NASCAR bans the confederate flag

lawgator1

Interesting. What will be more interesting is what happens when there is a race and some fans insist on it, then look to their favorite race teams to take a position.

Interesting. What will be more interesting is what happens when there is a race and some fans insist on it, then look to their favorite race teams to take a position.
I don't think this will improve the low attendance for the last few years. It's good to know they are against free speech though.

I don't think this will improve the low attendance for the last few years. It's good to know they are against free speech though.

I went to a couple in Daytona to see the spectacle. Not particularly a fan. Was interesting experience. Some fan seemed WAY into it. Charts. Headphones listening to race communications. Very much too themselves. Rest were just drunk.

If a baker can deny service, so can another private entity like NASCAR. Be consistent.
I don't think a baker denied service to gay folks like yourself because they were gay. They denied what they claimed to be participation in a service that went against their religion. What group is NASCAR denying participation in a service that goes against their religious principles??

I don't think a baker denied service to gay folks like yourself because they were gay. They denied what they claimed to be participation in a service that went against their religion. What group is NASCAR denying participation in a service that goes against their religious principles??
None of that matters. Private company, they can do what they want. This is what you guys wanted, now you are getting it.

I'm not interested in any group that doesn't allow free speech. Looks like the NFL will allow one side to have free speech, and NASCAR is joining in.
Lol you are being unusually ridiculous. So back when you had a shop, if your three biggest customers are inside making orders, and someone walks in wearing something that says “kill whitey”. You wouldn’t have asked them to leave? What if they say if you don’t then they won’t do business with you? I am not equating the flag with killing. But don’t pretend like business, including your own, doesn’t get driven by one thing. And we both know what it is .

Lol you are being unusually ridiculous. So back when you had a shop, if your three biggest customers are inside making orders, and someone walks in wearing something that says “kill whitey”. You wouldn’t have asked them to leave? What if they say if you don’t then they won’t do business with you? I am not equating the flag with killing. But don’t pretend like business, including your own, doesn’t get driven by one thing. And we both know what it is .
I absolutely would not ask them to leave. I would ask them if I could help them. Not help them kill whitey, but would fill their order in a heartbeat. As far as the 3 biggest customers go, I never let anybody tell me how to run my business.

I absolutely would not ask them to leave. I would ask them if I could help them. Not help them kill whitey, but would fill their order in a heartbeat. As far as the 3 biggest customers go, I never let anybody tell me how to run my business.
So you would have risked losing your 3 biggest accounts over some ass hat wearing an offensive shirt?

Reactions: Behr
This is going to be a legally slippery slope for NASCAR so they are saying that people can't have something attached to their own property (car, truck, motorhome etc.) while on NASCAR property?

So will they try and remove people who have a Confederate flag bumper sticker/decals, window shade sceen (or what ever it's called). What about a state issued Sons of Confederate Veterans license plate?

One other thing someone brought up is that a lot of these campgrounds surrounding tracks are not owned by NASCAR.

So people could still be flying it just off NASCAR property.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
And his I racing "incident"

I personally have always wanted Bubba to do well and have rooted for him. But, he is way too immature to be taken seriously at this point. Pouring water over a passed out Alex Bowman, making the Denny Hamlin comment, throwing a pity party over his upbringing, etc. Individually, I am sure some things are excusable, but he literally portrays the victim in every single instance. And, to be fair, if we are going to bring race into it, he has his ride because of his color. Earlier this year, a big financial backer came on board to help fund RPM strictly because Bubba is black and the financial backer is, too, and was looking to help a minority.

So will this end racism now? I don't watch NASCAR, but I somehow doubt this will fix everything. Heck, I didn't even know bubba Wallace was a black guy! I'd heard of him, but had no clue till today😂.
It’s NASCAR protecting the most important thing they have. And that’s not fan attendance. It’s their tv contracts.

So you would have risked losing your 3 biggest accounts over some ass hat wearing an offensive shirt?
Yes. I was brought up in the business to treat all customers equally, and to take them barbershop style, i.e. next man up. The family business lasted 67 years until all the family was gone but me, and I retired. We must have done something right as we had plenty of competition.

Reactions: hmhawk

VN Store

Back