Official Jon Gruden Thread XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, but it's ok. I placed it before a lot of insider info started rolling in because the payout was so huge, but I got wrapped up in all of it and actually started to believe what was being said. I learned a valuable lesson. To be clear, I'm not calling anyone out by saying that, just that sources aren't always accurate.

Don’t blame you a bit. If I had an extra $500 to make like 8 g’s, i’d done it too.

Reactions: 1 person
Here is the timeline I believe:

Ainge talks to PM and PM says he knows nothing about Schiano hire (PF too).

Currie calls Manning and says it is a done deal will you help out and contact VFLs.

PM then starts sending txts

Sh*t hits the fan when public finds out

This would explain both conflicting reports.

Lol, Peyton doesn't take calls from Ainge.

It's amazing to me that I saw many list of candidates folks would be happy with. I don't remember ever seeing Gundy on anybodies list. But now folks seem to be fine with Gundy? Were we really so scared to death of the Schiano fiasco that this is simply an easier pill to swallow?

Reactions: 3 people
Somebody please let Grundy know 2 facts about being a Vol:

1. Our rivals wear mullets, not our coach
2. We play defense in the SEC, and we fully expect to see a damn good one in orange

It's amazing to me that I saw many list of candidates folks would be happy with. I don't remember ever seeing Gundy on anybodies list. But now folks seem to be fine with Gundy? Were we really so scared to death of the Schiano fiasco that this is simply an easier pill to swallow?

Gundy would be a great hire. He wasn't on anyones list because he had just signed another contract. IF he is really interested he would of been on everyones list.

Reactions: 5 people

After he used us to get a raise last time I don't think he was on anyone's radar this time around.

Yeah I’m kind of choosing to believe Peyton found out it was a done deal and figured he should try to sell a sh!tsandwich for the love of his alma later. Doesn’t make sense any other way

Listening to Hyams tell it, it was all Currie, Haslem, and Peyton. Jimmy also said that​ if you want to get rid of Currie, then you'll​ have to go through PM and Haslam. TIFWIW

FOR THE RECORD, I DON'T LIKE JIMMY HYAMS.

After Schiano everyone looks better. Everyone wants stability quick and easy without realizing chaos is what makes it possible. War is necessary for peace.

Reactions: 2 people

I don't think he was ever considered a serious possibility due to his past of rebuffing offers. He's a great coach. Has done way more with less than even Mullen.

Last edited:
Listening to Hyams tell it, it was all Currie, Haslem, and Peyton. Jimmy also said that​ if you want to get rid of Currie, then you'll​ have to go through PM and Haslam. TIFWIW

FOR THE RECORD, I DON'T LIKE JIMMY HYAMS.

Peyton wants a political future.

Same reason nobody had Saban, Meyer, Belichick, etc (not saying he's on that level). Because nobody ever believed he would be a realistic candidate. He's an OSU alum and has stayed there for years despite numerous offers. I would have had him on my short list.

2. We play defense in the SEC, and we fully expect to see a damn good one in orange

D@mn, if only you had let Shoop know about #2, you would have saved my liver.

Reactions: 3 people

1. Mullets are life .., Joe Dirt
2. The best defense Gundy has is let the other team score and get the ball again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back