'16 PF NC Grant Williams (UT commit 11/13/15)

I remember being SUPER excited about a football player by the name of De'Andre Payne one time.... I thought coming out of high school he was going to be an all american his freshman year...... He is probably working at a check cashing place currently.... I was as WRONG about him as you are about Grant.

Grant has turned into an absolute stud.
Hell of an assumption.

Reactions: Stoked
Damn BTO took some of y'all to school in this thread (Mostly you Vols 30). Yikes some of these post didn't age well.

Reactions: butchna
I'll be honest and say that I was a little on the fence about Grant at first, but it was because:

1. I thought he was shorter than he actually is. For some reason I thought he was like 6'3-6'4ish playing in the post. But I think he is more around 6'6-6'7, which Maymon and Moore have shown that if you have the strength you can hold your own down low even if you are a couple inches shorter than who you are playing against.

2. I haven't found much tape on him, so I was soley going on his rankings. But after hearing how well he has played against some good talent, I think this kid is really underrated. CRB & staff have been on this kid longer than anyone else, so I trust their evaluations - after all he has put about 20X more players in NBA than any of us lol.
Hmmm

I was always high on Grant. He is doing what he did in high school still.

Given work to bigger players with skills and power.

Reactions: The Dog
Damn BTO took some of y'all to school in this thread (Mostly you Vols 30). Yikes some of these post didn't age well.

It works both ways. I'm sure Fulky's thread is full of posts proclaiming him as the next Larry Bird.

It works both ways. I'm sure Fulky's thread is full of posts proclaiming him as the next Larry Bird.
As I've said a few times, if this kid is the worst player we sign in the 2016 class I'm perfectly fine with it. His offer list has pretty much all formed in the last month, clearly shows he's a player on the rise, other HMs have began recruiting him and I would guess after this last live period of the summer he'll add a few more offers. He's a guy who I think will end up ranked in the ~200 range when all is said and done, and in a 5-7 man class im ok with that being the worst.

Now....if he's the headliner of the class, I've got a major issue with it yes.

That was his take.

I was always high on Grant. He is doing what he did in high school still.

Given work to bigger players with skills and power.
Yeah, u nailed it k-town. I just went thru 20+ pages and I'm shocked I didn't have one post in this thread. I guess I really didn't become a regular poster until '16

VN Store

Back