Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing on Dooley. I have a few friends that are HS coaches in Murfreesboro and Nashville. All of them said the same thing about Dooley. He made Zero effort to build relationships. One thing about Butch and his staff they made an effort to repair some damage. Started Coaching Camps.

We need to recruit in Top 10 each year. Plain and simple.

Top 10 really means Top 5 in SEC. gives us a chance to win with good coaching. Should compete for Division.

Gimmicks never last. We are done with snake oil salesmen. Play football. Line up and beat the guy in front of you.

All I'm saying is when you don't have talent like Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, Ohio State etc and can line up and dominate the LoS pro style, a different approach to your offense philosophy would be beneficial. JMO

WHAT IF SABAN HIRES BUTCH FOR OC?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Bama fans be like...

tenor.gif

SIAP -

College Football Top Ten Sleeper Teams

4. Tennessee

2018 record: 5-7

Why the Vols are a sleeper: Tennessee hasn't won an SEC East title in more than a decade and when's the last time the Vols were picked to be a serious contender in a league dominated by Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Florida and Georgia during that stretch? Jeremy Pruitt inherited a roster barren of explosiveness and premium talent, but that's changing in Knoxville. He signed a Top 25 class during the 2018 cycle and followed that up with a haul that may fall inside the Top 15 next month on National Signing Day, according to the 247Sports Composite. The Nick Saban disciple and defensive guru showed flashes of turnaround in his first campaign with notable wins over nationally-ranked Auburn and Kentucky, but season-long offensive struggles kept the Vols out of the bowl picture. This week's hire of Georgia OC Jim Chaney was a power move and should rectify those issues in 2019.

Gotta say, this means nothing.

I'm a wholehearted believer in Pruitt, and I'm in it for the long haul (5 years minimum) with him as HC.

The top-20 recruiting classes don't mean anything because (correct me if I'm wrong) have we EVER had a class outside the top 20? Like since Rivals/247 became a thing? Dooley was getting top-20 classes. This school recruits itself.

Pulling Chaney was a big-balls move, and the stability it'll bring can't be understated. Chaney's experience can help keep Pruitt grounded as he gains his experience and traction as a first time P5 HC. This point aside, I do think Pruitt will still make a couple rookie mistakes, and anyone who thinks his pedigree as a Saban disciple making him immune to such mistakes might be a little naive.

It'll take a massive improvement along the OL for us to reach 'sleeper' status, as well as no drop-off from our DL which lost Shy/KP/Alexis/Bain/Kongbo. Those are both tall, tall orders.

Realistically, 6-6 or 7-5 next year. We shouldn't be getting our hopes any higher than that.

He is after him because he is good. You're good at taking leaps in logic. He obviously thought no one was better than him last year, irrespective of how much you and Hank thought he should.

Its a pretty short leap. You don't go after a grad transfer QB of Hurts caliber unless you want him to be your #1. FYI, Hurts would have started for us last year too if he was here.

Reactions: Batman1948
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back