Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine if HS football isn't played this year. Ratings and evals are going to be all over the place. No room for late bloomers and very very few will come in ready to play.
I'm choosing to believe that we will be back to normal by summer. IF HS football isn't played, player retention will be more important than ever before.

LeBron: Summitt's Lady Vols would 'SMASH' South Carolina

The SEC Network proposed the question Sunday afternoon on Twitter.

Who would you take: The Pat Summitt Era of Lady Vols basketball or the Dawn Staley Era of South Carolina basketball?

Summitt’s Lady Vols included Kellie Harper, Kara Lawson, Tamika Catchings, Chamique Holdsclaw and Candace Parker. Staley’s South Carolina five were Ty Harris, Tiffany Mitchell, Kaela Davis, Alaina Coates and A’Ja Wilson.

Apparently it wasn’t that tough of a decision for LeBron James.

“No disrespect to those lady Gamecocks and their hoopers cause they can ball,” James wrote on Twitter late Sunday night, “but THAT Lady Vols team would SMASH damn near any team. Now if you put them vs Lady Huskies (Bird, DT, Maya, B. Stewart, Lobo) now we talking. And yes I know they ain’t in the SEC”

Staley had her own reply, albeit brief.

“K LeBron,” she wrote.

Not that there is any doubt here, but just for perspective:

Staley has been coaching 12 years at USC and has 1 championship. We could also throw in 8 years at Temple, but we'll be nice and excuse those years at a lower school.

There was no such thing as the ncaa tournament the first 6 years of Pat's career. The tourney started in '81 and Pat won it 3 times in the next 10 years. And just 5 years later had the 3 peat.

Staley can only catch up with Pat's first 17 years if she wins it all the next 5 years straight...lol yeah.

One Las Vegas oddsmaker released its projected win totals for the 2020 college football season on Monday, and Tennessee's number is a little more intriguing than the one set by another oddsmaker last week. The Caesars Palace Race and Sports Book has set the over/under on regular-season wins for Tennessee at 7.5 games.

DraftKings last week set Tennessee's over/under for 2020 at seven wins, after giving the Vols 12-to-1 odds to win the SEC East and making them 100-to-1 longshots to win the SEC championship

O/u 7 @ DraftKings is very intriguing. Wouldn't that mean 7-5 is a push? So you only lose if we finish 6-6 or worse?

O/u 7 @ DraftKings is very intriguing. Wouldn't that mean 7-5 is a push? So you only lose if we finish 6-6 or worse?
Yep. That’s about what my expectations are but I think we finish 8-4. QB play will hold us back yet again. Plus the schedule is tough

I see in finance what you see in law. I know it is a hugh issue with what Fannie, Freddie, Ginnie and HUD are asking of servicers. Won’t go into it but it will make 2008 look like child’s play globally. It is not based on a model but actual real world problems.
Are you saying we should get out of the stock market now with our 401k, while the market is somewhat ok right now?

All I know is that my brother lives in NW Arkansas, and they have a strange fascination with UT, even though we are in the other division.
Stoerner..

But I mean why do people say that they do not belong in the SEC? Arkansas is more southern than these cockeyed Kentuckians. My brother lived there a while, and we still have friends and family in Ft Smith. It feels just as southern as Tennessee to me. If anything..they should have never been in the SWC or Big 12. They definitely have more in common with the other southern states than they do Texas, Okie, Nebraska and Kansas.

Are you saying we should get out of the stock market now with our 401k, while the market is somewhat ok right now?

Aren’t you pretty young? I’m not a finance guy, so probably shouldn’t give advice. But anyone under 50-55 is in it for the long haul. Even at 55, you are still in it for probably at least 10 more years.

That's awesome. Could you go a bit further into your BP diet? Is it vegan or just a minimal amount of animal products?

What was your diet like before starting this?

I don't eat meat, dairy, sweets, etc. Everything I eat is either fruit or vegetable. There are many documentaries on netflix, hulu, etc about plant based diets that are much more informative than what I can type on here. Everyone should take the time to watch 1 or more of them. Here are just a few;
1. Forks over Knives
2. What the Health
3. Game changers
There are many more, but these are the ones that got me started. I used to eat meat, dairy, etc everyday, the typical "SAD" (standard american diet) diet. But since my change, I will never go back. Things that used to appeal to me (smell of meat cooking, etc), now turn my stomach. It smells awful. Take time to watch these documentaries, it could change your life. It did mine.

Stoerner..

But I mean why do people say that they do not belong in the SEC? Arkansas is more southern than these cockeyed Kentuckians. My brother lived there a while, and we still have friends and family in Ft Smith. It feels just as southern as Tennessee to me. If anything..they should have never been in the SWC or Big 12. They definitely have more in common with the other southern states than they do Texas, Okie, Nebraska and Kansas.

Being from Texas, they seemed to be a natural rival. But I agree, Arkansas and UT have a lot in common. Both in one side of their state with hilly terrain; both the dominant P5 instate school with strong support throughout the state; both with a history in football but having to overcome modern day obstacles; both in a tough location for recruiting and having to rely on talent in a rich, neighboring state.

Aren’t you pretty young? I’m not a finance guy, so probably shouldn’t give advice. But anyone under 50-55 is in it for the long haul. Even at 55, you are still in it for probably at least 10 more years.
Generally true, I would just add it is a spectrum. No need for anyone to ever be all in or out of equities. The question is just how much to push into more conservative securities - bonds, money market, etc and it should generally be higher the closer to retirement you are.

I don't eat meat, dairy, sweets, etc. Everything I eat is either fruit or vegetable. There are many documentaries on netflix, hulu, etc about plant based diets that are much more informative than what I can type on here. Everyone should take the time to watch 1 or more of them. Here are just a few;
1. Forks over Knives
2. What the Health
3. Game changers
There are many more, but these are the ones that got me started. I used to eat meat, dairy, etc everyday, the typical "SAD" (standard american diet) diet. But since my change, I will never go back. Things that used to appeal to me (smell of meat cooking, etc), now turn my stomach. It smells awful. Take time to watch these documentaries, it could change your life. It did mine.
Tbf I have only seen 1 - What The Health. It seemed to be mostly cherrypicked, skewed statements, and "gotcha journalism" imo, coming from a prior Vegan of 5 years.

I agreed with less red meat, and probably none at all, is good (duh), but when they said eating chicken is equivalent to smoking 5 packs of cigarettes, I about fell out of my chair. The way he would call large health orgs and ask some lowly secretary a very in-depth scientific question, using their non-response as evidence of a coverup, was just absurd. Maybe the other 2 docs are better, but that one we just thought was way off base and manipulative in many aspects.

That all said, there are obvious benefits to what you're doing and am not disagreeing with that whatsoever.

What do you do for protein? I used to eat a lot of beans, tofu, tempeh, almonds, etc.

Tbf I have only seen 1 - What The Health. It seemed to be mostly cherrypicked, skewed statements, and "gotcha journalism" imo, coming from a prior Vegan of 5 years.

I agreed with less red meat, and probably none at all, is good (duh), but when they said eating chicken is equivalent to smoking 5 packs of cigarettes, I about fell out of my chair. The way he would call large health orgs and ask some lowly secretary a very in-depth scientific question, using their non-response as evidence of a coverup, was just absurd. Maybe the other 2 docs are better, but that one we just thought was way off base and manipulative in many aspects.

That all said, there are obvious benefits to what you're doing and am not disagreeing with that whatsoever.

What do you do for protein? I used to eat a lot of beans, tofu, tempeh, almonds, etc.

I get protein from almonds, organic peanut butter, chickpeas, broccoli, kale, chia seeds, beans, potatoes. Its surprising how many foods contain protein. Watch some of the other documentaries, they are really informative. Game changers is really good for athletes and weight lifters. Forks over Knives is probably my favorite.

Reactions: Devo182
I'm almost 55. The way mine is going right now, I'll probably be working until I'm 90.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I get protein from almonds, organic peanut butter, chickpeas, broccoli, kale, chia seeds, beans, potatoes. Its surprising how many foods contain protein. Watch some of the other documentaries, they are really informative. Game changers is really good for athletes and weight lifters. Forks over Knives is probably my favorite.
What the tofu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back