Official Jon Gruden Thread XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must have missed my posts. I said there were 4 coaches I would be happy with:

Gruden, Saban, Meyer and Belichick

Other than those 4, blah or nah.

Mediocrity and disgust with UT football has made me pretty demanding with regard to a new coach. I'm not ashamed of it.
View attachment 148406

Lol. Hats off to you man. Go big or go home. Only problem is, none of those were realistic apparently.

Anyone that doesn’t thing the ESPN layoffs are real or that Gruden wasn’t considering us, look no further than Herm Edwards interviewing for the AZ St job this week as reported by Adam Schefter. Hasn’t coached in 8 years and hasn’t coached college since the early 80’s. We had our white whale. We had him. And now?... a mullet.

Reactions: 5 people
It'd be a big jump for Tee but with the right support staff, he could handle it.

My thoughts are that Tee may bring Kevin Steel and perhaps D Jones and others with a Tennessee connection and a solid coaching ability to help.

Tee can recruit for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 people
8.4 million is 2 times, too much for
Gundy. That's Gruden money, not Gundy money. Currie, Haslam, Peyton whoever else is on the search team,​ need to slow down and hire someone that wants the job, not someone you have to beg and overpay to get.

This.ismt about what the coach is worth. It's about pacifying the average fan until this can blow over.

Most could care less if Haslam stays or goes.

The Haslams have more at stake here than hiring a good football coach.

They are tied into every facet of the university.

If you think they don't make millions off the school or through contacts that network through the school then I don't know what to tell you.

The 8.4m for Gundy is nothing compared to the other are at stake if the Haslams get ousted.

If it was it about the hiring of a coach and and what say they have in that do you really think they would fight as hard as they do to keep their people in place?

Saw a guy today that I really dislike. He was dressed in Florida gear head-to-toe and I was talking to someone about Gundy. As soon as he was in earshot, I said 'At least we didn't get saddled with Mullen.'

Most satisfying part of my day.

Reactions: 4 people
I can't tell the whole story but here is what I can tell .
A very powerful person in Tennessee sent out a tweet Sunday night supporting Vol fans. Within hours this person got a call from Jimmy Haslam and was TOLD not asked to delete tweet. Can't tell the whole conversation but he was politely told to go to hell. I can say with 100 % confidence by what Haslam said during phone call , he was behind the hire.

Reactions: 13 people

Would Peyton jeopardize his reputation with the Vol faithful over him backing a child sex enabler and prick? No. There's no -yes- to this question that makes immediate, coherent sense. It just doesn't.

Maybe Peyton is logical enough to understand that's a ridiculous accusation.

Reactions: 1 person
Not buying it. One of two things happened, Peyton let this get out and can't back track, to avoid thwarting the coup, or he was casually asked of his approval and the story has been misrepresented.

Would Peyton jeopardize his reputation with the Vol faithful over him backing a child sex enabler and prick? No. There's no -yes- to this question that makes immediate, coherent sense. It just doesn't.

He didn't need any favors from Haslam to get into a front office in the NFL. Interest by other teams has already been discussed here.

Maybe. But not what i heard

Anyone that doesn’t thing the ESPN layoffs are real or that Gruden wasn’t considering us, look no further than Herm Edwards interviewing for the AZ St job this week as reported by Adam Schefter. Hasn’t coached in 8 years and hasn’t coached college since the early 80’s. We had our white whale. We had him. And now?... a mullet.

I've learned not to believe everything I read on here anymore. A lot of what we've read as facts were actually speculation, bad info, and probably a little trolling. I'm no so sure he was ever a real possibility just because people were saying it on here.

Reactions: 2 people
It'd be a big jump for Tee but with the right support staff, he could handle it.

Love Tee, but I seriously doubt it. Tee did not get much of a HS education and doubt he improved much on it while at UT. He has not really excelled at OC. Adequate, may even better than average, but not elite by any means. He has no head coaching experience. I think it could be a disaster. I would support him 100% though. With most any other hire, I'm withholding support until they prove themselves.

Dewey200-4.gif

All we have heard is Haslem let Gruden borrow his plane and radio host are told by Gruden to not ask him about Tennessee. I am not sure what to believe if someone just wants attention and says they have sources and they are really just a mouth breather but I can tell you that since 2011 people been talking about he coming and he ain't here it's a smoke screen or some bs. If Gruden cared at all he could say something and it would be done or he could say I don't want to coach.
It is but it ain't his fault.. his name was drug into this. But at the least he could have shut the rumors down. That's my biggest issue.

Sent from my Alcatel_5056O using Tapatalk

Don’t you know that Butch is somewhere playing with his watch collection, just freaking giddy on how this went down.

Oooh, makes me so mad to think he’s getting his jollies at our expense!!!! 🤬🤬

I can't tell the whole story but here is what I can tell .
A very powerful person in Tennessee sent out a tweet Sunday night supporting Vol fans. Within hours this person got a call from Jimmy Haslam and was TOLD not asked to delete tweet. Can't tell the whole conversation but he was politely told to go to hell. I can say with 100 % confidence by what Haslam said during phone call , he was behind the hire.

I'm guessing this was one of the legislators in TN.

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back