'19 CB S Anthony Harris (UT commit 6/8/18)

Actually the kid from SC is just as big of a need. And he maybe a better CB prospect than Harris is at FS.
And he's a qualifier. Idk...

But we can't risk even one schollie right now.
Kind of with Butchna on this one.

But Griddie is legit and I think Harris is a player...
No risk at all if you’re blueshirting a kid like this, though. Either they make it into campus and count against the 2020 class, or they don’t make it in and count against nothing.

We’ll make a spot for an elite player? Whether we have to tell a lower tier recruit to look around or whatever... recruiting is pretty fluid? We won’t ever lose out on an elite recruit if they want to come here, you should know that bud
Wheew...mighty relieved with that assurance. 😏

Seems like we've turned away a couple this year in Moore and bogle because we don't have room. 🤔
one thing never discussed is character which we will never know.. what if a recruit comes in hosted by a senior and the player tells coach, all he talked about all weekend was weed, alcohol, and titties. Didnt seemed too focused on football. we would never know that except as an inexplicable loss of interest.

so yeah, we follow recruiting which is a semi science of conjecture based on incomplete information.

Seems like we've turned away a couple this year in Moore and bogle because we don't have room. 🤔

Kinda where I’m at with this. Also Pickens is an even dicier wait out with our current options.

Highly, highly doubt Bogle was pushed out. If he’d wanted to sign with us on ESD, he’d be in our class. Moore sounds like an issue where our staff wasn’t sure about his ability to stay healthy.

Very different situation here. Harris is committed, but hasn’t had an official visit or an in home from our staff. There’s very little risk involved for us in a blue shirt situation like this.

Reactions: Bobo0101
Highly, highly doubt Bogle was pushed out. If he’d wanted to sign with us on ESD, he’d be in our class. Moore sounds like an issue where our staff wasn’t sure about his ability to stay healthy.

Very different situation here. Harris is committed, but hasn’t had an official visit or an in home from our staff. There’s very little risk involved for us in a blue shirt situation like this.
Maybe maybe not. We're also in on some other highly rated guys like Robinson that we've probably got to pass on because of room. Point is people always act like there's no cost in these situations then are the first to wonder why we don't have room in the next class. It's not always the lower rated guys the lose their spot do to room either. As evidenced by this class. All our lowest rated targets signed early.

Maybe maybe not. We're also in on some other highly rated guys like Robinson that we've probably got to pass on because of room. Point is people always act like there's no cost in these situations then are the first to wonder why we don't have room in the next class. It's not always the lower rated guys the lose their spot do to room either. As evidenced by this class. All our lowest rated targets signed early.
I don’t buy it.

Who’s acting like they don’t understand Harris blueshirting means one less spot in 2020?

What highly rated guys have we missed out on because of blue shirts or a lack of a spot?

Lowly rated guys like Means have more incentive to sign early than more highly ranked guys. If a few of the 4*/5* guys we missed out on had signed with us early, Means wouldn’t be a part of this class.

Would you trade a blue shirt like Bruce Thompson for someone like Means in this class?

Few are questioning us bringing in Gibbs or Solomon, but really there’s less at risk bringing in Harris than GTs or JUCOs even. If he qualifies and we can get him as a blueshirt, he’s a no brainer.

I don’t buy it.

Who’s acting like they don’t understand Harris blueshirting means one less spot in 2020?

What highly rated guys have we missed out on because of blue shirts or a lack of a spot?

Lowly rated guys like Means have more incentive to sign early than more highly ranked guys. If a few of the 4*/5* guys we missed out on had signed with us early, Means wouldn’t be a part of this class.

Would you trade a blue shirt like Bruce Thompson for someone like Means in this class?

Few are questioning us bringing in Gibbs or Solomon, but really there’s less at risk bringing in Harris than GTs or JUCOs even. If he qualifies and we can get him as a blueshirt, he’s a no brainer.
We haven't missed on anyone yet because it's not signing day yet. But there are reports that we told Moore we don't have a spot for him and that we stopped recruiting bogle. Cox may even be a casualty. We are still trying for Robinson but likely don't have room per many reports from vq we only have room for Wright, toot, Russell and possibly Pickens with maneuvering. If we hadn't used credit card recruitment last class maybe we'd still have room for guys like Moore and Robinson and others who may could help us. Or room to count Harris in this class instead of losing a spot next year. For the record I like Harris and wouldn't really have a huge issue with blue shirting him. Much better than a grad transfer imo. But I also wouldn't have a problem cutting him lose. And may lean towards that preference. It's not like a bunch of programs are really beating down his door to get him.

Pointing out means supports my point that credit card recruitment doesn't really mean that we just won't take a lower rated guy next class. Cause those guys sign early usually to get their spot and number crunches don't hit till February.

This really all comes down to differences of opinions on somewhat complicated recruiting philosophies that don't necessarily have one right answer though. Some people think my opinions are dumb but it's really just cost benefit analysis where we've weighted our costs differently and come up with different answers. I may be wrong but it really doesn't matter cause I'm just giving my opinion.

We haven't missed on anyone yet because it's not signing day yet. But there are reports that we told Moore we don't have a spot for him and that we stopped recruiting bogle. Cox may even be a casualty. We are still trying for Robinson but likely don't have room per many reports from vq we only have room for Wright, toot, Russell and possibly Pickens with maneuvering. If we hadn't used credit card recruitment last class maybe we'd still have room for guys like Moore and Robinson and others who may could help us. Or room to count Harris in this class instead of losing a spot next year. For the record I like Harris and wouldn't really have a huge issue with blue shirting him. Much better than a grad transfer imo. But I also wouldn't have a problem cutting him lose. And may lean towards that preference. It's not like a bunch of programs are really beating down his door to get him.

Pointing out means supports my point that credit card recruitment doesn't really mean that we just won't take a lower rated guy next class. Cause those guys sign early usually to get their spot and number crunches don't hit till February.

This really all comes down to differences of opinions on somewhat complicated recruiting philosophies that don't necessarily have one right answer though. Some people think my opinions are dumb but it's really just cost benefit analysis where we've weighted our costs differently and come up with different answers. I may be wrong but it really doesn't matter cause I'm just giving my opinion.
The upside with the Harris blue shirt is he may not qualify.... and if he doesn't... no harm no foul... that's at least smart use of the blue shirt...

I'm with you on the credit card recruiting... but this is the exception I'm completely OK with...

The upside with the Harris blue shirt is he may not qualify.... and if he doesn't... no harm no foul... that's at least smart use of the blue shirt...

I'm with you on the credit card recruiting... but this is the exception I'm completely OK with...
Yeah I get that and it's why I don't really have a problem with it. It's probably the only type of blue shirt that is worth it. I was just pointing out the merits of the other side of the debate too. This situation is more of a gray area but I do tend to side against credit card recruitment and grad transfers generally. So my preference here leans that way. But I do and would understand it in this situation.

Yeah I get that and it's why I don't really have a problem with it. It's probably the only type of blue shirt that is worth it. I was just pointing out the merits of the other side of the debate too. This situation is more of a gray area but I do tend to side against credit card recruitment and grad transfers generally. So my preference here leans that way. But I do and would understand it in this situation.
This guy isn’t the general quality of the typical blueshirt. So we kinda agree. Still rather have the spot next year. 😎

Reactions: SugarCC and Sleegro
How am I “down”? What criticisms have I levied? Just not panicked if he doesn’t make it in. Once upon a time, I thought Derric Evans was a generational talent that would leave his mark in our history. He made a stupid life decision and never played football again. We had some of our best seasons ever. To what you quoted me quoting, are Clemson and Oklahoma saving a spot for him?

He told them no plain and simple and committed to UT. And has remained that way. Clemson took Zanders from Shelby Creat then who isn’t in the same league as Harris.

He told them no plain and simple and committed to UT. And has remained that way. Clemson took Zanders from Shelby Creat then who isn’t in the same league as Harris.
Soooo? They don’t.

This. If he had his ACT points right now he would be in the 19 class without question

They don’t what? He’s told them no every time they’ve talked with him, that he’s solid to UT. What is your freaking problem
Well you need to calm down there first...then I’ll tell ya. Now. A point was made that both Oklahoma and Clemson have offered him...as in want him in their current classes. If those are old, currently non-committable offers, then we’re clearing up misinformation like a muthatrucker. 😉

VN Store

Back