks if football goes on as planned. I want the football season to proceed but I also thought the COVID issue would not be as severe as it is today when listening to the experts a couple of months ago.

Guess you haven’t read that they have to be tested before every game..... but that would make sense, since you didn’t read the article before posting.

I also, did not state that a football player would not contract the virus however, a football player is more likely to catch it early, be around individuals who are regularly tested meaning they probably don’t have it or if they do are quarantined until they test negative, practice and play in a place that is constantly sanitizing everything, attend a place that enforces wearing masks, which in turn also makes it easier to contact trace.

But please, keep telling me how I am the individual who can’t see that the common sense thing is that individuals who are monitored 24/7 are probably safer then individuals who aren’t..... lol

Also, say these players “socially distance” and “take online classes” what 18 to 22 year olds do you know that are going to not get out and about? 😂 Atleast in the football environment if they do those things they will be constantly monitored and be provided the best care possible.

But, you know it’s probably to hard for you to connect all those dots.

You said it was safer. And it is not. My point is, and you seem to be agreeing with me even unknowingly, that there are just as much risk as every other student plus they interact with many, many more people. Which means they are more susceptible to the virus. I mean anyone trying to argue to the contrary is insane. Testing is not a cure and they don't test them every day. So it is a proven fact that college athletes are getting it because they are interacting with each other. So IT IS NOT SAFER! Dang. But hey keep trying to explain away your comments.... I just want be participating any longer, I feel like I dropping to your IQ level when I do.

Reactions: Old-n-4getful-Vol
So what if they are tested? They still may be high risk. The universities will have possible huge liability risks if football goes on as planned. I want the football season to proceed but I also thought the COVID issue would not be as severe as it is today when listening to the experts a couple of months ago.
Experts? Like Fauci? Mmmm...

Players will be quarantined to avoid your scenario. No visiting the girlfriend who visited 5 others last week.

Yeah sure, quarantine all football teams in the SEC. That is a dandy idea, obviously that will work. Let's make them take all on line classes, play them a small stipend, make them practice and play games for our enjoyment. But they can't ever leave their dorms. Should we chain them up or just lock all the doors and guard with Snipers?

A school that follows all guidelines and regulations doesn’t have “liability” I also assume that the school has “liability” insurance for such things anyways.

Reactions: kcvols1
You said it was safer. And it is not. My point is, and you seem to be agreeing with me even unknowingly, that there are just as much risk as every other student plus they interact with many, many more people. Which means they are more susceptible to the virus. I mean anyone trying to argue to the contrary is insane. Testing is not a cure and they don't test them every day. So it is a proven fact that college athletes are getting it because they are interacting with each other. So IT IS NOT SAFER! Dang. But hey keep trying to explain away your comments.... I just want be participating any longer, I feel like I dropping to your IQ level when I do.

😂 you are probably one of the individuals who thinks it is safe to stay in your house the whole time and not come out except for essentials.... you know since it is impossible to contract the virus when you do so..... oh wait.... tons of people still got it even though they were “sheltering in place” active individuals who are constantly monitored and who are in good health are not a susceptible to the virus and also have a better chance of having immunity to the virus. So.... you do you....

Experts? Like Fauci? Mmmm...
Agree. I had confidence in the medical experts a couple of months ago but they really do not have a clue. Unfortunately some networks think they are infallible and God-like in their opinions. How dare Trump not follow Fauci’s recommedations.

Man I know you are a “lawyer” but where did I put “easy” in that comment.

First, just because schools follow some sort of guidelines or regulations, doesn't mean they are immune from lawsuits. Lawsuits (whether frivolous or not) cost money.

Second, you are only pay for so much insurance. A suit might seek for more than your limit and then the overage will come from the school itself.

I didn't mean to make light of what you said, but people just assume these are easy decisions. I want football just like everyone else, and my kids will be going back to in-person learning at school. But this is the real world we live in, and there are many things to consider. Bottom line is if the benefit of the conference payout outweighs the risk for playing, then they will play football. Just not for me to decide.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Don’t understand your point... Trey Smith literally played a sport knowing it could kill him..... so.... uhhh you think he is reading your links and is all the sudden going to be like “you know what Dumbledorange, I am just not going to play college football anymore, you know because of COVID.... you know what matter of fact I can’t believe I did a march during the height of it..... since I was afraid of it.... I’m done man.....”

Reactions: bullet20 and FBtime
There are a couple of attorneys posting here recently that disagree with you. Have you read all the posts today in this thread.

I saw one for sure. Of course there are attorneys with different opinions on every case. How often do all our top judges agree?

I am glad you are not the general counsel for UT, because you are absolutely misguided. If when the players were called back in for workouts and some chose not to come, there is no guarantee that their scholarship would be granted. So there is a forced element to this. If for instance UT does not follow the CDC requirements to every degree and a football player can prove that, there is clear liability. Its called causation. That is exactly why some schools and universities are going to online classes, to diminish the liability. It is really not that hard to see.
Did you notice my mention of mitigating the risk?

First, just because schools follow some sort of guidelines or regulations, doesn't mean they are immune from lawsuits. Lawsuits (whether frivolous or not) cost money.

Second, you are only pay for so much insurance. A suit might seek for more than your limit and then the overage will come from the school itself.

I didn't mean to make light of what you said, but people just assume these are easy decisions. I want football just like everyone else, and my kids will be going back to in-person learning at school. But this is the real world we live in, and there are many things to consider. Bottom line is if the benefit of the conference payout outweighs the risk for playing, then they will play football. Just not for me to decide.

Now see this is a response. Thanks for that. I think colleges should implement a 2 days class 3 days online or whatever, but still have kids on campus. Teachers should “socially distance” in class and if they can’t they need to be provided an N95 mask. classes should be offered online but you can’t take away from the in class portion of school. As for football etc. people have to work. Universities can’t keep funding without receiving income.

While the big schools will survive other schools won’t. But you are right no matter what anyone posts on this board, UT is going to do what is in their best interest. But life has to go on, the world cannot stop for one virus.

Reactions: VolGee4
Now see this is a response. Thanks for that. I think colleges should implement a 2 days class 3 days online or whatever, but still have kids on campus. Teachers should “socially distance” in class and if they can’t they need to be provided an N95 mask. classes should be offered online but you can’t take away from the in class portion of school. As for football etc. people have to work. Universities can’t keep funding without receiving income.

While the big schools will survive other schools won’t. But you are right no matter what anyone posts on this board, UT is going to do what is in their best interest. But life has to go on, the world cannot stop for one virus.

I agree. Locally, the K-6 are going back to 5 days a week because they can limit the number of kids in each class. However, 7-12 are going to two days in-person and 3 days online because they can't limit the classes to a certain number.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
I am sure that is what Trey Smith's family wants to hear. "We did the best we could, we wiped down the weight equipment and gave him a shield for his face mask, sorry he died. But hey here is the telephone number of our insurance company we have liability policy for you all to use, but we had to play football. So best of luck. " You are a complete tool.
Trey Smith literally played a sport knowing it could kill him. Gtfoh.

Reactions: rockytop989
I saw one for sure. Of course there are attorneys with different opinions on every case. How often do all our top judges agree?
The posts I read were stating the liability issue is a big concern for universities regarding the 2020 season. You were arguing against that if I read your posts correctly.

Don’t understand your point... Trey Smith literally played a sport knowing it could kill him..... so.... uhhh you think he is reading your links and is all the sudden going to be like “you know what Dumbledorange, I am just not going to play college football anymore, you know because of COVID.... you know what matter of fact I can’t believe I did a march during the height of it..... since I was afraid of it.... I’m done man.....”

What people, including Trey Smith, do with the information that I provide is none of my business.

Reactions: RobertPellitt
Chizzle is a good dude. It doesn't have to be so contentious. Sometimes, you just have to discuss it.
He didn’t like my comment earlier about his IQ being Potato. For not reading between the lines... apparently he believes these kids are safer at home with nothing else to do then in a football program where they are constantly monitored and constantly practicing.

What he doesn’t realize is these kids don’t want to jeopardize their football careers by possibly getting Covid before Gameday and would more then likely be more cautious about Covid then they would be if they were just at home doing “distance learning.”

On top of that, an environment that constantly tests, sanitizes, monitors, etc is safer then an environment that does not. Period.

Does that mean people won’t get COVID? No it doesn’t, however, it does lower the chances and increases the chances of catching it and contact tracing it before it is an issue.

But, he doesn’t realize that.....

Also, if I had to guess he is an individual who hasn’t really had to work with or around people during all of this.... you know like some of us have.....

VN Store

Back