Dad Advice

Here's a pro tip... In the delivery room, position yourself next to her head and stay put. Things happen at the other end that are hard to get out of your head.
Yeah I’m staying up. Wife isn’t trying to see it either or feel the crowning. Cover that ish!

Here's a pro tip... In the delivery room, position yourself next to her head and stay put. Things happen at the other end that are hard to get out of your head.

Dr had me take a peak at my son crowning. I half way fainted. The nurse caught me and sat me down in the chair.
Hell, cutting the cord felt weird too.

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
Yeah I’m not cutting the cord. Already told the doctor.
Story time...

My wife had a C section. They put a curtain up so we couldn't see what was going on. I thought it was wierd. Another doctor came in with a student to observe. He told me to try to keep it together, and then drew an X, with a sharpie, on the corner of my wife's pillow. He explained I should pass out there if I needed to. If I didn't they would just push me to the side and keep going. They would wake me up after they counted their instruments to make sure nothing got left inside her.

After my little HateSteve got yanked out. I walked past the curtain and cut the cord. Then I walked the 3 or 4 steps back to my wife. They were working on sewing her up. There is one thing I know about my wife better than she does. The color of her intestines.

I walked back and sat down next to my wife. The observing doctor gave me a nod.

As proud as I am of keeping it together, I wouldn't do that again for any amount of money. Keep your butt next to your wife.

I asked the doctor how many dads don’t cut it and he said 5%. I told him that I’m adding my name to that 5%
Seriously... I just don't feel like I missed out on anything. And I'm not the squeamish type either. I told the OBGYN that the only way I needed to cut anything is if it got me a discount.

Dr had me take a peak at my son crowning. I half way fainted. The nurse caught me and sat me down in the chair.
Hell, cutting the cord felt weird too.
Sheeeet, once you’ve been elbow deep in a cow trying to turn a calf what’s a human pregnancy? I got a chicken biscuit before the last one, nurse came in and said maybe that wasn’t a good idea given what I was about to see. I said I’d eat it in the OR if they let me.

Almost every night me and my 4 yr old lay in bed watching (and usually re watching lol) Mickey or Puppy Dog Pals. I could be watching a ball game or doing something else but these times go by REAL fast and you won't get them back dads. This nightly ritual is one I look forward to probably more than he does honestly. Take every chance you get to spend with your little ones...won't be long they'll be back talking you and a little bundle of attitude. These are the good days!

Story time...

My wife had a C section. They put a curtain up so we couldn't see what was going on. I thought it was wierd. Another doctor came in with a student to observe. He told me to try to keep it together, and then drew an X, with a sharpie, on the corner of my wife's pillow. He explained I should pass out there if I needed to. If I didn't they would just push me to the side and keep going. They would wake me up after they counted their instruments to make sure nothing got left inside her.

After my little HateSteve got yanked out. I walked past the curtain and cut the cord. Then I walked the 3 or 4 steps back to my wife. They were working on sewing her up. There is one thing I know about my wife better than she does. The color of her intestines.

I walked back and sat down next to my wife. The observing doctor gave me a nod.

As proud as I am of keeping it together, I wouldn't do that again for any amount of money. Keep your butt next to your wife.
2 of my 3 had to come by c section, and they let me not only watch, but film it.

Reactions: salutethehill
Not really, number 138 at 14 deaths per 100,000 births.

The World Factbook — Central Intelligence Agency
Do you trust the CIA? :p

Ok, in the "developed world"

U.S. Has The Worst Rate Of Maternal Deaths In The Developed World

propublica-mortality-rates.png

2 of my 3 had to come by c section, and they let me not only watch, but film it.
They were much more worried about the wife not seeing what was going on than me. I can't imagine filming it though. Who would you show that to?

ALWAYS lay a base!!!

My son was berating a buddy hugging the toilet last December for drinking on an empty stomach....."my Dad always said to eat something before you start drinking and here you are, a poster child for that advice.

Reactions: JCHateSteve

My wife had a planned C section for my second daughter. I told the nurses I wanted to be in the room in the next to her head before they did anything. Jack asses walked me in right as the cut was being made. Still haven’t gotten that image out of my head, 17 years later.

My wife had a planned C section for my second daughter. I told the nurses I wanted to be in the room in the next to her head before they did anything. Jack asses walked me in right as the cut was being made. Still haven’t gotten that image out of my head, 17 years later.
We had a planned induction for my 2nd son and 12 hours in very little was happening, so I went downstairs to grab lunch. As luck would have it, McRib was back, so for the first time in my life I actually ordered one of those gut bombs. I walked back upstairs and as soon as I walked into the room, the OB broke my wife's water. I have no idea how I didn't puke, and I haven't eaten at McDonalds since.

Reactions: tntar heel

VN Store

Back