What irritates you the most at restaurants?

You know who has great service? Chick-Fil-A. I don't know what they do for incentives but those kids make an effort.

I was in a SoCal Chick-Fil-A once and it started raining (which it doesn't do often here). An employee went and stood by the door with an umbrella offering to walk people to their cars. And she wasn't even working for tips.

Chick-Fil-A pays their employees more than a lot of sit down restaurants. That probably helps attract better employees.

Reactions: 1 person
It's all a matter of preference with dropping the check. It depends on the customer.

To avoid all this, I would usually end a meal with asking if the table wanted any dessert. If they said no, I would tell them to let me know when they were ready to go. That way I could avoid offending any touchy customers who thought I was pushing them out of the door if I dropped the check unannounced.

As a customer, I honestly do not care when a server drops the check. If I want to order something else, I will and the server can print a new check. Doesn't bother me one bit either way.

This. Don't care when they drop the check. Don't sweat the small stuff in life and get all bent out of shape...oh, and about 90% of stuff is the small stuff.

Something funny I will add about them though:

While I often found their Sunday closures annoying and inconvenient, I had to respect their willingness to forego profits for conviction. But I remember several years ago when they needed to add an extra drive-thru lane at their Gunbarrel location in Chatt, they had the contractors come in and build that on a Sunday when they were closed. My wife and I cracked up when we drove past and saw that.

What is even more amazing is they out sell all other fast food chains by miles and they are only open 6 days/wk where the competition is open 7

I’m in Huntsville today for work and I had a business lunch and of course a family with 7eight-year-old kids are allowed to jump around and dance at the table next to us made for a great experience..Parents did nothing to control their kids…

I honestly like it when a server drops my check early. If im in a rush then it allows me to leave quickly, and if im not its ok for it to sit there

I’m in Huntsville today for work and I had a business lunch and of course a family with 7eight-year-old kids are allowed to jump around and dance at the table next to us made for a great experience..Parents did nothing to control their kids…

So next time, dont have a business lunch at Mcdonalds

Reactions: 7 people
So next time, dont have a business lunch at Mcdonalds

giphy.gif

Reactions: 3 people
Something funny I will add about them though:

While I often found their Sunday closures annoying and inconvenient, I had to respect their willingness to forego profits for conviction. But I remember several years ago when they needed to add an extra drive-thru lane at their Gunbarrel location in Chatt, they had the contractors come in and build that on a Sunday when they were closed. My wife and I cracked up when we drove past and saw that.

I don't doubt the sincerity of their faith, but the Cathys have stated that while they'd be closed on Sundays even if this wasn't the case, they believe being closed on Sundays creates greater demand on the other days, especially Saturday and Monday, which helps make up for being closed on Sundays.

It's a pretty simple model they follow really - heavily vet your franchisees, don't cannibalize your existing locations (as popular as Chick-fil-A is, they don't put one on every corner like Starbucks or McDonalds) and have a simple menu (don't offer everything under the sun).

Crappy service has created Panera Bread and Chipotle as a example in casual dinner Get your food yourself... No tip

That type of restaurant still doesn't eliminate crappy service. If you ate at Panera Bread you'd quickly learn how often they screw things up.

True.. But I’m not tipping some for bad service additionally

I don't think you tip at all. I think you're the type of person that's looking for the smallest, minute mistake to justify your not tipping. I think you're a bigot toward servers.

Reactions: 4 people
I don't think you tip at all. I think you're the type of person that's looking for the smallest, minute mistake to justify your not tipping. I think you're a bigot toward servers.

I tip well when the service is good. Please be careful in defaming ohers. Have a nice day

I try to be understanding but this irks me. I can deal with little ones too, because the parent nor child can control those emotions and behaviors. But by about 4 years old, sit down n be quiet

It’s more the parents than the kids.. the parent pretend not to see their kids running around the table

I don’t disagree. If I can get 20 kindergartners to show self-control all day long (or st least most of it) you CAN control how your kids act too.

I don’t disagree. If I can get 20 kindergartners to show self-control all day long (or st least most of it) you CAN control how your kids act too.

So true.. kids follow direction if you provide it. The parent were to busy taking pictures of their food which is strange in itself

VN Store

Back