Dad Advice

PrattvilleVol

RIP RichRollin
I spent most of my two daughters childhood working, many trips to Japan, China and Korea. Rotating between Greenville SC and Munich every two weeks, back and forth, for a lot of years. I missed out on their childhoods. My youngest would litteraly be dancing at the door, so excited whenever I came home at 3 years old. My business travel didn’t end until my kids were 20 and 16. No do overs. I blew it. I missed the best part of theirs and my lives.

Don’t have any regrets like I have. Time. You can’t bank it and once you spend it, it’s gone forever. Make every single day a family memory. Make it count. There are no “do overs”.

OldandStillaVol

I spent most of my two daughters childhood working, many trips to Japan, China and Korea. Rotating between Greenville SC and Munich every two weeks, back and forth, for a lot of years. I missed out on their childhoods. My youngest would litteraly be dancing at the door, so excited whenever I came home at 3 years old. My business travel didn’t end until my kids were 20 and 16. No do overs. I blew it. I missed the best part of theirs and my lives.

Don’t have any regrets like I have. Time. You can’t bank it and once you spend it, it’s gone forever. Make every single day a family memory. Make it count. There are no “do overs”.
Good advice. I wouldn't be so hard on yourself.

I had a bad relationship with my dad as a child. Then, he and my mom were divorced while I was in college and I blamed him. I didn't speak to him for several years. In my mid-20's, I decided to bury the hatchet. It took some time but slowly, we developed a good relationship. He confessed to me how his work stressed him out and he took it out on me and my brothers. I began asking for advice in personal and career matters. We traveled a bit together and had some good memories. Alzheimer's hit and he passed away last year. I'm glad we had a relationship as adults.

utvolpj

Scepticle Mod
Staff member
All 4 of my kids were C-sections. Watched them all. Thought it was fascinating.
Mine were delivered natural and I watched them both for the same reason. Only advice I have is to just concentrate on the baby and don't turn around for a while. There's birth and then other stuff after which I was not prepared for (and I'm not normally squeamish)

Vol737

Mine were delivered natural and I watched them both for the same reason. Only advice I have is to just concentrate on the baby and don't turn around for a while. There's birth and then other stuff after which I was not prepared for (and I'm not normally squeamish)
Delivered both of mine. Docs put me in the catchers position and told me what to do. Awesome experience. We saved the umbilical cord from both. Had no idea what a tough nugget that thing is. It all fascinated me and none of it really bothered me. My dad passed out cold when I was born.

VN Store

Sponsors