Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
funny-gif-japanese-girl-transforms-monster.gif

Need recommendations on a good Ford dealership to do service/mechanic work. In Knoxville/Oak Ridge area.

I have a garage I normally use, but they are a tad too pricey for some of the bigger repairs. Mainly because they are a 3rd party so they give no "savings" on parts and charge higher hourly rates due to them working on such a wide variety of cars. Good shop, honest and do good work....but on certain jobs not worth the marked up price unfortunately.

I need to have an ABS Unit/module replaced on a Ford Escape. The part is only available directly from Ford so that's why I'm looking for an actual dealership with a good service department to handle it.

it's a position of need.

as evidenced by what, 4, 5 RZ trips with 2 scores?
That is all..ALL..on JG...dude was beyond putrid in the RZ..the guys could not even get close to making plays on the ball because he was throwing it all over the place...it was crazy how bad he was with all those passes in the RZ....literally ALL..of them

That is all..ALL..on JG...dude was beyond putrid in the RZ..the guys could not even get close to making plays on the ball because he was throwing it all over the place...it was crazy how bad he was with all those passes in the RZ....literally ALL..of them

he was throwing high, heat seeking missiles which were not even close. We could have easily won by 17.

it's a position of need.

as evidenced by what, 4, 5 RZ trips with 2 scores?
Much bigger position of need is QB. We could’ve had John Mackey, Kellen Winslow, Ozzie Newsome, Dave Casper, Antonio Gates, Tony Gonzalez and Rob Gronkowski on the roster last night and it wouldn’t have mattered. Guarantano couldn’t hit the broad side of a freaking barn in the red zone last night, even if he’d have had an 8 foot tight end playing.

Much bigger position of need is QB. We could’ve had John Mackey, Kellen Winslow, Ozzie Newsome, Dave Casper, Antonio Gates, Tony Gonzalez and Rob Gronkowski on the roster last night and it wouldn’t have mattered. Guarantano couldn’t hit the broad side of a freaking barn in the red zone last night, even if he’d have had an 8 foot tight end playing.
hard to argue.

This is 100% correct. He had guys running open all night last night but he was both late and inaccurate all game. The ONLY reason we didn’t win that game in a blowout last night is because of Jarrett Guarantano.

Pru seems concerned about INTs on reckless passes by Maurer and Strout. Gator Bowl being an exception, and he was lucky there weren't more, JG has not had that many. Given JG's inconsistent play, have to wonder if Coach should have given one of the other guys an entire game.

Pru seems concerned about INTs on reckless passes by Maurer and Strout. Gator Bowl being an exception, and he was lucky there weren't more, JG has not had that many. Given JG's inconsistent play, have to wonder if Coach should have given one of the other guys an entire game.
This is 100% correct.

It’s truly bizarre. I know there’s more to playing qb than just throwing the football. Gotta set protections and check to better run plays, etc, etc. But it’s still a huge part of playing qb, and Pruitt has no problem letting Guarantano throw bad interceptions, bad red zone picks, even bad pick 6s. But let Shrout or Maurer even throw across their bodies or into double coverage, which DONT result in interceptions, and he’ll immediately give that as the reason why he pulled them or why he doesn’t play them. It’s beyond ridiculous at this point.

Look at last night. JG throws an ill-advised pick when he’s being pressured and it directly led to Indiana’s first points. Then, on our first possession of the 3rd quarter, he throws the awful pick 6 which gives Indiana the lead. He pulls Guarantano and puts Maurer in, who quickly makes a couple of plays and immediately gives the team energy, leads the offense to 3 badly needed points, stops the bleeding that Guarantano single handedly caused, and what does Pruitt do....he immediately pulls Maurer out and puts the problem back in. If I were Maurer or Shrout I’d transfer today and if I were Bailey I’d have serious doubts that I’d get a fair shake to compete for the job next year

This is 100% correct. He had guys running open all night last night but he was both late and inaccurate all game. The ONLY reason we didn’t win that game in a blowout last night is because of Jarrett Guarantano.

I agree, and I hate that for JG. By all indications he is a good young man. He has given everything he has into the team.

There is a reason that LSU and Clemson are playing in the NC game.

This is 100% correct.

It’s truly bizarre. I know there’s more to playing qb than just throwing the football. Gotta set protections and check to better run plays, etc, etc. But it’s still a huge part of playing qb, and Pruitt has no problem letting Guarantano throw bad interceptions, bad red zone picks, even bad pick 6s. But let Shrout or Maurer even throw across their bodies or into double coverage, which DONT result in interceptions, and he’ll immediately give that as the reason why he pulled them or why he doesn’t play them. It’s beyond ridiculous at this point.

Look at last night. JG throws an ill-advised pick when he’s being pressured and it directly led to Indiana’s first points. Then, on our first possession of the 3rd quarter, he throws the awful pick 6 which gives Indiana the lead. He pulls Guarantano and puts Maurer in, who quickly makes a couple of plays and immediately gives the team energy, leads the offense to 3 badly needed points, stops the bleeding that Guarantano single handedly caused, and what does Pruitt do....he immediately pulls Maurer out and puts the problem back in. If I were Maurer or Shrout I’d transfer today and if I were Bailey I’d have serious doubts that I’d get a fair shake to compete for the job next year

They pulled JG for a series for him to get his head right. I think all the QBs knew what was happening. I fully expect Bailey to take the job week 1 and never look back.

They pulled JG for a series for him to get his head right. I think all the QBs knew what was happening. I fully expect Bailey to take the job week 1 and never look back.
We better pray that he does....or that Maurer or Shrout or Hill or a current walk-on or a kid that plays intramural flag football for Reece Hall 3East does. Anybody but Guarantano next year....anybody.

Reactions: CaliVol2009
And honestly, I understood what they were doing as well given how they’ve handled things all year long with the QB position. Just don’t agree with it.

Reactions: reVOLution33
If Maurer or Shrout could have played well when given opportunities then JG wouldn’t have played the last half of the season. None of the qb’s this season performed consistently well. Lots of teams are in this same boat and we will still be looking for a consistent performing qb next season

i think if Maurer could have just stayed healthy he would have taken the job over. It is what it is. If JG's head could catch up to Chaney's offense and the reads he would be just fine. Maybe another year under the same system will benefit him but Bailey has way better instincts and for that matter, so does Maurer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back