Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not sure if y'all are like me or not, but I can tell you exactly where and what I was doing for every memorable game we've had since about 1988 when I was 7 years old.

• '89 UCLA: in the bonus room with my dad listening to John Ward
  • '91 Florida: at the hospital with my granddad in ICU
  • '91 Notre Dame: in the bonus room with my dad with the TV muted and listening to John Ward (Sense a pattern? My dad and I got banished many times because of our wailing and gnashing of teeth.)
  • '95 Bama: on a hay ride on the above play
  • '98 Syracuse: mowing lawns with the radio on listening to John Ward
  • '98 Arkansas: on the way back from Knoxville on a youth trip in an argument with my then girlfriend, now wife
  • '98 NC game: at the future in-law's house where my future father-in-law had to drive me home because of the snow
  • '02 SC: in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge on cloud 9 after proposing to my wife at Grotto Falls that morning
  • '08 Georgia: at the hospital with my granddad-in-law (he would pass 3 weeks later)
  • '01 Florida: at home and shooting off fireworks after we won
  • '16 Georgia: at home yelling "suck it Georgia" in front of my 6 year old (great parenting award there)

I could go on an on. Not sure if this is just a knack, or if it's a common condition of bleeding orange.

I’m at work now. I hope y’all post all the moments from Tennessee history that stands out to you. I’m tired of viruses. Sports has always been my distraction from every day life.

The last couple of minutes of the Miracle at South Bend. If already posted, oh well. Everyone can watch again.

The Blocked Kick

I'm not sure if y'all are like me or not, but I can tell you exactly where and what I was doing for every memorable game we've had since about 1988 when I was 7 years old.

• '89 UCLA: in the bonus room with my dad listening to John Ward
  • '91 Florida: at the hospital with my granddad in ICU
  • '91 Notre Dame: in the bonus room with my dad with the TV muted and listening to John Ward (Sense a pattern? My dad and I got banished many times because of our wailing and gnashing of teeth.)
  • '95 Bama: on a hay ride on the above play
  • '98 Syracuse: mowing lawns with the radio on listening to John Ward
  • '98 Arkansas: on the way back from Knoxville on a youth trip in an argument with my then girlfriend, now wife
  • '98 NC game: at the future in-law's house where my future father-in-law had to drive me home because of the snow
  • '02 SC: in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge on cloud 9 after proposing to my wife at Grotto Falls that morning
  • '08 Georgia: at the hospital with my granddad-in-law (he would pass 3 weeks later)
  • '01 Florida: at home and shooting off fireworks after we won
  • '16 Georgia: at home yelling "suck it Georgia" in front of my 6 year old (great parenting award there)

I could go on an on. Not sure if this is just a knack, or if it's a common condition of bleeding orange.
Special request guys.

Who can find a video of the Joey Kent - Peyton REUNION TD pass from 18 or 19?

it means less than nothing in april, but did anyone else realize we have the #2 2021 class in the SEC right now? 13th nationally.

i think this class will end up being pretty solid, but i'm a little surprised at the other big schools' relatively slow starts? weird.
Our current blue chip ratio is not good, but half our class is awaiting bumps in their ratings.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Not sure why people saying that mitigation is working are negative. I’m one of the most positive people around, and I have said before that I hate to think what would have happened in my industry if the courts weren’t limited on March 13. They have announced that 14 more Shelby County Sheriffs employees and one inmate tested positive, and that was yesterday.

Apparently that some are getting on your nerves enough that you hate them. We all have two common goals- to get this behind us and to see the Vols play again. Doesn’t have to be a fight about it.

One would have to be an idiot to think it doesn’t play a part. However, ignoring things such as 11 million possibly already having it and saying only mitigation works is troublesome. Why is that? Because if the economy goes into a depression, it will cause even more loss of lives than 82,000. Also, if that is all that works then no sports with fans till a vaccine. Life is more important than sports AND entertainment. But we are not talking one million dying and never where. Go look at Bearded Vol for the perfect example.

I’m done with all the negative crap and the great dr F on feb 28th wrote a piece in the New England Journal of Medicine that it was a bad flu and would have a mortality rate of .1. This is deeper than a virus they didn’t know about. I’ll leave it at that.

Interesting notes on Worldometer, especially to you all wanting to estimate the actual cases vs reported, at least in the US. I'd say 1 in 10 is a positive, re: death rate:

A study by disease modelers at the University of Texas at Austin states that "Given the low testing rates throughout the country, we assume that 1 in 10 cases are tested and reported. If a county has detected only 1 case of COVID-19, there is a 51%
chance that there is already a growing outbreak underway

On the other hand, a note on undercounting deaths in the U.S. as well:
An estimated additional 180 - 195 deaths per day occurring at home in New York City due to COVID-19 are not being counted in the official figures. "Early on in this crisis we were able to swab people who died at home, and thus got a coronavirus reading. But those days are long gone. We simply don't have the testing capacity for the large numbers dying at home. Now only those few who had a test confirmation *before* dying are marked as victims of coronavirus on their death certificate. This almost certainly means we are undercounting the total number of victims of this pandemic," said Mark Levine, Chair of New York City Council health committee [source]

One would have to be an idiot to think it doesn’t play a part. However, ignoring things such as 11 million possibly already having it and saying only mitigation works is troublesome. Why is that? Because if the economy goes into a depression, it will cause even more loss of lives than 82,000. Also, if that is all that works then no sports with fans till a vaccine. Life is more important than sports AND entertainment. But we are not talking one million dying and never where. Go look at Bearded Vol for the perfect example.

I’m done with all the negative crap and the great dr F on feb 28th wrote a piece in the New England Journal of Medicine that it was a bad flu and would have a mortality rate of .1. This is deeper than a virus they didn’t know about. I’ll leave it at that.

The economy has taken a hit, but a bunch of people will rebound with jobs. I ordered take out last night at a local restaurant. While it’s not ideal, they seem to be doing good business.

I think at some point, you are crying about the economic impact and being negative about it as much as you say the models were so negative. There is a middle ground to it all.

My income is effected, so you are preaching to the choir. But I can tell you that it would really be a problem if life had been on as usual the last 3 weeks.

The economy has taken a hit, but a bunch of people will rebound with jobs. I ordered take out last night at a local restaurant. While it’s not ideal, they seem to be doing good business.

I think at some point, you are crying about the economic impact and being negative about it as much as you say the models were so negative. There is a middle ground to it all.

My income is effected, so you are preaching to the choir. But I can tell you that it would really be a problem if life had been on as usual the last 3 weeks.

I see in finance what you see in law. I know it is a hugh issue with what Fannie, Freddie, Ginnie and HUD are asking of servicers. Won’t go into it but it will make 2008 look like child’s play globally. It is not based on a model but actual real world problems.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
A little off topic here but I got some encouraging news today. In Nov, I started a plant based diet. I have been on blood pressure med for about 3 years. About a month ago, I asked my dr to reduce my med. She did, and I have been doing fine. So today, the dr office called and said I can stop taking the med, and keep an eye on my bp level. It might seem like a small win to some, but to me it is huge. It hasn't been easy, but it's been worth it.

A little off topic here but I got some encouraging news today. In Nov, I started a plant based diet. I have been on blood pressure med for about 3 years. About a month ago, I asked my dr to reduce my med. She did, and I have been doing fine. So today, the dr office called and said I can stop taking the med, and keep an eye on my bp level. It might seem like a small win to some, but to me it is huge. It hasn't been easy, but it's been worth it.
That's awesome. Could you go a bit further into your BP diet? Is it vegan or just a minimal amount of animal products?

What was your diet like before starting this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back