Jeremy Banks Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhh okay. Lol thanks. See the kid is from Memphis (don’t be offended Memphis people) but he’s more than likely just a product of his environment. The kid is probably just one of those with strong athletic abilities and lacking academic skills (obvious from his tweets and videos). Memphis is a rough ass city, especially if he grew up in Blackhaven, Orange Mound, basically the inner city. I’m speculating that he probably doesn’t know any better than his “hood” and only has had “hood influences”. Yes he made some very abhorrent comments but when you know better, you do better. Maybe the kid doesn’t know any better🤷🏾‍♀️🤷🏾‍♀️ Maybe IF CJP allows him to earn his way back, he can help align the young man with someone like Trey Smith, JJ, or others who can be a mentor to him.
He seems like the kind of dude who could use a summer of community service helping the less fortunate to put his life, and athletic abilities, into perspective.

He seems like the kind of dude who could use a summer of community service helping the less fortunate to put his life, and athletic abilities, into perspective.[/QUOTE
I totally agree!! That alone could help change his life. Hope he really is learning from his mistakes and if so, gets another chance somewhere.

Said
You want to provide that "basically threatened to kill a cop" quote? Because that's not what he said according to what I read... not even close. He ran his mouth when he should have just shut up. If he does some time with some officers and learns to appreciate them... then I really don't see a good reason not to give him another shot. You might just end up turning the kid's life around and gaining someone who appreciates what he almost lost more than most.
Said where he is from cops get shot. Then brought it back up and the female officer in training asked him are you threatening to shoot me. Not a good look. The police were trying to help him the entire time.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
It’s rare when people change their mindset on things in a short amount of time and in this case, I highly doubt there was an actual change of mindset.

I dont care if he’s faking it.. as long as he knows why he is in his situation and remedies it. Hope he comes back now. Good luck to him

Reactions: butchna
I always hope for good change...yep, would like to see the young man in Orange and White again but, gonna let Coach Pruitt and staff handle this one...

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT THE CATS!

Lol, always love masking stupidity with Christianity. I forgot to pray before saying we shoot cops....lol ( assuming thats what he is referring to)
How bout just own up to his own stupidity instead of hiding behind religion?

He could be praying to a different deity.

Sharess
Tiamat
Bhaal

Who knows. :)

He could be praying to a different deity.

Sharess
Tiamat
Bhaal

Who knows. :)
If I can be forgiven for all the things that I have done wrong in my life, then who am I not to forgive others. That does not mean that there aren't consequences for our actions. I am just not in a place to judge him or to punish/reward him. That is the way I see it. I have been working on this in my own life trying to not judge others. IT IS HARD!

Who on this board didn’t say some really stupid sh*t when you were 18-20? If today’s technology and culture had existed back then, either I would have been incarcerated or at a minimum be on some government watch list.

I am not excusing his behavior, but we have to remember we are dealing with kids.

I only wish him the best as he deals with the consequences of his actions.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83 and CSVol
Who on this board didn’t say some really stupid sh*t when you were 18-20? If today’s technology and culture had existed back then, either I would have been incarcerated or at a minimum be on some government watch list.

I am not excusing his behavior, but we have to remember we are dealing with kids.

I only wish him the best as he deals with the consequences of his actions.

He’s not a kid.
He’s an adult.
Smh.

I think he should do a ride along with a police officer once a week for next six months. Might open his eyes. If we can keep him in college, get a degree and then a job then we do not have to support him the rest of his life. That is worth a shot. If football is what motivates him to change, encourage it.

Reactions: Gandalf
Should be playing right now... However, people in Knoxville vilify those of us from WTN and the Memphis area as “thugs”. Who would’ve thunk it?

Reactions: Tarkus
Has he gotten his second chance? I don't know his history but, a lot of UT players did and said stupid things and got another chance and made the best of it. Although, I don't think what JJ did was that bad, he got a second chance. The list of second chance successes at UT and in all of college football is a long list. He's young and should be given a second chance to redeem himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back