'20 AL ATH Damarcus "Dee" Beckwith (Tennessee signee)

I don't know if he is overrated or not, but I do think Beckwith has a much higher ceiling. I didn't really care THAT much about DW coming to UT or not, but I am really going to be upset if we can't land Beckwith....not mad..just upset. That dude could be a great playmaking TE from anywhere on the field...not just the RZ.
it's a position of need.

as evidenced by what, 4, 5 RZ trips with 2 scores?

Ah, the old “we didn’t want him anyway” approach. Well played.

There is room for saying you want a guy because he is clearly talented *and* you may think it isn't a major loss because he may not fit the team or culture. They aren't mutually exclusive. I certainly would have loved DW, but there are aspects of him that soften the loss. I won't state them, specifically because people immediately call it out (like you are doing), but honestly, I'm not that concerned about losing him.

I assume we’re going for the weekend after Florida for our Official (last weekend I’m assuming)

I thought the same, but like scholarships I imagine you only get one and Football trumps basketball.
Yeah visits may have different rules though. I'm not sure. It's also possible that 247 is just wrong.

You gotta think they wont have room at Florida for him. Henderson just committed and they have picked up two transfer portal players in the last week.

They are at 25 now with Henderson and 3 transfer portal kids.

You gotta think they wont have room at Florida for him. Henderson just committed and they have picked up two transfer portal players in the last week.

They are at 25 now with Henderson and 3 transfer portal kids.
So how are they able to do that?

Reactions: quadlee21
So how are they able to do that?

They should be done at this point if Henderson is a qualifier. They should not be able to get anymore in unless they dont take the transfers.

They have 3 enrolled, 18 signed puts them at 21. 3 Portal kids and now Henderson should put them at 25 and done.

Reactions: quadlee21
I think the staff would’ve taken Washington and Beckwith (TE/ATH) or Beckwith and another WR (ATH/WR) or go out and get some graduate transfers. I know they still covet a field-type long/tall corner to develop. Maybe the Roche sweepstakes changes things as well.

KBV, I did not think we have ever had a player, at least in my lifetime, play an inning of FOOTBALL for the VOLS.

I laughed when I read this, sometimes the mind and the fingers are on two different wavelengths. HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR my VOL Nation friend.
Ha! Sounds like my 9 year old daughter. We were doing some Christmas shopping for mom and she picks up a sleeve of golf balls with a power T on them and says “look dad, it’s those hockey balls that you like!”
GBO!!

VN Store

Back