Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
its that fine line where i wanted to hear him say something to make me feel better and there being nothing he could say to make me feel better. Some sort of visible frustration would've been nice though

Completely understand.

He needs an anger translater

kp_luther_thumbnail.jpg

Reactions: Smokeytom
Couldn’t bring myself to read over 70 pages since the loss. Read about 10 and go too sad again.

I saw a few references that something happened with Ubben? What did he say?

VN reality tv.
Pumpers and optimists looking for the "other side" of things despite all current evidence.

On the fencers fell to the "well shitake, here we go again" side.

"negavols" and pessimists working overtime to water the seeds of disgust that have been sewn.
And so goes another day in the lives of the most abused fanbase in America..

VN reality tv.
Pumpers and optimists looking for the "other side" of things despite all current evidence.

On the fencers fell to the "well shitake, here we go again" side.

"negavols" and pessimists working overtime to water the seeds of disgust that have been sewn.
And so goes another day in the lives of the most abused fanbase in America..

Yeeeeup.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
I would hope the message is way different to the team than to the media and fans.

Rick Barnes has no problems holding players accountable and calling then out. I thought Pruitt used to have this same mindset but he seems to have changed that.
Barnes isn’t a second year head coach..

Josh Dobbs, Colton Jumper, Drew Richmond, Cam Sutton. The list is longer and to my memory goes back to Manning. These are all players who VN/fans have said shouldn't have been playing for much or all of their career. All have proven otherwise. We lock onto a bad play or plays or bad game and it's over. Nothing personal, but sorry, I've learned not to trust fans when it comes to who should and should not be playing.
How many years do you need to see Marcus Tatum fail to come to a conclusion? This other players showed flashes of greatness at some point. He has never played well, ever. MT has not been able to keep his athleticism with all the weight he has put on. Maybe he would have been a good jumbo TE which is what Florida recruited him for.

Also who the hell ever said Sutton couldn’t play?

Reactions: JacketVol
Sometimes I feel like I let others here influence my opinion more than I should.
Only good thing I did concerning Ubben was after saying he was respected, was to add that I didn't personally read him, so I wasn't swearing to it.
I’ve acknowledged he’s a good writer and also being an outsider, he has no obligation to blow sunshine whilst doing his job. He just seems to not so subtly ENJOY getting his digs in. An objective observer with no dog in the fight can be respected but when you put a John Adamsesque PERSONAL animus in your “reporting”, you might need to find another beat...maybe a program you’re more prone to respect? Net result of these last couple of months is I was juggling ditching VQ for the Athletic...at least for the total sports writing. This dude’s delayed that process. As a Bears and Braves fan, I’m looking for more content so it’s not a permanent decision.

Couldn’t bring myself to read over 70 pages since the loss. Read about 10 and go too sad again.

I saw a few references that something happened with Ubben? What did he say?
He was making jokes at TN expense and people are sensitive. I didn’t think they were anywhere near someone like a John Adams level. Idk, it’s a tough time to be a Vols fan

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
My concern is his hands were so involved last Saturday everyone was confused. Folks running on then off the field. Alignment problems.

Totally confused

There was definitely a lot of confusion. I'm hoping that's why it looked like they had no want to. It's hard to show that fire when you're totally confused.

Ok, I’ve had enough and am breaking my silence.

Fulmer, fire him and take over, PLEASE!! Start the resurrection of our program, and show these kids what pride is all about and what it means to run through the T and give your all for Tennessee!! Pruitt doesn’t get it, and he must be clearly in over his head. Groom Tee, and let’s try to get the train back on the tracks.

Reactions: UTSuave’
I’ve acknowledged he’s a good writer and also being an outsider, he has no obligation to blow sunshine whilst doing his job. He just seems to not so subtly ENJOY getting his digs in. An objective observer with no dog in the fight can be respected but when you put a John Adamsesque PERSONAL animus in your “reporting”, you might need to find another beat...maybe a program you’re more prone to respect? Net result of these last couple of months is I was juggling ditching VQ for the Athletic...at least for the total sports writing. This dude’s delayed that process. As a Bears and Braves fan, I’m looking for more content so it’s not a permanent decision.
Nailed it imo.
And when some here say complete crap like "what did ____ say that was wrong?" They already know what's wrong.

Big difference in delivering bad news/reality and seeming to enjoy doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back