Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fulmer extended her contract this summer. We are two years too late to fix the Holly problem

I think in today's sports world, it is a given that you have to give a coach 3 year's worth of contract, in order for them to be able to recruit well. It's also a given that you may have to buy out their contract before it is over. It is an issue, but it is far from insurmountable. It is just the cost of doing business.

Reactions: JCP201 and LA Vol
Alabama is going to prioritize Tee per some rumblings.

It’s going to be very interesting to see who they target and how other programs (Tennessee included) respond.

I think in today's sports world, it is a given that you have to give a coach 3 year's worth of contract, in order for them to be able to recruit well. It's also a given that you may have to buy out their contract before it is over. It is an issue, but it is far from insurmountable. It is just the cost of doing business.

Fulmer extended Holly's contract for recruiting, but the buyout is favorable. They'll work out a soft landing when he decides it's time.

I think this is calculated and Saban is leaving Bama.

I actually think Saban put every single coach on notice that they weren’t irreplaceable and he was upgrading the staff. He’s either in his way out or he’s about to create a super-staff the likes of which we’ve never seen. I want to believe the former.

While hopeful folks say the sky must be falling in Bama.... I'm more of the thought process of " what does Saban have up his sleeve?"

If you don't think a really good OC wouldn't jump at coaching that offensive roster then your crazy.

If Enos is available then he may go to Maryland with locks and take Hurts.
Enos sucks and so does locksley imo.

And track. And volleyball. UT is solid in multiple sports, but traditionally, the marquee sports have been football and BB for men and BB for women. UT was once profitable in all three and can be Top 5 in attendance when we field elite teams. Probably need to invest more in baseball.
Folks keep sleeping on the softball team. They are a power house and closed with the number 1 class this year and it wasn't even close.

So, Saban is letting his whole staff go? It seems strange, but if Saban was planning on going, wouldn't he announce it with plenty of time for Bama to hire a replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back