Automobilia etc....

I bought a 2013 Prius V a couple of weeks ago. It’s slow, sort of ugly and not as content rich as I’d hoped it would be. But, when I look at my IP and see a 50+ mpg average. I feel a little better about my purchase.
I’ve got two 4 runners, a 93 22re pickup and a 16 crew cab tundra but when I get behind the wheel of my 70 chevelle ss454 with tennessee orange stripes I smile cause I ain’t getting 50 mpg. The wife’s Avalon needs replacing and she wants to look at a Prius, she did sign the checks for the chevelle build but it’s killing me.

So, I've been tossing around the idea of getting a Tesla Model 3. It would be my work commute car, but it seems like it would be plenty quick for a little fun on the weekend. Anyone driven one or have other experience?

I stopped a guy at Walgreen's last weekend getting out of one, and he told me to get one and ask questions later. He loves his.

I'd probably go mid-level on the trim, dual motor with the middle battery. Trying to be reasonable with cost. I'll keep my Wrangler for family stuff and mud.

I’ve got two 4 runners, a 93 22re pickup and a 16 crew cab tundra but when I get behind the wheel of my 70 chevelle ss454 with tennessee orange stripes I smile cause I ain’t getting 50 mpg. The wife’s Avalon needs replacing and she wants to look at a Prius, she did sign the checks for the chevelle build but it’s killing me.
If the shape of the Prius gives you heartburn, Toyota has a hybrid version of just about any of their passenger car lineup and the Rav4 Hybrid is really nice. There’s also the Lexus hybrids.

Reactions: bag12day
So, I've been tossing around the idea of getting a Tesla Model 3. It would be my work commute car, but it seems like it would be plenty quick for a little fun on the weekend. Anyone driven one or have other experience?

I stopped a guy at Walgreen's last weekend getting out of one, and he told me to get one and ask questions later. He loves his.

I'd probably go mid-level on the trim, dual motor with the middle battery. Trying to be reasonable with cost. I'll keep my Wrangler for family stuff and mud.

Everyone I've talked to who has one loves it.

Mid-level is where I'd go.

If the shape of the Prius gives you heartburn, Toyota has a hybrid version of just about any of their passenger car lineup and the Rav4 Hybrid is really nice. There’s also the Lexus hybrids.
Yeah my mom has had the 17? Camry Hybrid... I Hate it as it starts on electric cause when I mash the gas I want to hear something happening even if its piped in noise. At least like the look of the Lexus hybrids but dang they are proud of them!

5b8884ba5aed6_willys_overland_jeep_truck_15343476456e7dff9f98764daWillys-1-940x602.jpg

This is more appealing to me than the new Gladiator. Great color scheme, too.

Anybody got the new 7.3 f250? Need to upgrade my truck so the wife and I can start exploring the midwest camping and stuff. I've been a gm guy forever but I cant justify shelling out the amount a diesel costs. Really like the idea of what the 7.3 is capable of towing but I'm always skeptical of first year anything.

Edit: Not trying to detract from the thread, although the new Ford Tremors are sharp.

Last edited:
Anybody got the new 7.3 f250? Need to upgrade my truck so the wife and I can start exploring the midwest camping and stuff. I've been a gm guy forever but I cant justify shelling out the amount a diesel costs. Really like the idea of what the 7.3 is capable of towing but I'm always skeptical of first year anything.

Edit: Not trying to detract from the thread, although the new Ford Tremors are sharp.

What do you have now?

Why not look at a diesel?

I love the idea of a diesel but realistically I won't tow near frequent enough to make it worth it. I live close to where I work so it'll only get it's legs stretched a few times a month, seems like a gas would handle that better. The 7.3 Ford has paired with a 10 speed trans seems like a good compromise as it would handle the mountains better than the previous smaller gas motors and it's cheaper than its diesel counterpart albeit not as capable towing. Looked at used diesels and every one I've seen has been tuned/modded so who knows what they've been through. That's my thought process anyway.haha

Thoughts on BMWs?

2020 Z4 Roadster, or X6 are two models I like.

Thinking about a peppy ride.
If the price works out, I'll be buying an X6 next week. I've always liked the style of the vehicle. I like the xdrive over the s.
I'm not a fan of the updated look BMW took the 2020 version. Specifically the rear end. The second gen looks cleaner to me.

If the price works out, I'll be buying an X6 next week. I've always liked the style of the vehicle. I like the xdrive over the s.
I'm not a fan of the updated look BMW took the 2020 version. Specifically the rear end. The second gen looks cleaner to me.

good luck - post pics of the new ride.

Reactions: McDad
I've owned more than 10; maybe more than 15 BMWs from an 1987 - 2016. Always engaging to drive. One of the few RWD vehicles you can still find.
This is also what makes their X drive system unique. Most all wheel drive systems are predominantly front wheel drive and add power to the rear wheels in times of need. BMW is predominantly rear wheel drive and adds power to front wheels in times of need. So you can still get that rear wheel drive experience but have the added safety if the conditions warrant four wheel drive.

Reactions: volinbham

VN Store

Back