Jeremy Banks Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you guys have a very unrealistic view of women and think they are cute, innocent victims.
Not saying that violence toward either gender is ever justified, but you have to look at the whole picture in domestic situations, and let's face it, the courts and media are very biased against men.
I have witnessed domestic situations and in my experience women are usually the instigators. I know a guy who had to get stitches because his crazy girlfriend broke glass over his head.
All I'm saying is you shouldn't judge people or situations unless you know all the details, and you usually dont.

I agree with all of this right up until the point where Jeremy acted in a manner that at the very least shows poor judgement. I contend if he comes back the local media will not be kind to him. Not saying that would be right but it is the society we live in now.

giphy.gif

Some of you guys have a very unrealistic view of women and think they are cute, innocent victims.
Not saying that violence toward either gender is ever justified, but you have to look at the whole picture in domestic situations, and let's face it, the courts and media are very biased against men.
I have witnessed domestic situations and in my experience women are usually the instigators. I know a guy who had to get stitches because his crazy girlfriend broke glass over his head.
All I'm saying is you shouldn't judge people or situations unless you know all the details, and you usually dont.

You are absolutely correct. I wish people would think like this in this day and age.

Dude, you're parsing to the point of pedantry. And I'm on Bank's side.

splitting-hairs.jpg

I’m just saying “we shoot at cops where I come from” and “we kill cops” are two different things. Also, then accuses “Banks” of actually being a part of actively shooting or trying to kill a cop before. It’s not parsing.

Words are bit... I mean words are untrustworthy individuals with ill intent most likely a result of bad familial relationships.

I could maybe get behind the argument that Banks has a hard time in expressing himself, in words, and the true meaning of his comment being: (Be mindful, he's speaking to a female officer in training) " You sure you want to be a cop, where I come from, we shoot cops" "We" not being him, as much as the population. Maybe this was a sorry attempt at telling her she's getting in to a dangerous occupation. If this is what was meant, he could have apologized and cleared that up quickly. Maybe, that was the explanation, we had seemed to move on from the police incident.

That is, until the video...The video is another animal. He's literally on video assaulting a female. I have my opinion on whether or not he should be allowed back on the team, but really with the limited knowledge we have, none of us can make an intelligent argument, one way or the other...we simply don't know the facts. So with that said, I trust, and support the coach to do the right thing, regardless of what that is. GBO!

Last edited:
It's a start. We should all wish for his success. A chance at redemption is a good thing, hope he makes the most of it for good things lie ahead for him. The other way? Not so much.

I’ve read his tweet a few times and still cannot decipher what it is that he’s trying to say. Maybe it’s a ploy, maybe it’s not 🤷🏾‍♀️.. I’m not sure if I am Pruitt if I’d give him another chance.

If he wants forgiveness let him prove it by doing what coach Pruitt requires !!!!!! Anyone deserves another chance if he is willing to prove his willingness to redeem himself !!!

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Can he enter the transfer portal while not on the team? He might not get back with us, but, he can increase his stock by doing this. Good luck, JB.

Here's one that'smore that are more coherent:

Ohhh okay. Lol thanks. See the kid is from Memphis (don’t be offended Memphis people) but he’s more than likely just a product of his environment. The kid is probably just one of those with strong athletic abilities and lacking academic skills (obvious from his tweets and videos). Memphis is a rough ass city, especially if he grew up in Blackhaven, Orange Mound, basically the inner city. I’m speculating that he probably doesn’t know any better than his “hood” and only has had “hood influences”. Yes he made some very abhorrent comments but when you know better, you do better. Maybe the kid doesn’t know any better🤷🏾‍♀️🤷🏾‍♀️ Maybe IF CJP allows him to earn his way back, he can help align the young man with someone like Trey Smith, JJ, or others who can be a mentor to him.

Ohhh okay. Lol thanks. See the kid is from Memphis (don’t be offended Memphis people) but he’s more than likely just a product of his environment. The kid is probably just one of those with strong athletic abilities and lacking academic skills (obvious from his tweets and videos). Memphis is a rough ass city, especially if he grew up in Blackhaven, Orange Mound, basically the inner city. I’m speculating that he probably doesn’t know any better than his “hood” and only has had “hood influences”. Yes he made some very abhorrent comments but when you know better, you do better. Maybe the kid doesn’t know any better🤷🏾‍♀️🤷🏾‍♀️ Maybe IF CJP allows him to earn his way back, he can help align the young man with someone like Trey Smith, JJ, or others who can be a mentor to him.
He grew up in cordova, not the inner city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back