Ques Glover ‘19 PG Knoxville, TN (Florida commit 4.1.2019)

I have watched Bearden High school play a handful of times this past season mainly to get a feel for how good Drew Pember would be at UT but I was also intrigued by Glover and his potential and I will be interested to see how he does at Florida ?? Does Mike White know more than everyone else knows ?
But my favorite player off of this Bearden team, is their other Guard Trent Stephney, whom I am convinced is a Division I player but I have heard little to nothing on his recruitment ? Stephney is a 6-1 Guard, with very good hops, he is a very good passer and he can shoot the basketball. That being said, Stephney is undersized-- he might be 6-1 and he could definitely use a redshirt year to get bigger and stronger, just like his HS teammates Pember and Glover but Mr. Stephney can play. Has anyone heard anything on where Stephney may end up ? Yesterday, I heard Grades maybe an issue for Stephney, if that is true, it will be interesting to see if he chooses a Juco or Prep school to get back on track ? If anyone knows anything on Stephney's recruitment I would appreciate the info ?
Stephney is the best one imo out of the bunch . & yes I think grades are the issue right now .

Tennessee doesn't have to wait on Bone. If Rick Barnes wants to use that scholarship he can, and if Bone then decides later he wants to come back and if UT can't find a scholarship then Bone could transfer without having to sit out a year. That being said schools can over sign by one and then Barnes has till August to figure out how to get down to 13 players.

Tennessee doesn't have to wait on Bone. If Rick Barnes wants to use that scholarship he can, and if Bone then decides later he wants to come back and if UT can't find a scholarship then Bone could transfer without having to sit out a year. That being said schools can over sign by one and then Barnes has till August to figure out how to get down to 13 players.

Why can he transfer without sitting out ?

Too bad red shirts have to count. Likely got two of those in this class. Off hand, I can think of a player or three that might be a transfer candidate.

Too bad red shirts have to count. Likely got two of those in this class. Off hand, I can think of a player or three that might be a transfer candidate.
Zach Kent’s a medical waiting to happen.

Reactions: CAVPUT
I am just saying "if" Tennessee decided they wanted to use Bone's or Williams scholarship and then that player withdrew from the NBA draft and UT had decided to move on, the player would be able to transfer without sitting out a year. So if a school gets tired of waiting on a player to make up his mind, they can move on from that player, if they so choose.

I am just saying "if" Tennessee decided they wanted to use Bone's or Williams scholarship and then that player withdrew from the NBA draft and UT had decided to move on, the player would be able to transfer without sitting out a year. So if a school gets tired of waiting on a player to make up his mind, they can move on from that player, if they so choose.

That's only correct for williams because he will graduate. Not true unless Bone graduates and I haven't seen it said he is

Listen "S-L-O-W-L-Y"-- if a school uses a player's scholarship while he has declared for the Draft and that player then wants to return to school, that player can transfer without having to sit out because its not that player's fault his previous school no longer has a scholarship. That being said I am sure Barnes would find Bone a scholarship but UT wouldn't have too, if they decided not too.
Someone commented on the NCAA rule and I was just trying claify how the rule works.

Last edited:
Listen "S-L-O-W-L-Y"-- if a school uses a player's scholarship while he has declared for the Draft and that player then wants to return to school, that player can transfer without having to sit out because its not that player's fault his previous school no longer has a scholarship. That being said I am sure Barnes would find Bone a scholarship but UT wouldn't have too, if they decided not too.

Is that a rule specifically for a player that entered the draft?

Because if it's not that isn't true for other players that have their scholarships taken away

It's my understanding that both can even go so far as to hire an agent and up until the cutoff date, they can withdraw from the draft and return to school. I don't see Barnes doing any "moving on" from Bone or Grant until the final decision has been made. They might not have to wait, but they really do.
He sure can, but that does NOT obligate UT to hold his scholarship.

Unfortunately, the timing of the draft and how they have to recruit doesn’t compliment each other.

I have watched Bearden High school play a handful of times this past season mainly to get a feel for how good Drew Pember would be at UT but I was also intrigued by Glover and his potential and I will be interested to see how he does at Florida ?? Does Mike White know more than everyone else knows ?
But my favorite player off of this Bearden team, is their other Guard Trent Stephney, whom I am convinced is a Division I player but I have heard little to nothing on his recruitment ? Stephney is a 6-1 Guard, with very good hops, he is a very good passer and he can shoot the basketball. That being said, Stephney is undersized-- he might be 6-1 and he could definitely use a redshirt year to get bigger and stronger, just like his HS teammates Pember and Glover but Mr. Stephney can play. Has anyone heard anything on where Stephney may end up ? Yesterday, I heard Grades maybe an issue for Stephney, if that is true, it will be interesting to see if he chooses a Juco or Prep school to get back on track ? If anyone knows anything on Stephney's recruitment I would appreciate the info ?
There isn’t a recruitment

He sure can, but that does NOT obligate UT to hold his scholarship.

Unfortunately, the timing of the draft and how they have to recruit doesn’t compliment each other.

Understood, but the reality is that Barnes has to wait. To move on from a player testing the NBA waters would send an unsavory message to recruits. Like I said, UT really has no other choice unless more room opens up freeing Barnes to act without closing the door on Bone.

Understood, but the reality is that Barnes has to wait. To move on from a player testing the NBA waters would send an unsavory message to recruits. Like I said, UT really has no other choice unless more room opens up freeing Barnes to act without closing the door on Bone.

I've been told, not 100% sure it's accurate, that if a school has too many players on scholarship they lose double the next.

If that's true Here is the solution and risk I would take. I'd recruit one extra space. If Bone and Williams both come back we will have 2 less scholarships the next year available and I'd push guys out the door if that was the case.

I don't see much of a chance Bone, williams and Kent are all here next year. JMO

Reactions: CAVPUT
I've been told, not 100% sure it's accurate, that if a school has too many players on scholarship they lose double the next.

If that's true Here is the solution and risk I would take. I'd recruit one extra space. If Bone and Williams both come back we will have 2 less scholarships the next year available and I'd push guys out the door if that was the case.

I don't see much of a chance Bone, williams and Kent are all here next year. JMO

Clearly u and your Buddy are products of the Knoxville Public schools.

Absolutely correct. No matter what a Coach does not need a reputation on treating players like a piece of meat. That would be a horrible thing to do to anyone much less to the Bone family who have given so much to UT basketball over the years.

Barnes has until July 1st to notify any player their scholarship isn't going to be renewed. Transfer rules have nothing to do with scholarship rules, you still have to sit a year unless you can prove hardship.

Barnes has until July 1st to notify any player their scholarship isn't going to be renewed. Transfer rules have nothing to do with scholarship rules, you still have to sit a year unless you can prove hardship.

Yea and it's a travesty the NCAA is this dumb. If a Kids scholarship is taken away they 100% should be eligible immediately but the NCAA isn't that smart

Reactions: wmcovol
Yea and it's a travesty the NCAA is this dumb. If a Kids scholarship is taken away they 100% should be eligible immediately but the NCAA isn't that smart

Completely agree, there's been some movement to change it. One proposal is to allow transfers if the GPA of the student is in good standing.

Completely agree, there's been some movement to change it. One proposal is to allow transfers if the GPA of the student is in good standing.
That's interesting but that rule was just changed about 5 years ago. We got the kid from memphis and he got to play immediately due to the run off rule but right after the the NCAA took that rule out which makes zero sense

VN Store

Back