'20 TN DE Jay Hardy (Auburn commit)

Well, if I’m not as tired while I’m at work all of the time, then I think I can write pretty well at times.👍 I don’t know, but there are times I feel pretty rough when I’m working

Working the fries at Mickey D's during the lunch rush is brutal. We appreciate the fact that you use your breaks to keep us updated on all things Memphis Recruiting related.

Reactions: BillVol7
Why? Because he offended you by making a verbal to Auburn or because he's not a good prospect?

If he's a good player... swallow that pride. The Vols need him.

I am so offended.... and no, I just don’t see how you can lie to everyone to include the guys you are supposed to be playing with, and expect them to forgive you. Also, nothing in his comments shouts he wants to be here. I want players that want to wear Orange.

Reactions: UTSuave’
I am so offended.... and no, I just don’t see how you can lie to everyone to include the guys you are supposed to be playing with, and expect them to forgive you. Also, nothing in his comments shouts he wants to be here. I want players that want to wear Orange.
So unless the kid makes comments that YOU interpret to mean he wants to be a Vol... he can't be a good teammate?

I am going to guess that if he can help them win... the "guys" will take his apology.

I don't really understand his kneejerk commitment unless they set him up with a really good looking PRO or something a la Danny Ford in the day. But if the coaches who actually know the kid still feel like he would be a good addition to the team... you probably need to check your self.

Why? Because he offended you by making a verbal to Auburn or because he's not a good prospect?

If he's a good player... swallow that pride. The Vols need him.

Definitely said way more than that,all while trying to steal current committed recruits by negative recruiting against UT.none the less 4⭐️ In state prospect in a position of need....Sign him.essskit🤘🏽

1575325442751.gif

I’d treat this Hardy situation like this... keep recruiting him if we have a spot available but don’t hold a spot for him and lose out on anyone else. That way if he ends up a Vol, great. But can’t let him and Auburn troll us and lose out because of it. Same mindset as you can’t let a team beat you twice by not moving on after a loss.

Reactions: VolzMan53
I just don’t see how you can lie to everyone to include the guys you are supposed to be playing with, and expect them to forgive you
I'm going out on a very strong limb and say there are many of us that could raise our hands right here and now and say that in our lifetime We have lied to family, big time lie but our family has forgiven us.....YMMV

I’d love to see Hardy flip to UT but I don’t foresee that happening. I do believe there are probably still communications going on between Hardy and the UT staff and I could see it developing. This whole thing is shameful and weird. I live in Chattanooga and the Hardy commitment has been a topic of conversation here and several parents with kids on McCallie’s team have told me Hardy was telling everyone, even his best friends on the team and at school, he was going to be a Vol and then he didn’t inform anyone of the reversal that he was going to Auburn. It seems like that gives some additional evidence to the idea that Hardy wasn’t upfront with the UT coaches. I’ve also been told that Hardy has openly discussed that his commitment to Auburn may not be a done deal. All of this could’ve been handled better but he is just a kid and none of us know precisely what happened here or the pressures he may have been feeling and why. So, the purported adults on here trashing the kid for not being totally upfront is shameful and needs to come to an end.

All in all, I still want Hardy to be part of the class. He’s an elite athlete with size and he plays a position of critical need for this class. His legacy status and being in-state are also important to me. But, I just don’t see it happening now with all of the bad blood about this commitment.
Wait, this is Darryl Hardy’s kid? WTf, I used to play b-ball with him in intramurals. Screw that crap.

I’d love to see Hardy flip to UT but I don’t foresee that happening. I do believe there are probably still communications going on between Hardy and the UT staff and I could see it developing. This whole thing is shameful and weird. I live in Chattanooga and the Hardy commitment has been a topic of conversation here and several parents with kids on McCallie’s team have told me Hardy was telling everyone, even his best friends on the team and at school, he was going to be a Vol and then he didn’t inform anyone of the reversal that he was going to Auburn. It seems like that gives some additional evidence to the idea that Hardy wasn’t upfront with the UT coaches. I’ve also been told that Hardy has openly discussed that his commitment to Auburn may not be a done deal. All of this could’ve been handled better but he is just a kid and none of us know precisely what happened here or the pressures he may have been feeling and why. So, the purported adults on here trashing the kid for not being totally upfront is shameful and needs to come to an end.

All in all, I still want Hardy to be part of the class. He’s an elite athlete with size and he plays a position of critical need for this class. His legacy status and being in-state are also important to me. But, I just don’t see it happening now with all of the bad blood about this commitment.
annnnd the truth comes out.

Reactions: tn4elvis
I wonder if a recruit has every played a dirty program for maximum $, then signed with a different team. It's not like the dirty program can turn them in. ???
I had the same thought several minutes ago. I also thought CJP may have some info about some dirt.

VN Store

Back