NASCAR bans the confederate flag

By using words such as "hoax", and also asking Wallace for an apology, Trump is heavily implying that Wallace coordinated the incident. He didn't.

On June 25, NASCAR released a photo of the noose taken by security. In a teleconference later that day, NASCAR President Steve Phelps explained that NASCAR had inspected every garage at their 29 tracks, with 11 garages containing a pull-down rope but the only one with a noose tied at the end of it, was the one near Wallace's stall. Although, the individual was left unidentified, Phelps added sensitivity training and unconscious bias training would be mandated for its personnel and also said that "Bubba Wallace and the 43 team had nothing to do with this." There is no evidence that shows Wallace's integrity should be called into question. He doesn't owe anyone an apology. At least to this point, it appears that Wallace and the members of his team, legitimately believed someone was trying to intimidate him due to the color of his skin and they responded accordingly.

I suppose an apology may not necessarily be in order but continuing to double down on it the way he did was wrong. He could’ve squashed it and said it was a simple misunderstanding by HIS crew but instead he insinuated it was done maliciously at some point before he was assigned that garage. He wanted to be a victim so bad.

Omg...all this time of hanging on his every utterance by the Dems and they still have yet to figure out that Trump calls virtually everything that gets misrepresented in the media a hoax.🤦‍♀️🤣
Is it our fault that Trump has such a limited vocabulary? Yes, he misuses words constantly. It's not just that, however. In this instance, asking Bubba Wallace to apologize was flat ridiculous.

I suppose an apology may not necessarily be in order but continuing to double down on it the way he did was wrong. He could’ve squashed it and said it was a simple misunderstanding by HIS crew but instead he insinuated it was done maliciously at some point before he was assigned that garage. He wanted to be a victim so bad.
Trump is wrong to call it a hoax.

"Trump isn't responsible for the things he says because he misuses words frequently." - dynalo

You need to brush up on your old boomer euphemisms. All my life I’ve heard it used as a polite way to reference a twisting of the truth when just enough factual information has been presented to make something not an outright lie.

My grandma used it, my dad used, his friends used and I’ve used it that way throughout the years. Dad always referred to the Warren Commission Report as “Warren’s hoax” because it contained a lot of manure mixed in to it.

He could have at least admitted it was nothing and a complete jump to conclusions by his team.
That doesn't make it a hoax and there is nothing to apologize for. It appears to have been a simple misunderstanding... but that was not an unreasonable conclusion to reach under the circumstances. Once again, there wasn't a rope with a noose tied at the end at any of the other 10 garages with a pull down rope, and this was near his stall.

You need to brush up on your old boomer euphemisms. All my life I’ve heard it used as a polite way to reference a twisting of the truth when just enough factual information has been presented to make something not an outright lie.

My grandma used it, my dad used, his friends used and I’ve used it that way throughout the years. Dad always referred to the Warren Commission Report as “Warren’s hoax” because it contained a lot of manure mixed in to it.

Your kin's misuse of the word doesn't excuse POTUS using the term in an incorrect and inflammatory way.

Debatable I suppose. Looking for a hate crime when none existed, was proven to not have existed, yet doubling down on it could’ve been is trying to perpetuate a hoax.
No, it's not debatable. It's only a hoax if Wallace or a member of his team had tied the rope into a noose and the FBI and NASCAR have both concluded that it wasn't.

No, it's not debatable. It's only a hoax if Wallace or a member of his team had tied the rope into a noose and the FBI and NASCAR have both concluded that it wasn't.

So their complete and utter ignorance makes it not a hoax even though they double down on said ignorance? I mean even after the FBI decisively concluded it was nothing he went around on various networks still claiming it was.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Riots, murders, looting, and arson all across America, yet the Noose Hoax required 10 FBI agents to investigate a Lie.
Well that’s the FBI’s fault. Which I haven’t heard of Trump asking for an explanation on that. NASCAR, nor Bubba, said send us your ten best.

Might have been helpful if the media had waited for that conclusion before they called nascar fans and anyone else who didn’t immediately buy in a bunch of racists for several days.

But as usual they blow up a story that didn’t actually exist.

Riots, murders, looting, and arson all across America, yet the Noose Hoax required 10 FBI agents to investigate a Lie.
Once again, it's only a "hoax" if you can prove that Bubba Wallace or a member of his team, tied the pull-down rope near his garage stall into a noose. This appears to have been an unfortunate misunderstanding. Maybe Wallace and the members of his team did jump to a conclusion too soon... but what you are doing now is just as bad. You cannot prove that Wallace or the members of his team tied that rope into a noose, but you clearly do want to believe that is what happened.

So their complete and utter ignorance makes it not a hoax even though they double down on said ignorance? I mean even after the FBI decisively concluded it was nothing he went around on various networks still claiming it was.
What was complete and utter ignorance? They saw a rope tied into a noose near his garage stall. You don't see that in every garage. They concluded that to be a racially motivated tactic of intimidation against their driver. It was a misunderstanding, perhaps even a rush to judgment, but not an unreasonable determination under the circumstances. Racial tensions are high right now. That probably contributed to this incident.

Reactions: volfanhill
Might have been helpful if the media had waited for that conclusion before they called nascar fans and anyone else who didn’t immediately buy in a bunch of racists for several days.

I would agree with that.

Sure but that’s not Bubba’s or NASCARS fault

Reactions: tntar heel

VN Store

Back