Pruitt dismisses Banks.

5 pages of nonsense bickering, and has anyone stopped to consider that Pruitt/Fulmer/admin just *might* have some information that we aren't yet privy to?

When you step back and really think about it, there was only one realistic ending to the story, and here we are.
IF it’s new info and not bending to media pressure, I’m guessing dirty drug test.

Unfortunate for the young man....hope he learns that there are consequences to your actions before it's too late. Can't blame Pruitt for trying to defend his player. But in the end storm got too strong, apparently. Someone decided it is better for TN to cut ties. Transfer portal.

TRANSFER PORTAL.gif

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
I'm not sure whoever leaked had any idea it would make it to Fox Primetime and national newspapers.

Maybe, but then what would be the purpose of leaking it to TMZ? All the national so-called news outlets use TMZ stories to stoke up their ratings.

I know jack squat, but then again I'm not the HC.

No new info came to Pruitts attention since the video dropped, they caved to public opinion.
On one hand you “know jack squat”.....on the other you definitively state that “no new info came to Pruitt’s attention”. You nor anybody else on a fan forum know what Pruitt and Fulmer do or don’t know.

If there isn't anything more than the video to this Pruitt looks bad.

Id say there's probably more to it than just the video, given he has already commented on it before this happened.

"I have made the decision to remove Jeremy Banks from our football program.

While I will continue to support Jeremy in the next steps in his life, information I recently received made it clear that this decision is in the best interest of the football program and the university."

There HAS to be more to this. I don't think that Pruitt got outvoted by somebody higher. There was obviously some information that was not fully known, either by Banks not telling it, or it just not coming out in the initial hoopla.

This is unacceptable, I completely agree, but I've seen people kept on teams for much worse than this. And I believe very strongly that Pruitt wanted to be that mentor to Jeremy and help him become a better young man. I believe that it had to have been something that even Pruitt was like "I can't help you now." What that was, I don't know.

But I don't believe this is Pruitt changing his mind or getting pressured. Something else is going on here.

Bad decision. Bad timing. Very Bad optics on Pruitt and AD. Throw another log on this fire.
Good decision. Good timing based on new information that’s come to light and following due process. Good optics based on Pruitt and AD coming to the correct conclusion. Fire burning no hotter than usual.

There HAS to be more to this. I don't think that Pruitt got outvoted by somebody higher. There was obviously some information that was not fully known, either by Banks not telling it, or it just not coming out in the initial hoopla.

This is unacceptable, I completely agree, but I've seen people kept on teams for much worse than this. And I believe very strongly that Pruitt wanted to be that mentor to Jeremy and help him become a better young man. I believe that it had to have been something that even Pruitt was like "I can't help you now." What that was, I don't know.

But I don't believe this is Pruitt changing his mind or getting pressured. Something else is going on here.
Tony McDaniel fractured a guy's face with one punch and was kept on the team. McDaniel should have went to jail for assault.

Reactions: bigdaddy
Yes....lol......better thsn reality TV...Neyland is burning down...the sky is falling...dont see where statements are not drama.....just stirring the pot and adds nothing to the situation which OBTW sucks....

I hope this is the best decision for all involved vs. a decision that was forced to be made based on public reaction and perception.
It sure seems that way.

The timing of it is so suspect.

I'd like to know where the footage came from.

What Banks did was retarded, but people trying to twist his words into him threatening a cop is ridiculous - not what he did at all.

He was just being a mouthy prick kid who obviously has a big ego - nothing big there. What angers me is that this all occurred over a failure to appear warrant - some people here wanted to act like he got pulled over with a kilo of china white and a few Uzi's.

VN Store

Back