'20 TN DE Jay Hardy (Auburn commit)

Recruits going to see the Vols are for real. Pruitt has a lot to sell after yesterdays game.
The Bammers and Gators and Dawgs not going to be able to circle the Vols as a win any longer.

Reactions: gunner
I know everyone wants Hardy to flip back, but...

I'll take a handful of Kurot Garland's all day, any day over someone who doesn't bleed Orange. btw - Garland is going to be a beast for 3 more years.
This doesn’t win the SECE. You recruit over the current roster, especially the roster we have now. There are maybe 5 players on this current roster that can’t be upgraded or recruited over easily. You want more HT, Bryce Thompson, Wanya type players. Butch Jones had the 5 star heart guys and you see where that got him and the team.

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991
This doesn’t win the SECE. You recruit over the current roster, especially the roster we have now. There are maybe 5 players on this current roster that can’t be upgraded or recruited over easily. You want more HT, Bryce Thompson, Wanya type players. Butch Jones had the 5 star heart guys and you see where that got him and the team.
Can’t compare the coaching talent and development skills. Didn’t have the strength training or teachers...Pruitt’s coaches do. We’re 3 deep with top line quality DL. You recruit the best and sign the available. We flip Hardy and he mostly sits first season. Said it because I believe it.

I'll take a handful of Kurot Garland's all day, any day over someone who doesn't bleed Orange. btw - Garland is going to be a beast for 3 more years.
Garland bleeds so much orange he entered the transfer portal earlier this year

Reactions: SWOvol
Garland bleeds so much orange he entered the transfer portal earlier this year

He was upset about being injured and thinking he wasn’t going to get any PT. His younger brother just earned a full ride with Tennessee as a preferred walk on. (Pruitt talked to Garland and remedied the situation) get your facts straight.

So you already know what kind of player Garland is going to be as a sophomore, junior and senior? Bye God if Rocker leaves I hope you’re Pruitts first call. And BTW, Butch’s 2nd class was the highest rated class we had since 2007. It was also filled with underdeveloped, overranked guys who had peaked in HS and never got better. Pretty much the opposite of Garland and other guys JP is bringing in.

Last edited:
Reactions: SweetasSoda
Man I hope we can flip this kid, but it seems like when go up against Auburn their money bags come in and we lose all of these recruiting wars between us and them.

Lol even though this is the Jay Hardy thread I can’t let this one go. Garland had multiple big stops yesterday as well as helped plug up holes and bounce Vandy’s RBs outside where our LBs were waiting on them against Vandy and didn’t even get to practice until the Fall because of an Injury. Garland is a Very good player with great potential as long as he stays healthy.

was Garland like 260 when he got here. He looks swole now, around 300.

Reactions: MadWorld

VN Store

Back