Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maurer clearly doesn’t have the mental part of playing p5 qb down yet and he’s way to thin / fragile. Desperately needed to rs this season. He has some talent and may get there eventually if he puts in the work

Maurer clearly doesn’t have the mental part of playing p5 qb down yet and he’s way to thin / fragile. Desperately needed to rs this season. He has some talent and may get there eventually if he puts in the work

How does he not have the mental part down? He ran the offense very well for a freshman that was thrown in to the wolves.

This is 100% correct.

It’s truly bizarre. I know there’s more to playing qb than just throwing the football. Gotta set protections and check to better run plays, etc, etc. But it’s still a huge part of playing qb, and Pruitt has no problem letting Guarantano throw bad interceptions, bad red zone picks, even bad pick 6s. But let Shrout or Maurer even throw across their bodies or into double coverage, which DONT result in interceptions, and he’ll immediately give that as the reason why he pulled them or why he doesn’t play them. It’s beyond ridiculous at this point.

Look at last night. JG throws an ill-advised pick when he’s being pressured and it directly led to Indiana’s first points. Then, on our first possession of the 3rd quarter, he throws the awful pick 6 which gives Indiana the lead. He pulls Guarantano and puts Maurer in, who quickly makes a couple of plays and immediately gives the team energy, leads the offense to 3 badly needed points, stops the bleeding that Guarantano single handedly caused, and what does Pruitt do....he immediately pulls Maurer out and puts the problem back in. If I were Maurer or Shrout I’d transfer today and if I were Bailey I’d have serious doubts that I’d get a fair shake to compete for the job next year

Maurer can be good but honestly he threw about 4 balls last night on that one drive that should have been picked.

How does he not have the mental part down? He ran the offense very well for a freshman that was thrown in to the wolves.
I think you share my opinion as he was a freshman thrown to the wolves. I’m no qb savant, but what I saw from BM this year was a guy who made his plays running with the ball or scrambling out of the pocket to find receivers who had broken off their routes. Without any stats to back it up, my impression was he struggled to stay in the pocket and make the correct reads on where to throw the fb. That’s what I view as the mental part of playing qb. JMO

I think you share my opinion as he was a freshman thrown to the wolves. I’m no qb savant, but what I saw from BM this year was a guy who made his plays running with the ball or scrambling out of the pocket to find receivers who had broken off their routes. Without any stats to back it up, my impression was he struggled to stay in the pocket and make the correct reads on where to throw the fb. That’s what I view as the mental part of playing qb. JMO

Fair enough. I just see who makes plays, I don't care where they are on the field when they do it.

Reactions: KBVol
Fair enough. I just see who makes plays, I don't care where they are on the field when they do it.
Understand completely, but the coach’s expectations are for the players to execute as they are taught in practice. Johnny Manzell was a highly successful college qb who was winging it most of the time. Not sure that CJP or CJC would go with that style of play. Now if BM makes the correct reads and nothing’s there then he improvises he could do really well. JMO

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I love it when every thread I click on is a bunch of people complaining about JG. Hey Frank can we get a vent about JG forum with multiple threads saying the same exact things?

And bring the ban hammer on venting about JG anywhere but in that very specific forum.

I love it when every thread I click on is a bunch of people complaining about JG. Hey Frank can we get a vent about JG forum with multiple threads saying the same exact things?
And bring the ban hammer on venting about JG anywhere but in that very specific forum.
JG sucks about as much as you two complaining about the complaining about JG.

don't @me.

Yeah.... and you're ugly.
source.gif

They pulled JG for a series for him to get his head right. I think all the QBs knew what was happening. I fully expect Bailey to take the job week 1 and never look back.
Maybe not week 1. But sometime during the first 5 games Pruitt will want the next level QB taking snaps.

Reactions: SugarCC
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back