'19 CB S Anthony Harris (UT commit 6/8/18)

He made a mark alright...unfortunately..

Kid was a phenom...
I was truly bummed. It was said that he was the best of that Dallas Carter squad. Back then we didn’t have message boards, so I didn’t know about it until the preseason mags came out. ☹️

Reactions: SugarCC
I was truly bummed. It was said that he was the best of that Dallas Carter squad. Back then we didn’t have message boards, so I didn’t know about it until the preseason mags came out. ☹️

Same here...

Visions of Deion Sanders on either side of the ball...

Reactions: SugarCC
Actually the kid from SC is just as big of a need. And he maybe a better CB prospect than Harris is at FS.
And he's a qualifier. Idk...

But we can't risk even one schollie right now.
Kind of with Butchna on this one.

But Griddie is legit and I think Harris is a player...

Actually the kid from SC is just as big of a need. And he maybe a better CB prospect than Harris is at FS.
And he's a qualifier. Idk...

But we can't risk even one schollie right now.
Kind of with Butchna on this one.

But Griddie is legit and I think Harris is a player...

I guess I don't understand the concern here. VQ and several others have reported he will only be signed AFTER he is fully academically qualified and then go on schollie in the Fall as a 2020 IC. Apparently (according to Griddie) Harris is on-board with this path forward. Since he is ranked in the composite top 247, I would think most UT fans would be giddy about bringing him on board this way. My concern is UNC or some other school WILL risk a schollie and convince him to sign a LOI on NSD before he has fully qualified.

Same scenario as the big OT who was committed to us and signed with Oklahoma a few years ago when he wasn't fully qualified on NSD. He ended up qualifying and became an all american at Oklahoma.

How am I “down”? What criticisms have I levied? Just not panicked if he doesn’t make it in. Once upon a time, I thought Derric Evans was a generational talent that would leave his mark in our history. He made a stupid life decision and never played football again. We had some of our best seasons ever. To what you quoted me quoting, are Clemson and Oklahoma saving a spot for him?
Only quoted your most recent post so you'd be aware who I'm addressing. Your narrative that Harris isn't worth a 2020 schlorship is the criticism in question. I don't see anyone panicked if he doesn't get in, it's actually the beauty of offering him the blue shirt. If he gets in then it's great, another talented young man on the hill. If he doesn't get in we don't lose a schlorship.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Not sure why Harris would be willing to sign late if another school (like UNC) will let him sign on NSD, knowing that he may not be a qualifier. If he qualifies after spring semester, signs in June and enrolls this summer, it's no risk to UT. Worked out with Thompson.

Not sure why Harris would be willing to sign late if another school (like UNC) will let him sign on NSD, knowing that he may not be a qualifier. If he qualifies after spring semester, signs in June and enrolls this summer, it's no risk to UT. Worked out with Thompson.
From how I understand the situation I would think from Harris's standpoint signing early vs signing late wouldn't affect his decision. If he doesn't qualify his signing means nothing and he's headed to juco anyway. If the university he wants to attend offers him the chance to enroll after qualifying then he's where he wants to be, no concern of his which recruiting class he counts towards.

Only quoted your most recent post so you'd be aware who I'm addressing. Your narrative that Harris isn't worth a 2020 schlorship is the criticism in question. I don't see anyone panicked if he doesn't get in, it's actually the beauty of offering him the blue shirt. If he gets in then it's great, another talented young man on the hill. If he doesn't get in we don't lose a schlorship.
Where did I say he wasn’t worth it? I haven’t made that judgement and it’s not mine to make. Never posted anything denigrating his talent. I personally think we build them up out of fear of missing out and use tricks to get them into a class. Next season there’s someone equally talented and ANOTHER kid talented at a spot where we need help. Rather have the flexibility.

Where did I say he wasn’t worth it? I haven’t made that judgement and it’s not mine to make. Never posted anything denigrating his talent. I personally think we build them up out of fear of missing out and use tricks to get them into a class. Next season there’s someone equally talented and ANOTHER kid talented at a spot where we need help. Rather have the flexibility.

Did I misunderstand the post below? I took it as he's not worth a spot in the 2020 class.

I hope we lose him. If we had a full class, he’s worth a swing. If he cuts into the 20 class...cut him loose imo.

I guess I don't understand the concern here. VQ and several others have reported he will only be signed AFTER he is fully academically qualified and then go on schollie in the Fall as a 2020 IC. Apparently (according to Griddie) Harris is on-board with this path forward. Since he is ranked in the composite top 247, I would think most UT fans would be giddy about bringing him on board this way. My concern is UNC or some other school WILL risk a schollie and convince him to sign a LOI on NSD before he has fully qualified.

Same scenario as the big OT who was committed to us and signed with Oklahoma a few years ago when he wasn't fully qualified on NSD. He ended up qualifying and became an all american at Oklahoma.

Never got clarification on whether Orlando would have qualified here even after the Summer School cramming. Had a bunch on here second, third and fourth guessing taking Peterson in this class. Blueshirting wasn’t an option for your example btw. We officially visited him. And I believe he took an official to Knoxville.

Nice deflection instead of owning up to what you said.
So you’re going to tell me what I meant? Do you need me for this conversation? What part of that is me saying he’s not talented enough for a scholarship?

So you’re going to tell me what I meant? Do you need me for this conversation? What part of that is me saying he’s not talented enough for a scholarship?
Wow. So... yeah. Not sure how else: "If he cuts into the 20 class...cut him loose imo." could be explained. I'd love to hear your answer.

Reactions: Smokeytom
Wow. So... yeah. Not sure how else: "If he cuts into the 20 class...cut him loose imo." could be explained. I'd love to hear your answer.
IMO...In. my. OPINION. Loving that? Does that translate to “not worth a scholarship”? I’d rather have next season’s scholarships with flexibility. I think there is better talent in the 20 class than this one. Glad I could help you out.

VN Store

Back