Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tennessee has been clutch at the foul line down the stretch extending its lead to 80-73 with 10 seconds to play. Barnes yelling at his guys to not foul. Dayton misses 2 shots. Rebound Pons! This one belongs to the Vols
source.gif

Hey friend

I’m up and down. Been really sedentary today, just resting a lot. Mother in law seems to be about the same but she ha something from the doctor she’s taking now

I really don’t think it’s Covid-19, but who knows? It seems to be some other virus, but how any virus got to me with our precautions is pretty wild.
Thanks!

I was very skeptical of mine, simply because of location. One of the least hit areas anywhere around.
Given your location, are any of you getting the test?
Worst part, this stupid strain is making us forget how completely crappy some of the others can be.

Take care and hope it clears soon, regardless of the source.

Just sick and tired of all those who love to focus on negativity and never want to embrace anything positive and think you are a heretic for doing so.

Not sure why people saying that mitigation is working are negative. I’m one of the most positive people around, and I have said before that I hate to think what would have happened in my industry if the courts weren’t limited on March 13. They have announced that 14 more Shelby County Sheriffs employees and one inmate tested positive, and that was yesterday.

Apparently that some are getting on your nerves enough that you hate them. We all have two common goals- to get this behind us and to see the Vols play again. Doesn’t have to be a fight about it.

It's obviously tighter there than outside, but folks are pretty close in cities too.

But whatever. I built a case as to why it's a problem if we don't mitigate, and why mitigating was apparent in the changes to the data, and why mitigating has greatly affected the outcome. If others want to build the case that none of this mattered and we just crapped away an entire year for no good reason, be my guest.

I'll say my peace, there's no point in arguing, no one will change their mind. I never looked at any models because despite possible good intentions, they were gonna go "worst case scenario" and be used like they have on VN, to declare the entire thing a less than a big deal. Of course the models were going with worst case, it's the most prudent way to get the action needed.

We all knew what the reaction here would be if it worked and that's fine.
Really don't care if the efforts are appreciated or not, they helped, tremendously. It doesn't get any more basic than - cut the food supply, starve it to death. It's literally the most basic and proven of almost anything.

The quicker the isolation, the better the results. Exactly how it happened in US cities, exactly how it's worked across the globe.
If that's seen as a coincidence, 🤷‍♂️ cool. Don't need the actions to be appreciated, just need them to work.

So far, they seem to be and that's all that really matters.

As a guy who lived in that state for dozen years back when they were in the Southwest Conference - 100% agree.
I enjoy the Ark games. All way back to Cotton Bowl. However, there are other teams than TAMU & Misery that belong. Namely Ga Tech or UCF, yes. Id pay 2X's the admission to see a UCF/TN game over those **** games in 10 pm cold of night in Columbia.

Even Braj say it makes no sense. Its worst game of year.

Just sick and tired of all those who love to focus on negativity and never want to embrace anything positive and think you are a heretic for doing so.

I sincerely hope you aren't talking about me. The entire point of the discussion was on how mitigation was working really well. That's great news. Tennessee is doing very well in spite of having a not-so-great start, much better than many other states. That's great news. There are some legitimate treatment options coming. That's great news.

If you think the only good news is the virus wasn't as bad as we thought, then maybe none of what I said was good news to you. I personally believe the virus is just as bad as we thought, but we have shown that we can overcome it. If it makes you feel better to believe that it simply wasn't very bad to start with, then more power to you.

I am absolutely not a negative person, but I value understanding the truth of the situation above a false positivity. Not to beat the engineer thing to death, but seeing the most accurate truth is life-and-death critical for what I do vocationally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back