'19 CB S Anthony Harris (UT commit 6/8/18)

I'm just happy we're arguing about really good players who can contribute to the cause. In the end, we all want the same thing.

griddie... butchna...
Shake hands now... :cool:

Reactions: Devo182
At the very least least he's a better player than the worst guy they'll bring in next year. They have to sign him if he wants in
No they don’t. Only if THEY want him in. Who’s the “worst” guy in THIS class btw? And weren’t you done with TN football...since they’re “done”? 😉

I'm just happy we're arguing about really good players who can contribute to the cause. In the end, we all want the same thing.

griddie... butchna...
Shake hands now... :cool:
I doubt he slums with a commoner.

Junior season which shows more defense. Shrine bowl only shows offensive highlights from tv stations and they weren’t many. The defenses dominated led by Harris and Zach Pickens of SC who’s a beast and best player there

Kid reads and reacts fast on D. Brings the wood too.. Elusive with the ball in his hands.. Definitely looks like he would contribute as a freshman.. Hope we get him in.

Reactions: SmokinBob

Junior season which shows more defense. Shrine bowl only shows offensive highlights from tv stations and they weren’t many. The defenses dominated led by Harris and Zach Pickens of SC who’s a beast and best player there

Kid's tackling angles are insane.

No they don’t. Only if THEY want him in. Who’s the “worst” guy in THIS class btw? And weren’t you done with TN football...since they’re “done”? 😉
I still want them to be successful, but I don't see them keeping up with Georgia, Bama, and Florida. I hope I'm wrong, but the difference in talent is significant and Pruitt is the least proven coach of the 4. Also I think it's safe to say the staff wants him. If they didn't they never would've offered. He's an elite athlete though, and will make a significant impact on either side of the ball. As far as who the worst player in this class is I'd probably go with Cox, but if we're including realistic targets remaining I'd say Russell. Harris is definitely a take though if he wants in. Better to maintain a relationship with an elite athlete and keep him in the fold than it is taking a career depth guy simply because you know he will qualify a year earlier. Keep Harris if he wants to be a Vol and let him bulk up during 2019 if he isn't eligible and has to be counted towards the 2020 class

Kid is a missile out there. Plays really deep and comes flying up in run support.

I still want them to be successful, but I don't see them keeping up with Georgia, Bama, and Florida. I hope I'm wrong, but the difference in talent is significant and Pruitt is the least proven coach of the 4. Also I think it's safe to say the staff wants him. If they didn't they never would've offered. He's an elite athlete though, and will make a significant impact on either side of the ball. As far as who the worst player in this class is I'd probably go with Cox, but if we're including realistic targets remaining I'd say Russell. Harris is definitely a take though if he wants in. Better to maintain a relationship with an elite athlete and keep him in the fold than it is taking a career depth guy simply because you know he will qualify a year earlier. Keep Harris if he wants to be a Vol and let him bulk up during 2019 if he isn't eligible and has to be counted towards the 2020 class
Edit: You answered.

I’ve coached both sides of the ball, pretty much every position. And mainly camps/combines here in NC and the SEast.

Do you do quarter back camps? My nephew has been in several out there. Top Gun I think maybe one? Don't hold me to the names

I don't understand why you're so down on this kid. You seeing something others aren't? Serious question.
How am I “down”? What criticisms have I levied? Just not panicked if he doesn’t make it in. Once upon a time, I thought Derric Evans was a generational talent that would leave his mark in our history. He made a stupid life decision and never played football again. We had some of our best seasons ever. To what you quoted me quoting, are Clemson and Oklahoma saving a spot for him?

Probably more about the idea of losing a spot in next year's class than the kid himself.

When you get desperate for that one last recruit...enough to make room for him? You justify it in your mind that he’s vital and irreplaceable. Often that changes in a calendar year. Credit card recruiting.

How am I “down”? What criticisms have I levied? Just not panicked if he doesn’t make it in. Once upon a time, I thought Derric Evans was a generational talent that would leave his mark in our history. He made a stupid life decision and never played football again. We had some of our best seasons ever. To what you quoted me quoting, are Clemson and Oklahoma saving a spot for him?

He made a mark alright...unfortunately..

Kid was a phenom...

VN Store

Back