Pruitt dismisses Banks.

This site amazes me. Our Head Coach was awakened at 3:30AM due to an arrest of one of his players. He took up for this player because of the circumstances as he knew them. He mildly cursed at the officer on the phone, but defended his player. He waited until the facts were in, or at least further mitigating evidence surfaced, before making a decision. Based on this additional information, he felt it was warranted to dismiss said player from the team.

Understand this, when Pruitt was on the phone with the officers, he had ZERO knowledge of what the dash cam picked up with the "We shoot police where I come from" statement. It was made after Pruitt left the conversation. We probably won't know what evidence was presented, nor do we need to, but it was enough for Pruitt to make this decision. Some hate the coach and just want to paint him in a bad light, some just don't care about right or wrong, and some just have a moral compass permanently frozen at S.

Some complained he didn't dismiss, others complain he did. Get a grip.

In the working world, anybody gets hurt or theres an accident....drug test immediate.

Maybe he failed his? Half our team probably smokes weed regularly..just like other teens their age. Or Pruitt could have spoken with the cops and learned more...or Banks grades could be garbage...or...

"I have made the decision to remove Jeremy Banks from our football program.

While I will continue to support Jeremy in the next steps in his life, information I recently received made it clear that this decision is in the best interest of the football program and the university."
Good!

If there is no new information . . . Pruitt should be fired on the spot for lying and dishonesty. This giy is the face of UT??? Oh My!!!

Reactions: MyVolsDropped
Will go to Juco, get his life together, go to Bama (do the same thing he did here) they will ignore it, and then he will kick our ass.

Reactions: garbear
I don't agree or disagree with the dismissal, but I do think it shows Pruitt is losing his integrity and support. I was actually a Pruitt supporter, but quickly losing faith in him.
Why does it show he is losing integrity and support? If, as the statement said, more information became available, then he should evaluate the information and take the appropriate action. We have no idea what information was received. I do not have a different opinion of Pruitt than I had a few days ago.

Just dismissed a Memphis kid for WORDS. Good luck with these Memphis kids. Amber Guyer killed a man in his house, sitting on his couch eating ice cream. She got TEN YEARS. That’s it!!! While there are black People serving life for stealing $50 or selling $100 worth of weed. I guess since FOX NEWS started reporting it, the CONSERVATIVES in charge made the move. FIND THE NICK SABAN VIDEO TALKING ABOUT THIS SAME STUFF.

Reactions: Lane Train 4
Excellent. Nice to know that the powers that be don't tolerate hate threats towards our finest. Good move Pruitt!
You mean unless those threats become public.

There of course is also the chance that Pruitt had no idea the comments Banks made until the video was released. We'll probably never know.

IF it’s new info and not bending to media pressure, I’m guessing dirty drug test.
Might be, but could be something else that happened this week, a stupid social media lost, failing to attend class, or some high else. I am sure it will come out eventually.

Just dismissed a Memphis kid for WORDS. Good luck with these Memphis kids. Amber Guyer killed a man in his house, sitting on his couch eating ice cream. She got TEN YEARS. That’s it!!! While there are black People serving life for stealing $50 or selling $100 worth of weed. I guess since FOX NEWS started reporting it, the CONSERVATIVES in charge made the move. FIND THE NICK SABAN VIDEO TALKING ABOUT THIS SAME STUFF.
I wish you and the other knuckleheads on here wait just a second and know all the facts before you automatically jump at him being kicked off the team for the video or his actions that we know about that night.

This site amazes me. Our Head Coach was awakened at 3:30AM due to an arrest of one of his players. He took up for this player because of the circumstances as he knew them. He mildly cursed at the officer on the phone, but defended his player. He waited until the facts were in, or at least further mitigating evidence surfaced, before making a decision. Based on this additional information, he felt it was warranted to dismiss said player from the team.

Understand this, when Pruitt was on the phone with the officers, he had ZERO knowledge of what the dash cam picked up with the "We shoot police where I come from" statement. It was made after Pruitt left the conversation. We probably won't know what evidence was presented, nor do we need to, but it was enough for Pruitt to make this decision. Some hate the coach and just want to paint him in a bad light, some just don't care about right or wrong, and some just have a moral compass permanently frozen at S.

Some complained he didn't dismiss, others complain he did. Get a grip.
Pruitt told the cop that arresting him for an arrest warrant was stupid and wouldnt happen at his other stops....thats dumb of him to do. Has nothing to do with Banks comments.

You know how many defense attorneys and judges excuse mistakes by investigators because they were awaken at 330 to investigate a crime?....none.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol

VN Store

Back