Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be happy with DL group after adding Solomon. Figured we might pursue a DL. Also could mean no attractive options worth a spot.

Im thinking we could really use another experienced JACK/4-3 type pass rusher to spell DT and Johnson. I could see Roman Harrison getting some early run as we don't have many options.

I assume at this point Austin Smith is never going to do anything here. He looked like he had some potential when he signed.

Hurts coming here would be a game changer imo. Especially with our line issues. You could also run some cool sets with Hurts and JG.

You can almost bet that if Hurts comes here JG will leave. Absolutely no reason for him to stay to sit his last year.

I think you underestimate how a lead footed qb can hurt an offensive line and how one with a hint of pocket (presents) and mobility can help one... and thus extend drives, convert third downs, and win that south carolina game and get us to a bowl
Ya, maybe one game more. But he might lose us a game JG would have won because he's not as good a passer.

You can almost bet that if Hurts comes here JG will leave. Absolutely no reason for him to stay to sit his last year.
No problem there. We have Maurer coming in as a pro-style QB that could redshirt this fall and maybe we could even add another QB in Feb. No way you let JG stand in the way of the possibility of landing Hurts.

UT has three marquee sports programs. Don't see why we wouldn't all three to be elite, especially since two of them have been NC-caliber programs and could be again. UT has the resources to support all three.
What about baseball. The baseball team has had a few close to the top. Then there's softball. Swimming and diving usually does pretty well

giphy.gif

Ah! The wife put up pics of our kiddos as newborns for Christmas. Never gets old seein' babies. ...

now she wants #3. I didnt say i missed em that much. love that gif!

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
I was all for Holly getting this season to prove herself as a coach.. all I've got to say is that she better pick up the pace. I have a feeling Fulmer wont take it easy on her.

Yeah, I felt like last year you could give her a mulligan, but this year there should at least be the ability to finish the year strong. Everyone has a few bumps in the road during a long season, but she better get things turned around pretty quick.

UT has three marquee sports programs. Don't see why we wouldn't all three to be elite, especially since two of them have been NC-caliber programs and could be again. UT has the resources to support all three.

baseball >>>>>>> womens bball

Hell, softball >>>>>>> womens bball

Reactions: Maxwell
What about baseball. The baseball team has had a few close to the top. Then there's softball. Swimming and diving usually does pretty well

And track. And volleyball. UT is solid in multiple sports, but traditionally, the marquee sports have been football and BB for men and BB for women. UT was once profitable in all three and can be Top 5 in attendance when we field elite teams. Probably need to invest more in baseball.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back