Will new coach cuss? Do you care?

This thread and the debate that follows is stupid.

Who cares? Honestly? I want someone who wins football games. If throwing around some choice words is his way of doing it, so be it.

The idiot factor has hit an all time high with the news of a search for a coach.

So tell the guy holding the gun to your head to go away so you won't have to respond to this thread again.

I look at it like this...

I don't want some lout dropping f bombs in the middle of a restaurant (or most public places) in front of my kids. But it is what it is. If a recruit (family) is offended then the kid won't come here. This is not the badminton team. If you can hear the coach dropping f bombs above the crowd noise at a game then most likely it's deserved (or you need to yell louder).:)

I look at it like this...

I don't want some lout dropping f bombs in the middle of a restaurant (or most public places) in front of my kids. But it is what it is. If a recruit (family) is offended then the kid won't come here. This is not the badminton team. If you can hear the coach dropping f bombs above the crowd noise at a game then most likely it's deserved (or you need to yell louder).:)

Maybe we don't need the sissy, anyway. :)

Chuck Knowl- Dallas Cowboys (spell?) was a great coach! He got the point across, led his team, won championships, etc...& is prob one of the best coaches in history. Number 1 or 2 on the list if you include good coaches with cool hats. The bottom line is, the style of a coach & his mouth is personal opinion. Do you have to cuss to win? No. Can you use it as a motivating tool? Yes. Is it the only way to teach someone the same truth about football? No.

Style & language depends on the charachter of the man. All most people want is W's! I'll take a clean mouth to teach our young men...and W's!

If the coach we hire is known for "not cursing", when he see`s crompton playing then he will be a bigtime "cusser". Personally i dont give a rats arse wat comes of his mouth. Whatever he needs to say to motivate players is fine with me

:eek:lol::eek:lol: Your right. My pastor isn't a UT fan but watched Crompton play once this year and I think I heard him cuss

Chuck Knowl- Dallas Cowboys (spell?) was a great coach! He got the point across, led his team, won championships, etc...& is prob one of the best coaches in history. Number 1 or 2 on the list if you include good coaches with cool hats. The bottom line is, the style of a coach & his mouth is personal opinion. Do you have to cuss to win? No. Can you use it as a motivating tool? Yes. Is it the only way to teach someone the same truth about football? No.

Style & language depends on the charachter of the man. All most people want is W's! I'll take a clean mouth to teach our young men...and W's!
That would be Tom Landry.

tom-landry.jpg

We need the meanest, toughest SOB there is to offer. I would prefer that he cuss and take the lord's name in vain as much as he feels necessary. Their men I don't think it would hurt their feelings.

We need the meanest, toughest SOB there is to offer. I would prefer that he cuss and take the lord's name in vain as much as he feels necessary. Their men I don't think it would hurt their feelings.

....but I don't have any coaching experience.

As my 1st post on here..no, I don't care if they cuss. I have witnessed so many people in the stands of a certain religion cussing, then judge that head coach about it..so no, and at least the coaches are not worried about what other people think, what gives you the right to judge them? Sure, there are certain things they should keep to a minimum with cameras and mic's around, but they are showing emotion..hell, I honestly would be worried if UT got a coach that didn't cuss..

a foul mouth shows a persons intelligence level. Saying damn is as low as it gets. I would like the new coach to teach our kids to be a good christian on and off the field. Show some class when he is representing UT.

Comparing to Jon Gruden, most famous figures mentioned in this thread are just prudish church choir boys. So be prepared...

I want our new coach to teach these kids some class and some respect. But I want him to instill pride in them because they are playing football for a top tier program and getting a top notch education to boot and most of them do not pay a dime. They need to be grateful and they need to give it all they have on and off the field. But DO NOT baby them, they are men, if they screw up, making them feel the pain. If our new coach needs to grab them by the face mask and scream at them to get the point across, I have no problem w/ that.

Comparing to Jon Gruden, most famous figures mentioned in this thread are just prudish church choir boys. So be prepared...

Yep, Chucky has been known to carpet bomb with the f-word. Personally I don't care what the coach says as long as he gets his point across to the players. Maybe that involves foul language, maybe it doesn't. Depends on the coach's style.

Really? Some people would actually care if the new coach cusses?? Wow. I couldn't care less if the new coach cusses, as long as he instills some discipline, pride, and work ethic into this program. If you have ever played football, you know, they are more than used to being cussed at for screwing up in the heat of battle. Its just words.....it has no bearing on the persons ability to coach.

Saban said some bad words - damn - JC - repeatedly after that kick at the end of the LSU game. The camera man zoomed in close to get the reaction. The networks know that if they zoom in on people like Saban they will get this behavior on TV purposefully.

I don't want to see a UT coach cussing on TV like that.
I've seen Fulmer curse saying BS but I've never seen Fulmer take the Lord's name in vain.

Does anyone else care about this?

Even if you don't care about the type of cursing, are you ok with any of it from a representative of your university?

if ut is 9-0 after nine games. i don't give a @#%$ what the #&%*&@$ coach says on the #*^&%!@ camera.

a foul mouth shows a persons intelligence level. Saying damn is as low as it gets. I would like the new coach to teach our kids to be a good christian on and off the field. Show some class when he is representing UT.
Yeah, all the Bible thumping really helped during Buzz Peterson's tenure.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

What if they are Jewish, Atheist, Muslim, Buddhist, etc?

VN Store

Back