'19 CB S Anthony Harris (UT commit 6/8/18)

Almost like Bryce Thompson’s situation last year here. Harris is a great athlete who could potentially contribute on offense or defense. We’re still a couple recruiting classes from being able to turn down athletes like that. Getting him on campus this fall would be a good move, whether it counts against 2020 or not.

So you think we'll have ~25 commits of Harris' caliber next year? If so, I will be all jazzed up :)
I think we’ll be in on more HIGHLY RATED than that, for whatever’s that worth. Pruitt doesn’t recruit lesser than that given a choice.

Whatever dude. You’ve never seen the kid play. Know nothing about him. That’s pretty obvious
Maybe you know too much about him and you have hypersensitivity to anyone not as enthralled? Hence the personal insult that had to be edited. If the coaches want him and use whatever to get him on the roster, then I ain’t whining or second guessing. I hate blueshirting and I don’t see the generational talent that would warrant it in this player...much more OBVIOUS.

Maybe you know too much about him and you have hypersensitivity to anyone not as enthralled? Hence the personal insult that had to be edited. If the coaches want him and use whatever to get him on the roster, then I ain’t whining or second guessing. I hate blueshirting and I don’t see the generational talent that would warrant it in this player...much more OBVIOUS.

Just makes it more obvious you’ve never done coaching, worked camps, combines, and evaluated talent.

Reactions: tatervol
Just makes it more obvious you’ve never done coaching, worked camps, combines, and evaluated talent.
Like the majority of this BOARD? Too bad you can’t find a forum with fellow elites, Mr. Huff & Puff.

Reactions: Vol Main

So you would be happy if TN got a commit today from a top 100/200 talent in 2020 class but would be upset if we used a blueshirt on one that you can have immediately? Makes no sense. Harris is a stud. Pretty sure your not upset Bryce Thompson did same thing

Simple fact is I would be good with Harris or Robinson. If Harris is still a grade concern, I take Robinson. We can't risk a non-qualifier right now and personally I don't see why he would blue shirt.

Reactions: Orange Studs
So you would be happy if TN got a commit today from a top 100/200 talent in 2020 class but would be upset if we used a blueshirt on one that you can have immediately? Makes no sense. Harris is a stud.
I’m not going to be truly HAPPY or truly SAD in either situation. I have balance. I know the reason we’re reportedly scrambling to get this kid in is because Pruitt had to do whatever to get bodies onto campus. I’d like to wean ourselves off credit card recruiting and remove the desperation factor. I liken this to Bobby Beathard, the HOF GM for the 80’s Redskins and 90’s Chargers. Man built some stout rosters but had that predilection of trading next year’s first rounder for this year’s second. Landed some good players that way but his gold jacket was earned by the first rounders he picked when he couldn’t find a trading partner in that year’s draft. You keep yelling to the rafters that Harris is a generational talent and if Pruitt agrees? Good. I’d prefer that we have flexibility and be able to be more selective with a full class. Betting that there’s a comparable athlete next class.

Good lord some of you just love to start and stir ****. griddie has always been solid and offered good info on Carolina kids.

Shouldn’t be anything to “start”. If he’s confident enough in his evaluation, whatever I could opine shouldn’t “stir” him up. He’s solid AND he’s a homer where Carolina kids are concerned. Let him provide and ride with his “good info” without the unnecessary umbrage.

Reactions: 85SugarVol
I’ve coached both sides of the ball, pretty much every position. And mainly camps/combines here in NC and the SEast.

Nice. Then I take your evaluation for what it’s worth. That being said he looks like he is a very good athlete. Hopefully we have room.

Personally, I think getting Harris in to our class any way you can is a no brainer. This guy is very talented and regardless whether he plays S or WR it is a position of need.

In terms of talent and need, the comparison to Bryce Thompson is spot on. We need to find a way.

Reactions: tatervol
At the very least least he's a better player than the worst guy they'll bring in next year. They have to sign him if he wants in

Reactions: StoVol

VN Store

Back