Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s funny how in critical times, you see the best of people and the worst of people. For example, the tornado has brought out the absolute best except for a couple bad apples. By and large almost everyone I see is cautious and there is very little traffic is on the roads.

But the worst is the social media shaming. I’ve seen it a bunch (and even detected it a few times on here), but it’s now hit home. My wife buys me a Baskin-Robbins birthday cake (which was brought out to her car). She posts said birthday cake on IG since that’s the closest thing to a party I’ll have. Second comment is passively shaming her. Can’t I have a cake for my birthday without some jerk-wad taking offense? C’mon people. Have some common sense and think before you cast judgement. Let a man enjoy his mint chocolate chip and chocolate Easter egg birthday cake cause that’s pretty much it.

/rant
1586230556620.gif

Last edited:
Me and the wife went to Sam's in Hendersonville yesterday. They opened at 10 and we got there at 9:32. Line was about 1/4 mile by the time we parked and got in line. They had just received the largest order of tp they had gotten in a month per the mgr we spoke with but they were limiting it to 1cs per family. The only thing they didn't have that we wanted to restock on was hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes but we stocked up fairly well on everything else.

Got a text tonight from our church stating they are going to hold a "drive-in" Easter service. They have made it clear that everyone must stay in their car but I am sure there will be many passers-by get on social media and try to make some sort of hysterical big deal over it.

***POSITIVE SPORTING NEWS***

We are shaping up for what could be the most epic 6 months of sports we’ve ever seen or ever will see in our entire lives. We’re talking better redemption that UT beating Florida in the Swamp post 9-11.

Today, we have the PGA tour announcing new dates for the three American majors. The PGA Championship will be in August, the US Open in September, and the Masters in November. Then we have the Indy 500 in August. Then the Kentucky Derby in September. Add in the US Open in tennis as well as the French Open this fall. Baseball will be going with likely a shortened season. We will likely soon see announcements for the NBA playoffs as well as the NHL playoffs.

Add all that on top of football starting in August/September and we are shaping up for the most spectacular sporting time ever. Brace yoselves. It’s happening.

Tennessee has been clutch at the foul line down the stretch extending its lead to 80-73 with 10 seconds to play. Barnes yelling at his guys to not foul. Dayton misses 2 shots. Rebound Pons! This one belongs to the Vols

@volatil - our COVID-19 voice of the Vols.

Disappointed that no one took on the Bert mantle. Needed a “MONEY!!” after each of your positive posts.

There is no doubt that the mitigation has saved lives and will continue to do so. Not sure why it's even a debate. What is actually being enforced in Tennessee? Not much, but a lot of people are cooperating.

Just sick and tired of all those who love to focus on negativity and never want to embrace anything positive and think you are a heretic for doing so.

It's obviously tighter there than outside, but folks are pretty close in cities too.

But whatever. I built a case as to why it's a problem if we don't mitigate, and why mitigating was apparent in the changes to the data, and why mitigating has greatly affected the outcome. If others want to build the case that none of this mattered and we just crapped away an entire year for no good reason, be my guest.

Why so obtuse? NO one said it didn't matter but if we don't get back in May, it will be putting the economy in a big crapper.

Holy crap, y’all. We play Georgia down in Athens the same weekend of the Masters. My sports dream would be to go down there to watch us beat them then make the trip down to Augusta to watch the Sunday action.

@Atlanta VOL you got me, right?
Never had the opportunity to go to Augusta but would absolutely love to go once before I am in a wheelchair!

What are the good and bad about the area within driving distance of Greeneville? As a place to live, not visit.
Personally, I wasn’t a very big fan of living there. There wasn’t much of anything to do. There’s not many good restaurants (in b4 Applebees). A large part of the population is uneducated white trash (as I was told numerous times from other people attending the college). I am from East Tennessee, so this did not bother me as much as it did others. Positives are: the mountains are very close, Knoxville is an hour and fifteen minutes away, Johnson city is about 30 minutes away. There’s a lot of history within the town if you are into that.

Fine, what happened to all of the heart attacks?

That wasn't on the page, but according to one of the CDC sheets, overall deaths are significantly down.

Now, that could be partially due to limited movement around the country, but I've got to imagine a lot of that is because of incomplete numbers.

There's a reason flu data usually takes a couple of years to finalize. This is all preliminary, and it's going to take a while.

***POSITIVE SPORTING NEWS***

We are shaping up for what could be the most epic 6 months of sports we’ve ever seen or ever will see in our entire lives. We’re talking better redemption that UT beating Florida in the Swamp post 9-11.

Today, we have the PGA tour announcing new dates for the three American majors. The PGA Championship will be in August, the US Open in September, and the Masters in November. Then we have the Indy 500 in August. Then the Kentucky Derby in September. Add in the US Open in tennis as well as the French Open this fall. Baseball will be going with likely a shortened season. We will likely soon see announcements for the NBA playoffs as well as the NHL playoffs.

Add all that on top of football starting in August/September and we are shaping up for the most spectacular sporting time ever. Brace yoselves. It’s happening.

I’ve already been brewing up all the ways I can sell my wife on how I really need to squeeze in at least half again as many Dodgers games as I typically see in a season, all into whatever shortened year we end up with. I mean really, if I don’t then the virus has won.

Which reminds me, I have a half dozen tickets for weekend after next that I got from stubhub (fam was gonna visit). It’s guaranteed so there’s no problem getting refunds but they offer the option of stubhub credit for 120% of the value.

I’m thinking I take that and buy even better 4 seats for a May or June game, which probably won’t happen. If it does, yay, I’m in the ballpark. If not, I take my 120% and step up again for a July game. I either end up with sweet seats in July or August or September, or worse comes to worst, I’m sporting a Power T hat in the front row behind the batter throwing Volsign at all you bastards next spring.

Or I’m dead from the Rona. Have to throw that in so the Fates don’t think I’m too uppity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back