Official Jon Gruden Thread XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's amazing to me that I saw many list of candidates folks would be happy with. I don't remember ever seeing Gundy on anybodies list. But now folks seem to be fine with Gundy? Were we really so scared to death of the Schiano fiasco that this is simply an easier pill to swallow?

Nope, Gundy is an awesome coach.

Reactions: 3 people
Guys. Sometimes a narrative gets written on here and it takes a life upon it's on.

Peyton knew and he helped. The guy was recommended.

Not buying it. One of two things happened, Peyton let this get out and can't back track, to avoid thwarting the coup, or he was casually asked of his approval and the story has been misrepresented.

Would Peyton jeopardize his reputation with the Vol faithful over him backing a child sex enabler and prick? No. There's no -yes- to this question that makes immediate, coherent sense. It just doesn't.

He didn't need any favors from Haslam to get into a front office in the NFL. Interest by other teams has already been discussed here.

I threw up.

I like Peyton too much to believe some chit like that without hearing it from him.

Hell, I believed Gruden was coming and bringing Lane Kiffin as OC, Rex Ryan as DC and Jimmy Johnson as GM over operations.

Might as well not believe that about Peyton.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not anti-Gundy at all, but if I had $8 million to spend, I would start in Seattle. I might also make a stop in Fort Worth before heading up to Stillwater.

Reactions: 2 people
Listening to Hyams tell it, it was all Currie, Haslem, and Peyton. Jimmy also said that? if you want to get rid of Currie, then you'll? have to go through PM and Haslam. TIFWIW

FOR THE RECORD, I DON'T LIKE JIMMY HYAMS.

Boy I hope that is wrong about PM being on Haslam side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Listening to Hyams tell it, it was all Currie, Haslem, and Peyton. Jimmy also said that​ if you want to get rid of Currie, then you'll​ have to go through PM and Haslam. TIFWIW

FOR THE RECORD, I DON'T LIKE JIMMY HYAMS.
Hyams has been wrong about a lot of things

I don't think he was ever considered a serious possibility due to his past of rebuff in offers. He's a great coach. Has done way more with less than even Mullen.

This. Mullen is seen as a great coach by some because he had a couple of decent years against good competition. Gundy has done it year in and year out against good competition (probably better overall).

It's amazing to me that I saw many list of candidates folks would be happy with. I don't remember ever seeing Gundy on anybodies list. But now folks seem to be fine with Gundy? Were we really so scared to death of the Schiano fiasco that this is simply an easier pill to swallow?

Reality has set in.

Reactions: 4 people
I'm not anti-Gundy at all, but if I had $8 million to spend, I would start in Seattle. I might also make a stop in Fort Worth before heading up to Stillwater.

This. Gundy is a good coach, no doubt. But 8 million is a heck of a lot of money for a good coach. 8 million buys a great coach, even with a little premium for our situation.

Reactions: 1 person
Here is the timeline I believe:

Ainge talks to PM and PM says he knows nothing about Schiano hire (PF too).

Currie calls Manning and says it is a done deal will you help out and contact VFLs.

PM then starts sending txts

Sh*t hits the fan when public finds out

This would explain both conflicting reports.

Why wouldn't Peyton call Ainge. He has more reach than most other vols put together.That doesn't make any sense.

Same reason nobody had Saban, Meyer, Belichick, etc (not saying he's on that level). Because nobody ever believed he would be a realistic candidate. He's an OSU alum and has stayed there for years despite numerous offers. I would have had him on my short list.

You must have missed my posts. I said there were 4 coaches I would be happy with:

Gruden, Saban, Meyer and Belichick

Other than those 4, blah or nah.

Mediocrity and disgust with UT football has made me pretty demanding with regard to a new coach. I'm not ashamed of it.
Something wrong with me.gif

That's who went through my mind, for that kind of money.

The internal struggles in Booster Land have been discussed a lot longer than a week, and there are folks in here that warned us this was going to happen, needed to happen, or we would continue the downward spiral.
It's a complete and utter embarrassment is what it is..

Sent from my Alcatel_5056O using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back