'20 TN DE Jay Hardy (Auburn commit)

A guy that's been telling us the entire time that it's absolutely Tennessee and Hardy loves us but now is filled with information about how terrible we were during the time he was telling us that.

Yep. Very likely that this whole “staff didn’t show enough love” narrative is post-hoc rationalization to protect the kid from criticism. Not sure why so many have jumped on it like it’s gospel.

Your entertainment value is unsurpassed. Watching you come in swinging for the fence, talk out both sides of your ass, straddle the fence and now backstroking like Michael Phelps is pure gold. Keep up the good work. 👍
No use trashing posters you disagree with. Is this the type of debate people use when they HAVE NO ANSWERS.
But go ahead an pat yourself on the back for any filth and garbage that you can muster up to shut up someone who disagrees with you.
Or maybe you would like to contribute some facts to the debate

A guy that's been telling us the entire time that it's absolutely Tennessee and Hardy loves us but now is filled with information about how terrible we were during the time he was telling us that.

K was surprised by the pick. Wasn't anticipating it, like the rest of us. All info passed along was gathered in conversations after the commitment. I don't think he was with him on his AUB visit this past weekend.

Reactions: 10nacvols
It's a ****ing marathon, not a sprint. If there was ever a kid that would be a candidate for a late flip IT'S THIS ****ING KID. He's not signing until Feb. Let's win out, let's watch AUB drop two in a row, and then let it all sort itself out by Feb. But let's try to stop burning the bridge in the meantime. Take deep breaths, people.
Dude, he burnt the bridge. UT will be fine without him. The staff should move on, imho.[/QUOTE]

Every recruit that interviews talks about how TN rolls out the academic red carpet, so I am not buying the "football only" slant - plus, it's not like AU has a world-renowned Engineering program. It is OK, but they are best known for Construction Science and their Ag/Vet programs.

Why lie to everyone, including other players that were your potential teammates - and as recently as Monday night? That part does not hold water.
Seriously?

Amidst all this speculation about WHY Hardy flipped are the facts of HOW he flipped. The relationships with Hardy are not nearly as strong as UT coaches and recruits thought they were. The loyalty and trust people thought were there were not. So that's something to think about.

Thankfully from someone who is respected. Thanks brother. Great post.
P.S. Hope they don't trash your good screen name.

No use trashing posters you disagree with. Is this the type of debate people use when they HAVE NO ANSWERS.
But go ahead an pat yourself on the back for any filth and garbage that you can muster up to shut up someone who disagrees with you.
Or maybe you would like to contribute some facts to the debate
What facts have you contributed? From my count, that would be zero.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Dudley Smith
Guys AV doesn’t have a Fing crystal ball. If a kid tells the staff he’s coming, tells all these kids he’s been talking to that he’s coming then his family says he’s coming and you know about it, why would you believe any different than taking the kid and his family at their word?

And the BS about Rocker, I’m sorry but that’s a B excuse by this kid. You go to visit the school eight times, tell all these people you’re committed then you go back on your word. If there was an issue he had ample time and opportunity to voice it to the coaches. Why continue deceiving everyone when they’ve bent over backwards to accommodate you?

K was surprised by the pick. Wasn't anticipating it, like the rest of us. All info passed along was gathered in conversations after the commitment. I don't think he was with him on his AUB visit this past weekend.
Plausible deniability. If he didn't see the money change hands....

Didn't imply he was on the visit.
Just trying to figure out why I'm supposed to ignore that all of his previous information about how Hardy felt towards TN was inaccurate but his new information, is really how it happened.

Did his old information not come from Hardy? But the new does?

He's as prime a flip-candidate as ever existed. Sure, life goes on without him, but a lot will change in the 3 months until signing day.

What percentage would you put that Rocker and Scherrer are on staff in February? If it’s something you don’t want to discuss in public then I understand. I’m not saying I blame them for this, more just out of personal curiosity.

Didn't imply he was on the visit.
Just trying to figure out why I'm supposed to ignore that all of his previous information about how Hardy felt towards TN was inaccurate but his new information, is really how it happened.

Did his old information not come from Hardy? But the new does?

Dunno, man. Post-visit high? It happens. Kids change their minds. Especially if he felt like he had to chase UTs attention while AUB is showing him love.

My money is on the post-visit high. It'll wear off eventually, he'll be back in touch with his instate friends, tennessee wins out and fixes whatever transgressions hardy might have felt happened, AUB drops two straight, maybe it all works out in the end. who knows? its a marathon, and its a long way until february. anything can happen.

VN Store

Back