Millennials

I was trying to make fun of 72's age. You ruined it by being serious. Shame.

I’m sorry I just couldn’t believe an adult didn’t know what a ewe was . I “assumed “ highly educated liberals would come out of the womb with basic knowledge like that , where us rubes had to work hard at remember them intelligent learnins .

Reactions: Obsessed
You may need to tell the entire story because I don't think 99% of the millenials have a clue what you're talking about.
So does every generation as they age.

You discovered fire there Einstein.

The difference is wisdom vs exuberance. You know the joke about the old ram and the young ram overlooking a field of young ewes? It's based in reality.

NSFW

Last edited:
Reactions: RavinDave
I’m sorry I just couldn’t believe an adult didn’t know what a ewe was . I “assumed “ highly educated liberals would come out of the womb with basic knowledge like that , where us rubes had to work hard at remember them intelligent learnins .
To be fair, it isn't a common word. And not everyone grew up in a rural area like us.

OK, for the uneducated:
Two rams (or bulls) are sitting on a hilltop overlooking a herd of ewes (or cows) The young ram (bull) looks at the older one and says "I'm, gonna run down there and **** me one of them ewes"." The older ram looks back at the young one and says "why run when you can walk down and **** all of 'em?"

Apologies to the women among us, but the story is about youthful exuberance and experiential wisdom.

OK, for the uneducated:
Two rams (or bulls) are sitting on a hilltop overlooking a herd of ewes (or cows) The young ram (bull) looks at the older one and says "I'm, gonna run down there and **** me one of them ewes"." The older ram looks back at the young one and says "why run when you can walk down and **** all of 'em?"

Apologies to the women among us, but the story is about youthful exuberance and experiential wisdom.

This is so old it may be a chinese proverb. 1st heard it as a kid. FtR..I am a genX. My parents are ( and were) boomers. My wife and kids are both whatever comes after genX. I think judging people by generations, or age actually, is pretty stupid. I find most people to be pretty self centered, shtupid, and generally lost and just doing the best they can day to day...regardless of age. I have met a few exceptions. I will say this, there will be nearly zero skilled craftsman that are natural born Americans in pretty much any construction field ...very soon. Kids today dont want and dont know how to work with their hands. Even the latino worker population is aging...their kids want desk jobs too. Who is to blame though when every kid is brain washed into believing they must go to college when in fact maybe a third should? Their parents and grandparents. That's who . Who is to blame because sons cant fix things, change a flat, etc...or daughters cant do things either that their mothers can? Their parents.

I too have failed at this to an extent. My son isnt lost at these tasks...but not nearly as capable as I was at his age or that I had hoped to teach him to be. I have spent nearly his whole life at work...and have failed to teach him how to do some things with his hands that I really wanted to.

Reactions: Septic and ajvol01
OK, for the uneducated:

And there it is . Lol

This is so old it may be a chinese proverb. 1st heard it as a kid. FtR..I am a genX. My parents are ( and were) boomers. My wife and kids are both whatev.....

Focus isn't on making you the best all around you, it's about becoming what "you" envision is needed to get you where you want to get. Kids don't take shop class, they make sure to have extracurricular activities and clubs and sports and volunteering so they can check a box on some piece of paper for acceptance.

People have no true sense of perspective. What you are talking about doesn't fit today's ease of life America, and people buy into the thought that money and convenience go hand in hand, and learning to learn isn't necessary unless it is fit into the neat little tidy life plan that "people" or society endorse.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
The issue with both is they dont/cant see the other side and refuse to acknowledge any validity from it.

I do have to say after reading up on it "Ok Boomer" has moved from being dumb to fitting perfectly. Love that there is an argument that "boomer" is the new "n word". I think it was Dave Chappelle who said it first, or first I heard it from: "if you are comparing two words to see which is worse and you wont even say one of the words, that's the worse one. "

Reactions: tbwhhs
That's a political, politician D.C. problem, not age problem. That's a voter problem.

Which generation has voted the most and had the most people in office during that time?

The boomers were the voters! When boomers start dying off then the blame can be shifted.

Please explain why.
Depending on what you consider bad in the US or that has declined overtime will allow specifics.

If you want the moral decay of the fabric of America look to the godless hippies of the 70s. Boomers. Drugs, curse words, free sexual culture, yadda yadda yadda. Nothing new but taken to 11.

Fraudulent spending and faux wars, really got going in the 70s and 80s. Boomers.

Expanded social programs happened during the 70s.

Seriously what's your problem with the state of America?

The kids? Blame the parents.

Reactions: Septic
Depending on what you consider bad in the US or that has declined overtime will allow specifics.

If you want the moral decay of the fabric of America look to the godless hippies of the 70s. Boomers. Drugs, curse words, free sexual culture, yadda yadda yadda. Nothing new but taken to 11.

Fraudulent spending and faux wars, really got going in the 70s and 80s. Boomers.

Expanded social programs happened during the 70s.

Seriously what's your problem with the state of America?

The kids? Blame the parents.
Fraudulent spending/expanded social programs?

The Great Society.

Fraudulent wars?

Vietnam.

Both LBJ, Mid 60's, part of the Greatest Generation.

This argument is so stupid it had to started by a Millennial.

Reactions: Obsessed
Which generation has voted the most and had the most people in office during that time?

The boomers were the voters! When boomers start dying off then the blame can be shifted.

I don't place any blame on boomers who worked hard, built a life, raised a family, and went about life pretty much simply wanting to be left alone and causing no problems for anyone. Which is the majority.

Either way, we're just 2 people yapping here.

Go VOLS get a win this weekend :)

Reactions: 1972 Grad
I don't place any blame on boomers who worked hard, built a life, raised a family, and went about life pretty much simply wanting to be left alone and causing no problems for anyone. Which is the majority.

Either way, we're just 2 people yapping here.

Go VOLS get a win this weekend :)

I don't place blame on the entire generation either. I also don't think every millennial is a lazy safe space PC overdrive yahoo. But when talking about generations the dialogue is obviously painting with a broad brush.

Each generation has a general reputation, and I think it fits for both boomers and millennials.

The millennials may very well turn out to be an awful generation, but they are just coming around with running things. However, we know for a fact the deterioration that has happened over the last 50-60 years.

Fraudulent spending/expanded social programs?

The Great Society.

Fraudulent wars?

Vietnam.

Both LBJ, Mid 60's, part of the Greatest Generation.

This argument is so stupid it had to started by a Millennial.
Not sure if you are agreeing with me or not.

The hippies of my generation have been running the country for the last few years, and have been doing a crappy job. I will give you younger people that, however there are millions of boomers like me who just went to work every day, never were out of a job, never collected any welfare, obeyed the laws, and were productive citizens. The downfall can be laid at the feet of greedy politicians from both parties . Their constituencies , for the most part, trusted the politicians to do what was best for them. Unfortunately, the politicians do the bidding of big money organizations that funded their campaigns, and make them rich on the side.

@0nelilreb
@1972 Grad
@SpaceCoastVol

So out of curiosity I did a mini social experiment and texted some friends and family and asked them the question...

“Do you know what ewes are?”

These were the responses...

“Are they birds ?”

“No, never heard of it or them”

“Nope”

“Ewes when something stinks or disgusting”

“I don’t know what it is. I googled it, says sheep”

“Like the sheep?”

“Lmao never heard of her”

“No what are they??”

“No?”

“I don’t even know what that means haha”

“What nah”

“No lol”

For what it’s worth, the one person who got it right has a brother who lives on a small farm and owns sheep.

My conclusion is that this is definitely a rural vs urban divide.

Edit: The guy who actually has sheep didn’t know what that word meant.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back