Millennials

You keep calling me "hot." Listen, child, I'm married, I don't have a wandering eye, so lay off with your offers. I'm just not interested, even though you make for a fun toy.
You're the weird guy people see walking on the side of the road talking to themselves, spinning around and pointing at cars and what not

Boomers rocked out on LSD, marijuana, peyote, LSD, and rock and roll. Now they run all three branches of the government. Guess what their kids got?
people-trendshippies-pic-1968-a-hippy-family-walking-along-the-mall-picture-id80748258
They got to live in CA, NY, IL,OR and WA.

Reactions: AM64
Baby Boomers were the generation that kicked all of this off and took advantage of America at the peak of American supremacy. Since then, America has fallen off.

A couple of counters to your argument. Ostentatious behavior has been a part of the human culture for centuries. It wasn't born with the boomer generation by any means. Fads (including cultural shifts) are the same - they've been around since forever; some last and some die a merciful death. Apparently that's a part of the evolutionary process. As dumb as some stuff that erupted while boomers were blooming, not much of it is as stupid as what's going on with the current new crops. And I might remind you that a lot of dumb schiff that floated to the surface during the boomer years came from earlier generations of more "philosophical" types - Dr. Spock (not the Star Wars Spock), for example - it became unfashionable to discipline children like normal parents had done for centuries. Kids didn't need discipline, they needed "understanding" and psychiatric drugs.

Where you are foundering is that boomers happened about the time that a real middle class took off, and what you see isn't reflective of generational thinking nearly as much as a country where the middle expanded - money was available and leisure time was available and more people had the opportunity to take advantage. Simply more people with the means, opportunity, and desire to grab a little of what the wealthy always had.

Last edited:
Right. So they are completely blameless. gotcha.

The new generations are victims, you know. It's not popular for victims to self correct ... they are "victims" after all - damaged goods. Some apparently can't even figure out what gender they are. The weird part about that is the parents who can't seem to make their kids understand (or are confusing the kids) aren't boomers. We boomers may be a lot of things, but we're definitely reaching the end of the line as far as procreation goes.

VN Store

Back