Millennials

I never had sheep, and don't personally know anyone who had sheep . They taught us all that kind of stuff in elementary school, along with gaggle, flock, herd, murder, bevy, swarm, pack, etc.
I guess they don't teach that anymore. Just like math... cursive writing.... etc etc.

But everybody gets a trophy

There are obviously exceptions, and it sounds like you are one. But the Boomers as a whole have a pretty crappy track record. Just take a look at the exploding debt over the last 50 years, this new era of privatized gains and socialized losses, infrastructure falling apart, SS is screwed but the boomers still want their checks, etc.

The blame can be spread around for sure. Millennials are not blameless, and Gen Xer’s are starting to vote and run things in larger numbers....and the politicians are the ones directly responsible. We can also debate the merits of which political party did the most damage. But the largest voting block putting these people on office and those actually in office over the last 50-60 years have been from the boomer generation. That is a fact.

We are all in this together, I get it. But the boomers as a whole shoulder a lot of the problems because they are a lot of the population.
I think most people of all generations are ill informed about what politicians are actually doing. A lot of them are too busy to notice.

As far as the boomers still wanting their checks, it is their money after all. They aren't responsible for the ponzi scheme. They never voted for or against it.

I live in a small town, and having been in a retail business, know an awful lot of people. Tomorrow, we bury a man who graduated in the class ahead of me. He was 71. His 2 year older brother died 4 or 5 years ago. My brother died at 67. His best friend at 71. Three of my classmates, and two in the class before died in the last 2 months. I can name you a bunch of people who paid into SS for over 40 years, and collected maybe nothing and maybe 3-5 years of benefits. Their family doesn't get that money.

People need to be in charge of their own retirements. I was, and as a business owner, I had to pay both my part and the employer's match. Are you aware that the employer has to match the 6.2% or whatever it is that comes out of your check for S.S. now? Are you aware that he has to also match the 1.45 %, or whatever it is now that is taken out of your check for Medicare? So, basically I was paying about 15% of my earnings out for SS and Medicare. That was my money, and damn right expect to see check every month, even though I can live without it.

As far as the boomers still wanting their checks, it is their money after all. They aren't responsible for the ponzi scheme. They never voted for or against it.
Eh, sort of. Current receivers of SS and Medicare are getting way more than what was paid in.

Eh, sort of. Current receivers of SS and Medicare are getting way more than what was paid in.
The ones that die at 68 sure as hell don't. How much do you think that you could get back if you took 12.9% of your gross pay and put it in the stock market for 40+ years? SS is a mere pittance compared to that. Medicare will be what breaks us.

The ones that die at 68 sure as hell don't. How much do you think that you could get back if you took 12.9% of your gross pay and put it in the stock market for 40+ years? SS is a mere pittance compared to that. Medicare will be what breaks us.
What you could have made in the stock market is irrelevant to the point I was making. If you die at 68, it goes to your beneficiary. They're still getting more back that what was paid in.

He's either a liar or an idiot. Either way I am guessing he doesn't know anything about raising sheep either.

Well he moved here from Iran when he was 15 so he didn’t have that ever so important American farm animal education as a child.

I never had sheep, and don't personally know anyone who had sheep . They taught us all that kind of stuff in elementary school, along with gaggle, flock, herd, murder, bevy, swarm, pack, etc.

Yeah I or the other people I know didn’t really learn that in elementary school. I mean I’m sure we know what a flock, herd, pack, and swarm are. But definitely never heard of a murder or bevy in relation to farm animals.

What you could have made in the stock market is irrelevant to the point I was making. If you die at 68, it goes to your beneficiary. They're still getting more back that what was paid in.
Where did my brother's money go when he died at 67? I would have been the beneficiary of anything he had put into the stock market. Unless you die with either a spouse or a child under 18, nobody gets anything. How many people die at 68 with a child under 18? How many die with no spouse? The married partner left behind can't double draw, can they?

The average working couple in 2010 (I don't have anything more current) paid in $600,000 to S.S. and will receive $579,000 in benefits. They take more out of Medicare than is paid in. $122,000 in, and $387,000 out.

Yeah I or the other people I know didn’t really learn that in elementary school. I mean I’m sure we know what a flock, herd, pack, and swarm are. But definitely never heard of a murder or bevy in relation to farm animals.

A bevy is just a large group of anything . A murder is a group or gathering of crows .

Reactions: Persian Vol
Where did my brother's money go when he died at 67? I would have been the beneficiary of anything he had put into the stock market. Unless you die with either a spouse or a child under 18, nobody gets anything. How many people die at 68 with a child under 18? How many die with no spouse? The married partner left behind can't double draw, can they?

The average working couple in 2010 (I don't have anything more current) paid in $600,000 to S.S. and will receive $579,000 in benefits. They take more out of Medicare than is paid in. $122,000 in, and $387,000 out.
My mom gets 80% of my dad’s benefit and she had to forfeit hers. The pyramid won’t work if everyone gets a fair draw.

Reactions: 1972 Grad
Learning cursive proved to be more useful in real world scenarios than Jack or Jill's degree in gender studies they paid 200k for.
Just because newfangled lesbian dance theory degrees are stupid doesn't mean that old stuff (like cursive) wasn't stupid either.

Just because newfangled lesbian dance theory degrees are stupid doesn't mean that old stuff (like cursive) wasn't stupid either.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 05_never_again

VN Store

Back