Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jake, not singling you out, but I am using your post as the example… This post shows how much Pat’s legacy is already tarnished by Holly’s trash coaching. I would venture to guess 10 to 15 years ago when Pat was still in her prime, we would’ve never read a post similar to this. Well, unless it was @bignewt posting, but his posts are worthless anyways.

Worthless? No. Pesos level? Probably.

That would mean UT's previous two FB HC hires were fired and then became WR coaches. Dooley in Dallas and Butch at Bama. Not a good stat if you're a Vol fan.

Depends on how you look at it. The previous part sounds a lot better than current or future... Happy to have them in the rear-view mirror and driving forward. And it does feel like we are moving forward for a change.

While hopeful folks say the sky must be falling in Bama.... I'm more of the thought process of " what does Saban have up his sleeve?"

If you don't think a really good OC wouldn't jump at coaching that offensive roster then your crazy.

If Enos is available then he may go to Maryland with locks and take Hurts.

I couldn't name one coach, not even the UCONN guy. Nor could 95% of sports fans. We had one of the greatest coaches of any sport of all time here. It was glorious. She is gone. No coach could live up to that. Time to put women's bball back where it belongs, on the way way back burner.

Sherri Coale, Oklahoma: classy.

sherri coale.jpg

Kim Mulkey, Baylor: classy.

kim mulkey.jpg

Holly: not so much.

Last edited:
Hurts coming here would be a game changer imo. Especially with our line issues. You could also run some cool sets with Hurts and JG.
I agree. Our O-Line struggled this year, but JG was part of the problem as well. Until JG understands how to read a weak side blitz, he will struggle. Hurts would be a HUGE upgrade. Not so much in physical measurements, but he has the intangibles and running capability JG just doesn't have. It is hard for me to envision JG as a 4 year starter.

I am sensing a significant crack in the foundation. The fall from the top might be beginning.

Unprecedented staff turnover -- 3 DC's in 4 years and 4 OC's in 3 years. Countless position coaches have come and gone. It's impossible to maintain elite level success with that much turnover.

Also, the addition of Jimbo to the SEC West is a direct threat to Alabama's primacy.

Unprecedented staff turnover -- 3 DC's in 4 years and 4 OC's in 3 years. Countless position coaches have come and gone. It's impossible to maintain elite level success with that much turnover.

Also, the addition of Jimbo to the SEC West is a direct threat to Alabama's primacy.
we break the streak this year.....

I’m lost.

Are we talking about what should be permitted for discussion in this thread or whether UT admin should care about sports you don’t care about.

Very Different topics of conversation

Not really. UT admin can jump through rings of fire to bring women's bball to prominence. I just don't really care to hear about it. Its an unwatchable sport and we have the #3 team in the country in MENS basketball. Why in the hell are we wasting our time talking about the women's team? I'm sorry, I'll let it go.

I'm not sold yet on Fisher. With the exception of a couple years, given the talent levels he had to work with at Fla St, his teams have been a smidge better than Sumlin-esque rather than like Bama-esque.

I was all for Holly getting this season to prove herself as a coach.. all I've got to say is that she better pick up the pace. I have a feeling Fulmer wont take it easy on her.

Fulmer extended her contract this summer. We are two years too late to fix the Holly problem

UGA supposedly trying to talk to Enos as well. Bama 247 mod say Enos has been involved with asst coach interviews so they would be suprised. Never say never though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back