What irritates you the most at restaurants?

Tuesdays are weird.
I start off by having a bum fight out front, a lady letting me know several times she use to tend bar & "this isnt how Bravo makes it". A young gal proudly flashing her ladybojangles to everyone, two bros swapping shirts in full view, another bro broke a glass & sliced his hand and lost enough blood to fill said glass, at one point I though arepostle had a sale on sleeveless tees today because it was bicep city tonight, & the host stand recieveing prank calls....
Never a dull moment here...

sounds like Fieldhouse Social lol

Amateur hour at its finest tonight.
A trio of gals in their 40's came in, walked straight to the bar & asked "where do we order drinks?"....
"Here?"
"Do y'all have liquor?"
Over my shoulder in clear view are a over a hundred bottles....

Another guest; "I'll take a mountain light"
"This is not Smokey Mnt Brewery"

My favorite of the night.... Someone celebrated a bit too hard...
Them-"Beer."
Me-"No."
Them-"I agree"

Reactions: 2 people
here is one that got to me this past friday. I was at a resort and ordered the wife, kid, and I some food from a snack grill. It took around 10 mins to get our food and it wasnt that busy. so then we go to get condiments and napkins and there is no ketchup or napkins. We were told someone is coming to refill. After 5 more mins they told us to go to the inside restaurant (about 100 yards away) with our food and get ketchup there. Pissed off I went in the restaurant and they gave me a bottle of ketchup and about 200 napkins and asked me to take them back to the snack bar. I was livid and asked for a manager. They took my phone number and she was going to call me. Got her call back and her response was to comp to food. I asked her if i should expect this level of service every time or will this be addressed, her response.....it's summer, we are busy and she hung up on me.

Did this really bother you... or did this bother your wife?

I mean no ketchup and napkins? The horror...

Reactions: 1 person
Well we haven’t been naming businesses so I kept it at a description but this is a full on resort. After our visit I looked it up and they have a long history of poor management and frequent changes. If my kid didn’t love the water park so much we would have Hit the door. I guess pick your battles, a 5 year old or a 35 year old manager who hates life

That was a teachable moment you missed out on for your kid. Gotta take the good with the bad in life.

Reactions: 1 person
Heres a little inside info...

Servers have the final word on gratuity. The exception, not the rule, is bold print on the menu states "gratuity for parties of 8 or more MAY be added". If a server thinks they'll be stiffed, Grat. If they think they'll make more without, they don't.
The happiest medium is when a guest asks to be gratted & tips on top because they understand they're server is at least trying to make a living. Wether its paying off debt or feeding two kids.
Anyone that trys to argue "if they tried harder or made better decisions earlier in life, they wouldn't be a server now"....screw you, they're giving it their all to stay on their feet.
Bad service is your gamble.
Think about this the next time youre about to leave a "0".
His/hers kids will go to bed hungry.

Ive witnessed it. Its terrible.

Servers are not servants.

You've done it now. Nice knowing you, buddy.

Did this really bother you... or did this bother your wife?

I mean no ketchup and napkins? The horror...

Let me ask you this, if you went to a restaurant and they asked you to go to the kitchen and get your food and flatware as well as serve the other patrons would you feel ok w that? That is what we were told to do as guests. So yes, it bothered us as a family enough to ask a manager to take the tab.

Let me ask you this, if you went to a restaurant and they asked you to go to the kitchen and get your food and flatware as well as serve the other patrons would you feel ok w that? That is what we were told to do as guests. So yes, it bothered us as a family enough to ask a manager to take the tab.

I read what you posted. That is not what you said they did.

Reactions: 4 people
Bad patrons do flock together. Makes perfect sense. And pick your battles is a wise word of advice for servers/bartenders. Be prudent with them. Don't let a bad night dictate where you draw the line. Be firm with where you stand and stick to it. Emotion is never a good indicator on how to make decisions. I, for one, trust logic and reason as much as possible.

But trying to encourage repeat business is the name of the game. Except for Biopsy... He can cook for himself as far as I'm concerned. He might complain about that too, though...

No.. actually I have had other cook for me this week and WAIT on me here in Grand Cayman. The waiters actually care my about my experience and the restaurants that I have been to have been outstandingly Have a nice day

nope, you complain at every restaurant just to get it comped -- going from town to town selling a pyramid scheme like Amway or Life Insurance -- come to my house and try selling me something, so I can slam the door in your face

You are not a smart man

Last edited:
and where has he been ? Didnt meet his sales quota for June and is eating Taco Bell and KFC ?

No actually my sales are quite good and my bonuses are just as planned thank you for asking. I appreciate your well wishes regarding my performance, coming from you that means a lot.

i don’t consider a big night out like you do at Golden Corral or the Sizzler, hope you enjoy the extra slide of chocolate cake that you take home.

c16f80ae6aa8f3ca42b7a5f9f2f6c86a.jpg

Biopsy knows how to work the system -- much like a welfare queen does public aid

Just so you know tips are the discretion of the one who is paying. You probably tip the person at McDonald’s as they hand you your double cheese, but for future reference that is not necessary. Cheers

Just so you know tips are the discretion of the one who is paying. You probably tip the person at McDonald’s as they hand you your double cheese, but for future reference that is not necessary. Cheers

You are not a good salesman nor very good with zingers

VN Store

Back