Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care for tofu. Only tried it once, and wasn't impressed. Just seemed to much like a "filler" to me.
Really all about what you cook it in. It's really tasteless, but soaks up whatever it sits in.

Gotta go firm or extra firm too. Get all the water out of it. Bake it with some olive oil too to make it crispy.

My old method was soaking it in soy or teriyaki and baking with OO on top. It was really good.

Generally true, I would just add it is a spectrum. No need for anyone to ever be all in or out of equities. The question is just how much to push into more conservative securities - bonds, money market, etc and it should generally be higher the closer to retirement you are.
This current market bounce has been easy to predict. It will probably top out once the virus numbers are obviously on the back side of the curve and the people are allowed to go back to work. But the market will end up re-testing its recent lows once the job losses, earnings reports, and bankruptcies start rolling in and everyone realizes the real damage that has been done to the economy. IMO the market will make new lows before it really returns to a new bull market at best in about 2 years.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
This current market bounce has been easy to predict. It will probably top out once the virus numbers are obviously on the back side of the curve and the people are allowed to go back to work. But the market will end up re-testing its recent lows once the job losses, earnings reports, and bankruptcies start rolling in and everyone realizes the real damage that has been done to the economy. IMO the market will make new lows before it really returns to a new bull market at best in about 2 years.
Yeah I think there are many more uncertantities ahead than some are considering. @JacketVol pointed out just 1 industry that has a lot of unknowns going forward. I'm sure there are many more industries that are similar. It just means a lot of volatility and a trap for people trying to time the market. Hopefully the econ package does its job to props up the economy through this year and we avoid recession. That is goal #1.

92290629_1479545645559711_2671793301077622784_o.jpg

Yeah I think there are many more uncertantities ahead than some are considering. @JacketVol pointed out just 1 industry that has a lot of unknowns going forward. I'm sure there are many more industries that are similar. It just means a lot of volatility and a trap for people trying to time the market. Hopefully the econ package does its job to props up the economy through this year and we avoid recession. That is goal #1.
I believe it will be after a vaccine is available before we truly begin to return to a normal economy. Planes will still be 1/2 full, events will be 1/2 full, normal international travel is a long way off. This will continue to hurt the oil industry, travel industry, and many others. Just count up the jobs on those industries where it may be 2 to 3 years before they return to pre-virus status. And this doesn't even include all the US companies that are really global companies. How long do you think it will take Europe to return to normal?

I believe it will be after a vaccine is available before we truly begin to return to a normal economy. Planes will still be 1/2 full, events will be 1/2 full, normal international travel is a long way off. This will continue to hurt the oil industry, travel industry, and many others. Just count up the jobs on those industries where it may be 2 to 3 years before they return to pre-virus status. And this doesn't even include all the US companies that are really global companies. How long do you think it will take Europe to return to normal?
I think you underestimate the economy.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2002387

In case anyone was wondering where the President got his bad flu comment from. Dr. Fauci himself wrote this 2-28 and it was published late March. Makes you think.
Makes you think what ?
And your point is what?
Not trying to be a smart-arse but what's the point in continuing to dredge up who said what when. Maybe I should go get my mask and put it on if we continue to post a lot of this stuff just to feel better about not catching the virus thru my screen.......

Stoerner..

But I mean why do people say that they do not belong in the SEC? Arkansas is more southern than these cockeyed Kentuckians. My brother lived there a while, and we still have friends and family in Ft Smith. It feels just as southern as Tennessee to me. If anything..they should have never been in the SWC or Big 12. They definitely have more in common with the other southern states than they do Texas, Okie, Nebraska and Kansas.
I more say it because my friends (who are all AR fans of course) are so delusional concerning the success of their football program. Geographically and culturally, they fit. But when compared to UT they are no where close to in the same league. Top down. Fair weather fans. Gameday experience is nowhere close to the same. Stadium is nice, but not intimidating like Neyland or other 100,000+ stadiums or ever as loud as a Death Valley.

We are in the top tier of not just the SEC but CFB. Sure, Arkansas is an SEC school, they fit, but Tier B! And since I’m in NWA and my friends rag on me about UT, I feel obligated to trash them. Gotta hold up my end!

Aren’t you pretty young? I’m not a finance guy, so probably shouldn’t give advice. But anyone under 50-55 is in it for the long haul. Even at 55, you are still in it for probably at least 10 more years.
I will be 44 next week. My goal is to retire somewhere around 61 to 62. I have a financial advisor and he has been telling me to be patient and leave it alone. I have done that. JacketVol’s comment about being worse than the recession spooked me a little.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back