Will this finally settle the Manning - Brady debate?

You've proved by point: PM carried bad Ds almost every year. In 2013, the 28th D got smoked in the SB despite having a QB with the Best season performance in history. Next year, a better Pats D did better, including winning the game after Brady's 2 turnovers late? Next year, when PM was injured, the best D PM ever had shut down both the Pats in the AFC-CG and the Panthers in the SB.

"Asinine"? How do you think PM got the Home Field?

Brady did not play well against the Seahawks. As mentioned above he threw two costly picks. As usually the pats defense and the most ridiculous play call in the history of Super Bowls bailed him out. Another game that 99% of the time the other team wins but somehow the pats found a way to win and for some reason little tommy gets the credit for.

Reactions: WiseOlVol
Okay, I think you now get the credit for the most outlandish response. There is no way playing at a high altitude trumps the noise and disruption caused at other stadiums like at a Seahawks game. But, don't let my opinion influence you. Read this - Mile High comes in at 18 out of 32 - or, to put it another way, the bottom 50% of the stadiums. :rolleyes:

Toughest Stadiums to Play In
You do realize that lower oxygen content in the air affects a player every single play, offense and defense both, right? The crowd is not a factor every single play; it's not a factor when the home team has the ball, nor is it a factor when the visiting team does something good and the crowd quiets down. The crowd is also less of a factor once the ball is snapped. But if a player can't breathe, or his muscles are cramping because they're not getting enough oxygen, that will impact him every second of the game. Anyone who actually watches games and knows something about the game knows this.

The list you linked to proves nothing other than how easy it is to find worthless lists on the internet. Any player in the NFL would laugh in the face of the guy who wrote it at the idea that Mile High is 18th. He proves how risible his list is within the first two paragraphs when he states that he went by point differential rather than wins and losses - if we used that same criterion to decide the NFL champion, the Chiefs would be champions right now, but they're not.

You did notice that that list is entirely one guy's opinion, as in he just cooked it up because he needed a story for that week?

Brady did not play well against the Seahawks. As mentioned above he threw two costly picks. As usually the pats defense and the most ridiculous play call in the history of Super Bowls bailed him out. Another game that 99% of the time the other team wins but somehow the pats found a way to win and for some reason little tommy gets the credit for.
Here again, you're a champion of dishonesty. If Malcolm Butler had not given up a long pass completion the previous play, the Patriots would not have needed his game-winning interception. Beyond that, if Doug Baldwin had not made a catch so lucky that it made Tyree's catch a few years earlier look like skill, Butler's bad play on that play still wouldn't have led to the long completion. Baldwin was on his back on the ground and the ball happened to land on his chest.

And, most importantly, to say the Pats defense bailed him out is just another lie (which you're good at). As I already stated, Brady led a ten-point comeback in the fourth quarter. I wonder how many other ten-point leads that #1 defense surrendered that season? Stop lying.

You've proved by point: PM carried bad Ds almost every year. In 2013, the 28th D got smoked in the SB despite having a QB with the Best season performance in history. Next year, a better Pats D did better, including winning the game after Brady's 2 turnovers late? Next year, when PM was injured, the best D PM ever had shut down both the Pats in the AFC-CG and the Panthers in the SB.

"Asinine"? How do you think PM got the Home Field?
You omitted the minor detail that Manning stunk it up in the 2013 Super Bowl, throwing two interceptions and failing even to get one first down until the second quarter.

As for how he got home field, I can tell you how he got it in 2015 - when the Pats and Broncos played in Mile High in the regular season, the officiating was as blatantly corrupt as any game in the history of professional sports. Major national TV commentators, more than one, who normally never discuss officiating outside of one really bad call here or there, such as the NFC championship a couple weeks ago, were outright stating that the refs had given the Broncos that game and that the officiating was openly biased.

The Pats defense didn't lead the Patriots back from a ten-point deficit in the fourth quarter, against the #1 defense, in 2014 - that was Tom Brady. Stop lying.

O
You do realize that lower oxygen content in the air affects a player every single play, offense and defense both, right? The crowd is not a factor every single play; it's not a factor when the home team has the ball, nor is it a factor when the visiting team does something good and the crowd quiets down. The crowd is also less of a factor once the ball is snapped. But if a player can't breathe, or his muscles are cramping because they're not getting enough oxygen, that will impact him every second of the game. Anyone who actually watches games and knows something about the game knows this.

The list you linked to proves nothing other than how easy it is to find worthless lists on the internet. Any player in the NFL would laugh in the face of the guy who wrote it at the idea that Mile High is 18th. He proves how risible his list is within the first two paragraphs when he states that he went by point differential rather than wins and losses - if we used that same criterion to decide the NFL champion, the Chiefs would be champions right now, but they're not.

You did notice that that list is entirely one guy's opinion, as in he just cooked it up because he needed a story for that week?
Of course I know the difference elevation makes - duh. But, you stated he would be undefeated if he played in Denver. The analysis in the article I linked to proves that Denver is nowhere near the toughest place to play in spite of the altitude change. If you bothered looking at it you would see that it's based on the teams' point differential at home vs. on the road. Clearly over 10 years of data analysis proves you wrong on this point. It's based on data and facts, not your opinion on the impact altitude makes that results in a team's performance at home. And you do realize point differential is an indication of wins and losses?? He's looking at how much they win or lose by based on where they play.

I'll trust someone who put some serious thought, time and analysis into it over your offhanded fly by the seat of your pants ridiculous claim. But here's another one with Mile High at #4. Either way, you said Denver makes all other stadiums look meaningless and that claim isn't true. I think it's pretty universal that Seattle is the toughest place to play. You're a champion of dishonesty.

Top 5 Toughest NFL Stadiums to Play in

Last edited:
You omitted the minor detail that Manning stunk it up in the 2013 Super Bowl, throwing two interceptions and failing even to get one first down until the second quarter.

As for how he got home field, I can tell you how he got it in 2015 - when the Pats and Broncos played in Mile High in the regular season, the officiating was as blatantly corrupt as any game in the history of professional sports. Major national TV commentators, more than one, who normally never discuss officiating outside of one really bad call here or there, such as the NFC championship a couple weeks ago, were outright stating that the refs had given the Broncos that game and that the officiating was openly biased.

The Pats defense didn't lead the Patriots back from a ten-point deficit in the fourth quarter, against the #1 defense, in 2014 - that was Tom Brady. Stop lying.

You're upset.

th
th

lol. He didn’t play well? 37-50, 328 yards, 4 touchdowns, 2 interceptions, a 101 QB rating and 84 QBR. All that against one of the greatest defenses in nfl history.

O

Of course I know the difference elevation makes - duh. But, you stated he would be undefeated if he played in Denver. The analysis in the article I linked to proves that Denver is nowhere near the toughest place to play in spite of the altitude change. If you bothered looking at it you would see that it's based on the teams' point differential at home vs. on the road. Clearly over 10 years of data analysis proves you wrong on this point. It's based on data and facts, not your opinion on the impact altitude makes that results in a team's performance at home. And you do realize point differential is an indication of wins and losses?? He's looking at how much they win or lose by based on where they play.

I'll trust someone who put some serious thought, time and analysis into it over your offhanded fly by the seat of your pants ridiculous claim. But here's another one with Mile High at #4. Either way, you said Denver makes all other stadiums look meaningless and that claim isn't true. I think it's pretty universal that Seattle is the toughest place to play. You're a champion of dishonesty.

Top 5 Toughest NFL Stadiums to Play in
And you do realize point differential is an indication of wins and losses??
That has to be the single dumbest sentence I've ever read on any forum, sports or otherwise.

See if you can follow here: a team could win two home games by thirty points each, then lose all the rest of their home games by an average of 7.16 points and still have a better points differential than a team that won all of their home games, but only won each time by two points. Point differential has nothing to do with how many games a team won.

It's okay to be in junior high and think you understand football. But when you try to argue with an adult who actually has some understanding of the game, you make yourself look foolish.

Once again, you're a champion liar. Just five days ago the most blatant non-call in the whole game, such that the commentators commented on the fact it should have been called, occurred when Donald threw Brady to the ground well after he had already released the ball. They showed it in replay for 300 million people to see.

Since 2009, seventeen other teams in the NFL have had more roughing calls made against their opponents than the Patriots. Going by the number of roughing calls per pass, which makes more sense since the Pats pass more than most teams, the Pats get a roughing call once every 224.5 dropbacks, which ranks 20th in the league (nineteen teams got calls more frequently than did the Pats):

Barnwell: Myths vs. realities from Patriots' 18-year dynasty

But don't let the truth stop you from acting like a twelve-year-old.

That has to be the single dumbest sentence I've ever read on any forum, sports or otherwise.

See if you can follow here: a team could win two home games by thirty points each, then lose all the rest of their home games by an average of 7.16 points and still have a better points differential than a team that won all of their home games, but only won each time by two points. Point differential has nothing to do with how many games a team won.

It's okay to be in junior high and think you understand football. But when you try to argue with an adult who actually has some understanding of the game, you make yourself look foolish.
If you took the time to read the details of the article you would understand that point. I said indication - when you take 10 years worth of games and have a heavy swing in a positive or negative point differential, it gives you an "indication" of wins and losses. Perhaps you don't understand the meaning of indication. Since you struggle with the meaning of indication - let me help you with the definition - "be a sign or symptom of; strongly imply." A team with a large positive point differential would "indicate" more wins at home than a team with a large negative point differential. Is it perfect, of course not, that's why I said "indication".

You seem to be more concerned with trying to disprove the article rather than admitting you are wrong stating that Denver is the toughest place to play and makes all other stadiums look meaningless. It's simply not true - and your claim he would be undefeated in Mile High is the single dumbest sentence I've ever read on any forum, sports or otherwise. You are too childish and immature to admit you are wrong.

And for the record, I played college football as well as coached it for 12 years and understand more about the game than you'll ever comprehend. Making a stupid comment about a stadium also has nothing to do with understanding football. But, perhaps I'm too stupid to realize your intellectual superiority. What I can comprehend is you are a complete smart @$$ that acts like a child on here rather than the adult you claim to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolinMC
If you took the time to read the details of the article you would understand that point. I said indication - when you take 10 years worth of games and have a heavy swing in a positive or negative point differential, it gives you an "indication" of wins and losses. Perhaps you don't understand the meaning of indication. Since you struggle with the meaning of indication - let me help you with the definition - "be a sign or symptom of; strongly imply." A team with a large positive point differential would "indicate" more wins at home than a team with a large negative point differential. Is it perfect, of course not, that's why I said "indication".

You seem to be more concerned with trying to disprove the article rather than admitting you are wrong stating that Denver is the toughest place to play and makes all other stadiums look meaningless. It's simply not true - and your claim he would be undefeated in Mile High is the single dumbest sentence I've ever read on any forum, sports or otherwise. You are too childish and immature to admit you are wrong.

And for the record, I played college football as well as coached it for 12 years and understand more about the game than you'll ever comprehend. Making a stupid comment about a stadium also has nothing to do with understanding football. But, perhaps I'm too stupid to realize your intellectual superiority. What I can comprehend is you are a complete smart @$$ that acts like a child on here rather than the adult you claim to be.
Point differential means even less over multiple seasons than it does over one.

Tell me this, smart *ss: who engaged in ad hominem first, me or you? Ad hominem means personal attack when one knows he can't win the argument with logic. Logic as in doing something with some credibility like perhaps asking players or coaches (or simply going by wins and losses), rather than referencing a single writer for ESPN who made up his own criteria for gauging home-field advantage.

If you really think Mile High is the eighteenth-toughest place to play in the NFL, you're either not paying very close attention, or you don't think very well.

Point differential means even less over multiple seasons than it does over one.

Tell me this, smart *ss: who engaged in ad hominem first, me or you? Ad hominem means personal attack when one knows he can't win the argument with logic. Logic as in doing something with some credibility like perhaps asking players or coaches (or simply going by wins and losses), rather than referencing a single writer for ESPN who made up his own criteria for gauging home-field advantage.

If you really think Mile High is the eighteenth-toughest place to play in the NFL, you're either not paying very close attention, or you don't think very well.
I have made no claims into Mile High other than it's not the toughest place to play. You are the one making the claims about it and can't admit you are wrong. It's universally known Seattle is the toughest. You engaged in ad hominem way before I chimed in - you have pretty much done that with every single person you have disagreed with. Have a nice life.

Its useless jps,,he has called everyone a liar on here and will not quit acting like a child till everyone says Brady and the Pat's are the best there is,the best there was and the best there ever will be. I stopped responding many pages ago to him because of that but yall keep up the good fight. It enjoyable watching him get all twisted up.👍👍

Its useless jps,,he has called everyone a liar on here and will not quit acting like a child till everyone says Brady and the Pat's are the best there is,the best there was and the best there ever will be. I stopped responding many pages ago to him because of that but yall keep up the good fight. It enjoyable watching him get all twisted up.👍👍
LOL - I'm done. I have better things to do with my time than a pointless argument with someone like him.

The fact that people want to argue there is actually a GOAT of a sport that requires 21 other people plus coaches is utterly laughable.

Its laughable that you try so hard to make this an argument.

No way you're not trolling. No one could be this dumb.

VN Store

Back