Automobilia etc....

Yank and Berry - either of you need a Noah car cover? I have one I bought for my 17 convertible and never used; no longer have the car. Gonna put it up on the mustang 6g forum but thought I'd check with you guys first.

can't remember if it's a covercraft but I know it's the Noah fabric.

Not surprised it didn't last. It was a stock '17 GT with 2,710 miles for $24,614.

C7 z06s are getting more and more affordable 🤔

The C6 prices have dropped significantly. 28k to 30k. C5s are les than 15k and some drop to 10k or less. There's a lot you can do with a C5 on a budget. If it's a high mileage car, you can pull the 5.7 and drop in a gen III 6.0, bored and stroked you're @ 408 ci. With the right cam, head work and set up, 600 HP as NA is possible.

That's almost double the factory specs.

You went to the dark side?
I’m kind of a Honda fanboy (I want a Type-R) and I’ve had an Si before (‘07 Sedan). I mean I had an ‘07 Si, a ‘07 Repsol CBR 1000 and a Honda lawnmower at one point 🤣. Our other vehicle is a ‘14 Ridgeline Sport.

I want a Mustang again, and would have bought the ‘17 had it not been sold the day before I went to look.

The Si makes more sense family and travel wise (100+ miles, 4 days a week for FedEx).

I still get a fun 6 speed and the kids won’t have to crawl in and out (mainly I just didn’t want to have to constantly move the seats).

What’s funny is I saw a YouTube video “comparing” the Type-R and a Mustang. Why can’t people just like both?

Reactions: 1972 Grad
I drive a gs460. I love making V6 stangs and challenger owners wish they had sprung for the V8 option. All smiles.

I bought a 2013 Prius V a couple of weeks ago. It’s slow, sort of ugly and not as content rich as I’d hoped it would be. But, when I look at my IP and see a 50+ mpg average. I feel a little better about my purchase.

I did the same thing not long ago. Friends were telling me how I'd regret it driving back and forth to work everyday, but I love it... especially on the backroads.
To me, there is nothing better driving wise than a MT (especially a Honda*).

I test drove a '19 Mustang GT (and they REALLY wanted me to buy it), and while enjoyable, it just wasn't the same. Granted my first MT was my '07 Si, so I may be slightly biased (though I did own a '96 Cobra for a bit).

I've had mustangs too, but there's something about winding out a little manual Honda... it's just fun

It's not the same with the 1.5T now, but still fun.
I have always found that lightweight cars are more fun to toss around than heavy ones. V8 power and torque are nice, but it's more fun to drive a slow car fast, than to drive a fast car slow. I owned 3 German made Opels in the 1970's with less than 100 horsepower and about 2200 pounds. They were as much fun to drive as any one of the 100+ cars that I have owned. Ditto an early stick shift Scion Xb clown car.

Reactions: YankeeVol
I have always found that lightweight cars are more fun to toss around than heavy ones. V8 power and torque are nice, but it's more fun to drive a slow car fast, than to drive a fast car slow. I owned 3 German made Opels in the 1970's with less than 100 horsepower and about 2200 pounds. They were as much fun to drive as any one of the 100+ cars that I have owned. Ditto an early stick shift Scion Xb clown car.

True of my Fiat 124 Spider. Always exciting to drive.

Reactions: knucklehead_vol

VN Store

Back