Year 4: 6

Frank Beamer
Year 1: 2
Year 2: 3
Year 3: 6
Year 5: 5
Year 6: 2

I honestly don’t know what will happen with Pruitt but all 3 of these guys took over bad situations and took until at least year 5 to see a big jump.

Well, that’s a dose of reality from the way-back machine.

I've stated this before but we hold onto coaches longer than any other program would. If we go 2-3 wins this year, there are zero reasons to keep him. May as well hit the reset button, go hire Billy Joe from North Dakota tech and make him rich and instill some hope back. Hope is all that's left and that's pretty much gone if the season goes as I suspect it will.

It's a simple phone call to the Subelt - Shawn Elliott at GSU or Blake Anderson at Arky State. Problem solved. Who elevates their talent to play well against the P5? Elliott has tons of experience at 46 years old having coached at Appy and USCe and has been an OC. Already knows the recruiting territory. Anderson is a proven offensive guru that covered Fedora's tail twice at USM and UNC as OC and QB coach until he left to take the HC gig at ASU. His wife had cancer and passed away last week.

Both of these guys are home runs. Highly respected within the coaching fraternity. The players would run through fires and walls for them. Dearly loved by the fanbases and communities. Both are high quality people as well as football coaches. UT can have both for far less than they are paying Pruitt to mess this up. We've got to learn to walk before we run and both have rebuilt down programs. Both are accomplished enough to take an SEC P5 program with UT's tradition to the top.

Nope but he can sure light a fire under people..
I refuse to believe we don’t have the talent.. it comes down to motivation, and want to..
And competent game planning that keeps you from getting caught with the wrong number of men on the field or two DEs lined up on the same side of the field.

Players lacking Fire was undeniably an issue Saturday. But let’s not pretend that a lack of passion alone is to blame. The players and the staff (especially on defense) were glaringly unprepared for this game.

Johnny Majors at UT
Year 1: 4
Year 2: 5
Year 3: 7
Year 4: 5

Nick Saban at MSU
Year 1: 6
Year 2: 6

Frank Beamer

I honestly don’t know what will happen with Pruitt but all 3 of these guys took over bad situations and took until at least year 5 to see a big jump.

We hired Pruitt saying "he'll have to learn on the job", "Jones left this program worse off than ever, he'll need 4 or 5 years".....And yet 13 games in, "Farh coach, harh coach" lol.

What does Pruitt have to do with a QB?

Not saying we fire him - it’s unlikely. But let’s say a disaster 3 or 4 win Year happens and we do let him go. I don’t thunk Chaney is going anywhere. Hell, he might be the head coach.
Because HB ain't signed anything yet and if we blow it all up, he might not want to deal with it all and go to a place with stability.

Chaney will take his dang buyout money and retire in ET. He'll never be the HC lol o_Oo_O

I've stated this before but we hold onto coaches longer than any other program would. If we go 2-3 wins this year, there are zero reasons to keep him. May as well hit the reset button, go hire Billy Joe from North Dakota tech and make him rich and instill some hope back. Hope is all that's left and that's pretty much gone if the season goes as I suspect it will.

Totally agree that UT tends to wait too long to make a move. This year's a little different. What we need most from Pruitt is recruiting. If he can do enough to haul in a strong recruiting class, then we'll have a solid foundation to build on. The class is hanging together, but he has to bring in some of these elite guys that are deciding this fall. A bounceback win against BYU is where it starts.

Johnny Majors at UT
Year 1: 4
Year 2: 5
Year 4: 5

Nick Saban at MSU
Year 1: 6
Year 2: 6

Frank Beamer

Thing is, none of them went backward in year 2. Do you see 5 or more wins after the way this team got dominated by Georgia state?

Reactions: barrylee
The O-line gets a bad rep in the media and here much of the time because of JG's incompetence. The breakdowns they do have are mental, not physical. JG cannot count apparently. He is beyond incompetent at pre-snap reads, which the coaches have to know. Some breakdowns are created by the unbelievable coaching substitutions. JG got rung up once when Morris was playing LG in substitution for Trey. It came right up the middle and JG was his usual statue. He doesn't have it mentally. He cannot read anything - coverages or pre-snap. But the coaches should not be using Morris at LG. They have experienced interior linemen that play LG. It was such a simple missed assignment on a delayed blitz that an experienced guy would have waited to make sure his lane was free of rushers before blocking down to help the C.

Saturday was not dumb - it was stupid.

I’ll never understand how you don’t see a blitz coming right at you. All he had to do on the rush up the middle was dump the ball off or get rid of it. Yet he just stands there and takes a sack. Then he sees Gray getting a rusher to him and instead of moving around he stands right next to Gray who just got massacred by the rusher and gets sacked. Like come on man.... any normal QB sees that and gets out of there and extends the play.

Thing is, none of them went backward in year 2. Do you see 5 or more wins after the way this team got dominated by Georgia state?
This is college football. Where you can whoop auburn and 10-win uk and lose to vandy in the same season. There's no transitive property here. Kids are unpredictable in both directions and we saw the worst of it Saturday. Doesnt mean we cant play a whole lot better...

Nicknaming this weekend as Linchpin Saturday for Pruitt. His wheel will either stay on or fall off based on the result of the BYU game.

Gotta say I never saw this coming. At all.

I go back and forth on this.
Honestly, I think it's mostly based off Fulmer and that's not really fair because he was ingrained here.

Even Florida gives coaches 3 yrs like we did with Dooley. But they also haven't fired anyone until they start losing games. McElwain and Muschamp both dropped from double digit wins to crap before getting fired. Butch just took longer for the win record to go in reverse.

Because HB ain't signed anything yet and if we blow it all up, he might not want to deal with it all and go to a place with stability.

Chaney will take his dang buyout money and retire in ET. He'll never be the HC lol o_Oo_O
I guess what I’m saying is that there will not be a coaching search if they fire Pruitt in year 2. Chaney won’t get a buyout because he won’t be fired.

He and Tee would be near the top of the list to replace Pruitt. I’d guess Fulmer would put himself on that list as well.

Been flirting with the idea that maybe he is embarrassed.

He's never been humiliated on national TV before. Can't help but wonder if he's trying to hide his shame and concern/panic, resulting in this weird persona we're getting.

I've been around him numerous times and IDT it's embarrassment or shame.

Reactions: JacketVol
This is what I can't get out of my head.

If you were gonna pick games easiest to hardest... It would be gast and UTC ..... And then everyone else.

If we can't handle gast.....

Htf we gonna beat anyone else?

And that's where I'm at with this season. By this measure... We shouldn't win a single game....outside maybe UTC.

#findingsomethingelsetodoonSaturdays

The optimist in me says the answer should clear up Saturday nite.

Was this the perfect storm? Overlooked opposition that was good enough to make you pay for it?
Or
This roster and staff is just what it showed. Not very good.

All we have is time.

Best case scenario he survives and holds this class together.

Just get 6 please
I think this is correct.

However, doesn’t do much for next season. This class is what, top 20 at best? And we’ll lose a few guys.

At that point he’s not replenishing the roster like we thought he would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back