Tim Jordan arrested

If he were at Bama, he’d get nothing (see OT Robinson from a few years back, and his gun was STOLEN)

Yeah But; Robinson was a Better player that Nicky Needed . There IS NO Standard short of Murder that Nicky won't override If he needs the player to win. "IN HOUSE" Discipline.

Article says speeding and swerving into the bicycle lane.

Ah Ha! LOL, Reminds me of the time a Trucker was "Driving erratically" ; Cops pulled him over, discovered 10 million in Dope hidden in the holds. If you are doing Nefarious things, Drive Like Your Mama.

The fact that "he could not be caught after running from police" is not included in this story, should be the most concerning problem for Vol fans.
That puts me in a catch 22. On one hand if guilty i want the cops to catch them. On the other i would hope my teams running back could out run someone that isn't a D1 athlete.

Reactions: Dumbledorange
That puts me in a catch 22. On one hand if guilty i want the cops to catch them. On the other i would hope my teams running back could out run someone that isn't a D1 athlete.

It's kinda troubling isn't. I bet he used his one phone call to Pruitt. Coach tore him a new one on that exact subject I'm sure. "Earn your scholarship and Stipend Son!

Too bad for the guy, but since UT needs to free up a few scholarships, I don't think we take him back for 2020.

The other thread said 9.25 grams. That’s a misdemeanor. Unlawful possession of a firearm is a misdemeanor in TN. Actually, you can legally have a gun in your vehicle without a permit.
He had it on his person, in his back pocket unholstered. There's also no way he obtained a pistol legally since you have to be 21 to purchase a handgun.

Jordan probably isn't coming back. I think most people forgot that we still have Fils-aime coming back next year so we still have depth before we have to rely on any freshman. We'll be okay without Jordan.

Reactions: feathersax
Dude, go online and do 30 -45 mins class that's what I meant by now it's so easy. However I'm like you I do a class and keep my permit up to date not really all that difficult if your legally able to
I took my class in person 8 years ago.

He had it on his person, in his back pocket unholstered. There's also no way he obtained a pistol legally since you have to be 21 to purchase a handgun.

There is a quirk in TN that an adult (18+) can have a handgun in his private vehicle. I specifically said that a person can legally have a handgun "in his vehicle" in TN. I understand that the article said he had it on his person, and he would probably be charged with it on his person in TN as well.

I believe there are some federal requirements about not selling guns to those under 21, and you do have to be 21 to get a handgun permit in TN. But I do not believe there is any restriction for an 18 year old to legally obtain (through private purchase or otherwise) a handgun in TN.

Some of these responses are simply hilarious..!!!
"You don't ruin a kids life over..blah..blah..blah)"
HELLO...!!! The "KID" made this choice, nobody else so if there's a ruined life it was HIS choice to do so.
Then there's all the posts about what the charges would be in Tennessee..!!
WHO CARES..???!!! What difference does it make ?? He was caught in FLORIDA. Hell, if he had been caught in Malaysia...he'd be executed.
Florida has made it so easy to get a concealed carry permit you have to be brain-dead to carry a firearm without one.
Florida has ALSO made it so easy to LEGALLY possess and use marijuana, again...gotta be brain dead to get caught with it otherwise.
A scale and baggies..??? I'm SURE there's a perfectly innocent explanation for that.
And...of all places...screwing around with a unlawful carry, dope, baggies, a scale...etc. at 0500...in POLK County...OMFG..!!
Grady Judd is the High Sheriff of Polk County and he don't have NO sense of humor with THUGS, which is what we have here.
This "Dude" screams criminal/ thug at the top of his voice...I hope CJP and Phil Fulmer are listening.
This individual is GONE from Rocky Top or the Board of Reagents needs to re-evaluate the people running the Athletic Department.

Yep, we should just ship him to Malaysia so you know he could get the death penalty...and we free up a roster spot...win win!

I think we are in the "If you can't be a good example, you can, at least, be horrible warning " territory. l'il weed is one thing...a gun. Jackpot!
A dose of reality: Several years ago, a 14 year old young man in Mobile, AL, feeling threatened by some thugs in a gray car, shot into a similar car passing on the street and killed a 16 year old girl. When I asked the 19 year old kid I was mentoring what a 14 year old was doing with a gun, he replied: "We all got guns". In the "hood", you have to do what you have to do to survive. Sadly, there are a lot of good kids carrying guns, because they have to. Until there is a remedy for a situation where a kid has to tote a gun for protection, stories like Tim Jordan's will persist.

Florida statute:

This section contains laws concerning general transportation of a firearm, such as in a vehicle. They are laws that would apply if you do not have a ccw permit recognized by this state.
790.01 Carrying concealed weapons
790.01 Unlicensed carrying of concealed weapons or concealed firearms.-
(1) Except as provided in subsection (3) (4), a person who is not licensed under s. 790.06 and who carries a concealed weapon or electric weapon or device on or about his or her person commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
(2) Except as provided in subsection (3), a person who is not licensed under s. 790.06 and who carries a concealed firearm on or about his or her person commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

Are there still laws?

There is a quirk in TN that an adult (18+) can have a handgun in his private vehicle. I specifically said that a person can legally have a handgun "in his vehicle" in TN. I understand that the article said he had it on his person, and he would probably be charged with it on his person in TN as well.

I believe there are some federal requirements about not selling guns to those under 21, and you do have to be 21 to get a handgun permit in TN. But I do not believe there is any restriction for an 18 year old to legally obtain (through private purchase or otherwise) a handgun in TN.
Gotcha. Thank you for the clarification.

VN Store

Back