What irritates you the most at restaurants?

when it has the name resort in the title? I don't know I guess that doesn't make it a resort?

I once drove by a trailer park named Country Club Estates.

But to your point...If you're going to serve hot food (burgers, dogs, fries, etc.) you should have the condiments out. It's not that difficult.

I once drove by a trailer park named Country Club Estates.

But to your point...If you're going to serve hot food (burgers, dogs, fries, etc.) you should have the condiments out. It's not that difficult.

Well we haven’t been naming businesses so I kept it at a description but this is a full on resort. After our visit I looked it up and they have a long history of poor management and frequent changes. If my kid didn’t love the water park so much we would have Hit the door. I guess pick your battles, a 5 year old or a 35 year old manager who hates life

here is one that got to me this past friday. I was at a resort and ordered the wife, kid, and I some food from a snack grill. It took around 10 mins to get our food and it wasnt that busy. so then we go to get condiments and napkins and there is no ketchup or napkins. We were told someone is coming to refill. After 5 more mins they told us to go to the inside restaurant (about 100 yards away) with our food and get ketchup there. Pissed off I went in the restaurant and they gave me a bottle of ketchup and about 200 napkins and asked me to take them back to the snack bar. I was livid and asked for a manager. They took my phone number and she was going to call me. Got her call back and her response was to comp to food. I asked her if i should expect this level of service every time or will this be addressed, her response.....it's summer, we are busy and she hung up on me.

I would have been pissed as well. As for the "entitled" response, its not my job to get those napkins and condiments and for an employee to ask me to go to the other building to get them and while there have another employee ask me to take them back to the other building is ridiculous.

I would have been pissed as well. As for the "entitled" response, its not my job to get those napkins and condiments and for an employee to ask me to go to the other building to get them and while there have another employee ask me to take them back to the other building is ridiculous.

My wife was livid but she’s red headed so that goes with the territory. She was the one that got the refund for the meal. I just couldn’t believe the manager hanging up on us. Oh well, moving on

I don't know where you're at, but it sounds like first world problems.
I don't do the resort crap anymore. I'm not an elite and I don't want to be treated like one once a year when I spend a lot of money at one.

That was a strange direction to go.

Lulz.

Are you referring to the 100 + a shift part? "My experience" dates back to the early 80's when $100 cash for 6 hrs was big money.

Or the "addicted" part? Were you drinking at work when you posted this?

Oh man, there are still plenty of places where that is the norm. I think overstaffing is worse than it's ever been. Leads to high turnover, greenhorn FoH lineups, and a lack of passion in service.

Last place I worked the floor at, we were at about 200 capacity, and ran with 4 servers, one bartender with a 20 top bar, 2 bussers/SA, 2 expo runners, and a barback. Labor tended to run high (upper 20's), but the owner was a former bartender, the staff was seasoned and exceptionally knowledgeable (I was the youngest by far at 24 compared to the other servers and the other bartender), and we crushed it. We always ran with as few as reason would allow.

As a result, servers usually walked with 250-400 every night unless the weeknight looked slow and you drew the short straw, and I would hit 300-500 every night. They even let me send a server home and take tables.

It was the perfect gig. I miss the genius of its simplicity.

Reactions: 1 person
Yup. Union Common, Husk, and Deacon's are far better and live up to the hype.

I just had Union Common for the first time a couple weeks ago and was very impressed. I'll definitely be back. One of the better ribeyes I've had in awhile. We shared a few sides and they were all top notch as well.

I had a business meeting last night with 20 people.. the 2 waiters disappeared for 20 minutes at a time.. not good.. nor was their tip

I spoke to the GM at the end..I left the tip that I wanted.. nice try, please don’t doubt me. I was hoping you were my waiter

never worked in the service/restaurant industry and that includes insurance or Kirby sales like you are involved with

Reactions: 2 people
I spoke to the GM at the end..I left the tip that I wanted.. nice try, please don’t doubt me. I was hoping you were my waiter

Just curious, how much was the gratuity that was added automatically?

How much did you leave?

probably not at every place - I just see it on receipts all the time - just reminds me of this Sopranos scene - better not post it though - lots of cussing in it

Sure, its common for tips to be automatically added now, especially for parties of 8 or more, but most places won't make a big deal if a guest is unhappy and wants it removed.

Sure, its common for tips to be automatically added now, especially for parties of 8 or more, but most places won't make a big deal if a guest is unhappy and wants it removed.

Biopsy knows how to work the system -- much like a welfare queen does public aid

Reactions: 4 people
Working the system for bad service? Your posts continue to amaze the stupid

nope, you complain at every restaurant just to get it comped -- going from town to town selling a pyramid scheme like Amway or Life Insurance -- come to my house and try selling me something, so I can slam the door in your face

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back