Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
People here shouldn’t take it as the gospel when he does. That’s just setting yourself up for disappointment.
You can only go by what you’re told. If the people believe what they’re telling you and they’re wrong then who’s to blame.
During Gruden 1 the money people absolutely believed that they were going to land Gruden. I have no idea what happened or why they thought that but I know for 100% that they believed it.
Looking back it made a lot of people look foolish. What I learned is the people who think they know may not know.
More recently I can tell you that very few people know what’s going on behind the scenes because CJP doesn’t allow leaks.

You can only go by what you’re told. If the people believe what they’re telling you and they’re wrong then who’s to blame.
During Gruden 1 the money people absolutely believed that they were going to land Gruden. I have no idea what happened or why they thought that but I know for 100% that they believed it.
Looking back it made a lot of people look foolish. What I learned is the people who think they know may not know.
More recently I can tell you that very few people know what’s going on behind the scenes because CJP doesn’t allow leaks.
I don’t want to sound like a prick but did you talk to the “ money people” during the coaching search or did you just hear that on here? Because gruden was never seriously coming here. People looked foolish on here because that never happened and they were told it did.

My edit: I come here for info and a good time like most of us. My point is that even connected people get bad info or get lied to. Or honestly things just change. I’m not blaming or saying AV isn’t the man. I’m just saying his info can be exciting but don’t be mad if it’s wrong sometimes.

Reactions: tn4elvis
I don’t want to sound like a prick but did you talk to the “ money people” during the coaching search or did you just hear that on here? Because gruden was never seriously coming here. People looked foolish on here because that never happened and they were told it did.

My edit: I come here for info and a good time like most of us. My point is that even connected people get bad info or get lied to. Or honestly things just change. I’m not blaming or saying AV isn’t the man. I’m just saying his info can be exciting but don’t be mad if it’s wrong sometimes.
Recruiting is not for the faint at heart.Kids make and change their minds on a whim.Who would have thought Ugas day care could have gotten DW to go to Uga.

He said that some were saying it was real and others saying it was bs. He chooses to be optimistic and I doubt that ever changes. Which is why I take the predictions with a grain of salt.

Believed others too much, a lot like he does with recruits. Shoulda stuck with his own info instead. His original comment on Gruden.

Screenshot_20191226-091802_Chrome.jpg

Yup
Nobody I know works for or worked for the university. I’m poor. But I have family that’s not and are boosters. I also do work for another booster from time to time. I posted some of the stuff I heard during Gruden 1. I was clear that it was all second hand though. I didn’t post much of it but I promise you, people way up the line thought that they could land G. They were convinced it was happening. I’ve heard several stories as to why it didn’t happen. I have no idea why they thought it was real, but they did. It’s clear after the fact he was never coming. They were not buying it Gruden 2.

Reactions: InVOLuntary

Well, AV sure comes on here and touts himself as “the man” with supposed insider information, whether you or anybody else believes he is or not.....yet, he’s consistently wrong despite clearly saying that he’s virtually handing the player and his family the bag of money and Knoxville jobs himself. I know you guys like him, I mean really, really like the guy, and I understand that he’s a good guy. But come on now, he’s clearly not “the man” when it comes to recruiting information.

Well, AV sure comes on here and touts himself as “the man” with supposed insider information, whether you or anybody else believes he is or not.....yet, he’s consistently wrong despite clearly saying that he’s virtually handing the player and his family the bag of money and Knoxville jobs himself. I know you guys like him, I mean really, really like the guy, and I understand that he’s a good guy. But come on now, he’s clearly not “the man” when it comes to recruiting information.

How many misses can you name?

Yup
Nobody I know works for or worked for the university. I’m poor. But I have family that’s not and are boosters. I also do work for another booster from time to time. I posted some of the stuff I heard during Gruden 1. I was clear that it was all second hand though. I didn’t post much of it but I promise you, people way up the line thought that they could land G. They were convinced it was happening. I’ve heard several stories as to why it didn’t happen. I have no idea why they thought it was real, but they did. It’s clear after the fact he was never coming. They were not buying it Gruden 2.
Brother I wasn’t implying anything about money so I hope you didn’t take it that way. Also I’ve learned the hard way being rich has little to do with money. I only asked because I talked to a gentlemen on the board and also had clients that are some of “ the money guys” and gruden loves Tennessee but it never left the conversation of he loves the place but was very happy with his current gig. Obviously he ended up getting back into coaching but college ball wasn’t happening. He was making a ton on Monday night football and apparently gets a ton from the madden video games.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Need recommendations on a good Ford dealership to do service/mechanic work. In Knoxville/Oak Ridge area.

I have a garage I normally use, but they are a tad too pricey for some of the bigger repairs. Mainly because they are a 3rd party so they give no "savings" on parts and charge higher hourly rates due to them working on such a wide variety of cars. Good shop, honest and do good work....but on certain jobs not worth the marked up price unfortunately.

I need to have an ABS Unit/module replaced on a Ford Escape. The part is only available directly from Ford so that's why I'm looking for an actual dealership with a good service department to handle it.
Ted Russell is owned by a local family that are huge vol supporters.

Brother I wasn’t implying anything about money so I hope you didn’t take it that way. Also I’ve learned the hard way being rich has little to do with money. I only asked because I talked to a gentlemen on the board and also had clients that are some of “ the money guys” and gruden loves Tennessee but it never left the conversation of he loves the place but was very happy with his current gig. Obviously he ended up getting back into coaching but college ball wasn’t happening. He was making a ton on Monday night football and apparently gets a ton from the madden video games.
No. I didn’t think anything negative.
We’re good

Yup

I am convinced that Gruden was seriously leading people to believe he was considering it the first time. Legit reporting from sources on what unfolded.

The second time was fun, and obviously people were stoking the fire. In hindsight, I think some might have had some ulterior motives, and it had to do with the administration. Don’t know if it truly helped oust Currie or not. But Currie was absolutely dumb for letting the Gruden talk go on and using it as a “smokescreen.” Terrible PR.

I am convinced that Gruden was seriously leading people to believe he was considering it the first time. Legit reporting from sources on what unfolded.

The second time was fun, and obviously people were stoking the fire. In hindsight, I think some might have had some ulterior motives, and it had to do with the administration. Don’t know if it truly helped oust Currie or not. But Currie was absolutely dumb for letting the Gruden talk go on and using it as a “smokescreen.” Terrible PR.
I think he likes Tennessee football, but he has never considered being our head coach. He has been a NFL guy for years and years. I was surprised he left the TV booth and went back to the NFL. However, he did sign foe a boat load of $$$$$.

If Maurer or Shrout could have played well when given opportunities then JG wouldn’t have played the last half of the season. None of the qb’s this season performed consistently well. Lots of teams are in this same boat and we will still be looking for a consistent performing qb next season
The best half of QB play all year long was Maurer vs the best defense we played all year, Georgia. Obviously, Georgia made halftime adjustments and Brian didn’t finish the game due to a blindside hit which resulted in his first concussion.

Also, Shrout every bit as well as, I’d say even better than Guarantano vs SCar although not getting as much opportunities.

For some reason, I assume because of Guarantano having a better knowledge of protections and checks, he ALWAYS got the benefit of the doubt from the coaches and a much, much longer leash.

We know exactly what Guarantano is at this point....an inconsistent, emotional head case that has bad instincts and puts our offense at a disadvantage with his up and down play. I’m very eager to see Maurer and Shrout after another off season and spring practice under Chaney. They surely can surpass Guarantano, and if they can’t, they should strongly consider quitting football.

I think he likes Tennessee football, but he has never considered being our head coach. He has been a NFL guy for years and years. I was surprised he left the TV booth and went back to the NFL. However, he did sign foe a boat load of $$$$$.

The Stephen Hargis information confirmed he was looking into it and considering it. How serious? I don’t know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back