Tim Jordan arrested

Literally 100% of this thread either owns a gun or smokes weed

I’d go as far as to project that a good 30% chunk probably does both.

Getting caught sucks but it’s not like he copped an aggravated assault w a deadly weapon. Sucks it’s a felony in Florida though.
Tim Jordan did nothing wrong

Reactions: DNBVOL
Ok I’ll play the devil’s advocate: if marijuana was legal he wouldn’t need the gun. Or the marijuana.

Literally 100% of this thread either owns a gun or smokes weed

I’d go as far as to project that a good 30% chunk probably does both.

Getting caught sucks but it’s not like he copped an aggravated assault w a deadly weapon. Sucks it’s a felony in Florida though.
The difference is that most of us carry legally. He wasn't charged with owning a gun.

This is nothing more than an opportunity to redeem himself. Ask JJ about second chances. I’m rootin’ for the young man.
I hate that Jauan is always referenced when some player gets arrested. Jauan was stupidly kicked off because he just said out loud what everybody knew about an incompetent and petty coaching staff. He was never arrested

Ok I’ll play the devil’s advocate: if marijuana was legal he wouldn’t need the gun. Or the marijuana.
I don't think this logic helps very much. The bottom line is that it isn't legal where he was caught with it and ignorance of the law (and I'm sure he knew the local law, anyway) is no excuse for breaking it.

Tim Jordan isn't valuable enough as a player for the UT coaching staff to burn any political capital over. I will be shocked if he isn't dismissed.

Tim picked the wrong place as he was arrested in the FL County where the Sheriff is Grady Judd. Can't stand the dude as there is not too many days his ugly face does not appear on Tampa News.

Arrested in Florida at 5am with a 17 year old in the car with him, with a loaded gun, marijuana, scales, and little bags.

Does not sound good

We had a BAMA OL caught similarly in Lousisiana a few years ago but his drug was more serious than weed. It went away. This can go away if the will to make it so is there.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
The difference is that most of us carry legally. He wasn't charged with owning a gun.
Right, and was stated that if he were caught in Tennessee we’d be talking about a misdemeanor with a maximum 11 & 29.

My only point is that this isn’t quite a damning or condemning offense imo.

Reactions: livefaith
The fact that "he could not be caught after running from police" is not included in this story, should be the most concerning problem for Vol fans.

Reactions: savannahfan
Right, and was stated that if he were caught in Tennessee we’d be talking about a misdemeanor with a maximum 11 & 29.

My only point is that this isn’t quite a damning or condemning offense imo.

Yes 100%.

Plus, consider how much good Josie Wales did for everything using non-permit concealed carry.

Correct me if I'm wrong @lawgator1, but in the state of Florida, he could have the gun in the car, but not on his person, if it was at least a 3 step process to get it firing ready. I.e. in the middle console while in the locked holster. So step 1, open console, step 2, pick it up and step 3, get out of holster. This is if you don't have a CCW.

Reactions: eroller1141@gmail

VN Store

Back