'16 PF NC Grant Williams (UT commit 11/13/15)

Bless his heart but Chuck was hilarious as a shooter. Hopefully Williams is a tad better.

chuck-hayes-ugly-free-throws-v-o.gif

Haha I remember that.

I'll be honest and say that I was a little on the fence about Grant at first, but it was because:

1. I thought he was shorter than he actually is. For some reason I thought he was like 6'3-6'4ish playing in the post. But I think he is more around 6'6-6'7, which Maymon and Moore have shown that if you have the strength you can hold your own down low even if you are a couple inches shorter than who you are playing against.

2. I haven't found much tape on him, so I was soley going on his rankings. But after hearing how well he has played against some good talent, I think this kid is really underrated. CRB & staff have been on this kid longer than anyone else, so I trust their evaluations - after all he has put about 20X more players in NBA than any of us lol.

Reactions: 1 person
Grant Williams was an absolute machine for Providence Day this past weekend at FCDS. As soon as this Tennessee commit rolled into the building late Friday evening, we knew things were about to get interesting. In Providence Day’s opening round game against Oak Hill Academy, the future Volunteer went to work for the Chargers. The 6’7” hoss made his name known against the Warriors, knocking down several put-back jumpers and acrobatic lay-ins. He consistently attacked the glass strong with a purpose, and kept his team alive against the #1 team in the country. He never backed down from a challenge and proved to us he’s easily one of the top overall prospects in North Carolina’s loaded C/O 2016.
Phenom National Showcase All-Showcase Team

The rest of the Phenom hoops report.
..... Defensively, Williams was electric. It was easy to tell he wasn’t going to let the elite competition stop him from giving it his all. He laid it all on the line, and it paid off. Although they fell a tad bit short in both games against OHA and Mountain Mission, this stud was the reason his team almost came away with two huge wins. If he can work on a few minor aspects of his overall game, we wouldn’t be surprised to see him and his squad fighting for a title this March. Watch out Charlotte, the Grant Williams is about to take over.

@Justinbyerly: Tennessee signee Grant Williams had 20 points, 16 rebounds & 2 blocks for Providence Day last night in a win. @GrantWillPds @Vol_Sports

Reactions: 2 people
@CoachHemphill: Providence Day 6'6 2016 Tennessee Signee Grant Williams has 11pts 9rebs 3 assist 2 blocks at the half @NCPreps @CHoopsChallenge

Playing 5* Rawle Alkins team

VN Store

Back